Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DeF LEppARd (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31919)

SamboraQueen21 02-07-2006 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
I've always liked Def Leppard. One of my faves. Seen them live about 6 times. I saw them with Bryan Adams a couple months ago though, and believe it or not, Bryan Adams tore them a new one.

I saw them last summer with Bryan Adams too. DL opened the show and BA closed - I think the tour alternated every night with who was closing. While I love DL and had a ton of fun at the show BA really was awesome. In fact the people I went with all enjoyed BA much more than DL. I thought DL sounded pretty good when I was there but then I bought a bootleg CD of that show and Oh God I cannot even make it throught the first few songs Joe Elliot sounds awful. He sounded much better when I was there rocking out front row. It was general admission and very cool to be on the baseball field. Still depsite the bad sounding CD I would go see them again. They are a band who just have so many great songs it is hard to leave a show disappointed. I love Vivian Campbell and Sav and some of my favorite songs are: Women (probably my all time #1 Lep song), Action, Hysteria, Armageddon It, and of course Love Bites!

Dave 1986 02-08-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriK
Sounds great. Hopefull it will be a rock album not a pop album such as X.

Yeah, I agree, although I didn't completely dislike X. My favourite tracks from that album were Now, Long Long Way To Go and Gravity.

I don't really know what I want from their next album. Obviously a hard rock album, but specifically I suppose something in the vein of Slang mixed with Euphoria, but then again, it would be great to see them reinvent themselves with a modern hard rock sound yet still maintain the classic Leppard sound.

Although like I've said before, I think a brand new live DVD would be awesome.

eriK 02-08-2006 11:42 PM

I have never seen DL live. I would give my right knee for that.

RichieW2001 02-09-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

I have never seen DL live. I would give my right knee for that.

or your left arm?

eriK 02-09-2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
or your left arm?

Nope. Just my right knee. :D

RichieW2001 02-09-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Nope. Just my right knee. :D

i'm fairly sure they're in greater need of a left arm.....

SamboraQueen21 02-09-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Clever!! :D Frieken brilliant!

eriK 02-09-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

LOL!!! Didn't see that coming!! :D

UKjovi 02-09-2006 03:43 PM

I recently got the best of album and its great. always liked them but never got into them . wouldnt mind seeing them live :)

aph01 02-09-2006 06:49 PM

I love DL, my second favorite band. Promises and Stand Up are my favorite DL at the minute. Im a fan of most of their albums apart from Slang. Cant believe in 25 years they havent released a live album. DL are not that popular over here in britain for some reason though. Are they big in the states these days? What sort of audieneces would they attract in the states?