Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   tom petty and the heartbreakers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15628)

Jim Bon Jovi 08-18-2003 02:56 AM

tom petty and the heartbreakers

played learning to fly in work yesterday and it reminded me how good tom petty and co were.
better songs than bruce IMO

Donna 08-18-2003 09:48 AM

You should buy their greatest hits cd. It's fab!
"Here comes my girl", "Refugee" and "Free falling" are my fave tracks.

Neurotica80 08-18-2003 11:05 AM

Theres a song what I like by them and the chorus is "I stand my ground, and i wont back down) so im guessing its called I wont back down. Does anyone remember the video they did with Johnny depp in it? I think that was called rebel without a cause.

Tashjbj 08-18-2003 11:26 AM

I love Tom Petty, have the cd Full Moon Fever, great songs on that.
Is he still around???

Tash

Jim Bon Jovi 08-18-2003 02:54 PM

got the greatest hits. the olde rversion not the re issue they brought out a couple of years ago. pretty much identical though i think.

yeah they're still kicking around but from wot i hear, he's become pretty bitter with the music industry over the past few years.

Donna 08-18-2003 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Theres a song what I like by them and the chorus is "I stand my ground, and i wont back down) so im guessing its called I wont back down. Does anyone remember the video they did with Johnny depp in it? I think that was called rebel without a cause.

the actual song is called "Into the great wide open" but there is a line that goes "rebel without a clue".

I saw them at the Shepherds Bush Empire a few years ago, they rocked!

Mousebounce 08-18-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

That is one of my favorites too!!! American Girl rocks also! I really love their greatest hits CD. 8)

allmike 08-18-2003 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

That is one of my favorites too!!! American Girl rocks also! I really love their greatest hits CD. 8)

Tom petty rock, his greatest hit rock even more. 8)

Tashjbj 08-18-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
Quote:

the actual song is called "Into the great wide open" but there is a line that goes "rebel without a clue".

I saw them at the Shepherds Bush Empire a few years ago, they rocked!

That's a different song though, also on Full Moon Fever. The one Neurotica mentions is called I won't back down, Tom Petty sang that at the The tribute to Heroes concert.

Tash

Edwin 08-18-2003 07:35 PM

I like the song Free Fallin' :).