Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70442)

liljovi93 03-12-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251557)
I listened this one, and somehow I remembered an old interview that Hugh did with fans when he was clueless about the name of the recent Bon Jovi albums... I think he certainly is not clueless about the Richie situation, since Hugh and Richie always still talked each other. However Jovi clearly don't talk about some things and obviously his stepson either... and I bet that's one chapter of "the book Bon Jovi Business" kinda like "how you to change it up without changing it" (Wanted without guitar, lol...). A few reconfirmations like: the Christmas gift Hall of Fame story, that Hugh played on Runaway, then nothing, and then full since SWW (except Young Guns), that JBJ have the setlist HOURS before the show, and some more nice stories.

Thank you. I liked the story of JBJ & Richie at HOF when the photos were being taken. That was nice to hear.

Jake was a great guest from the minute it started. Conversation was constantly flowing and he was honest with a lot of it.

I don't agree with his opinion on JBJ vocals. Not a chance it gets back to the standard he said it will.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

eddie73 03-12-2019 08:21 AM

Cracking one last night with Jake, played it driving home from work then carried it on once back, much to the annoyance of the MRS ! didn't realise you was Twitter Guy on here, always thought LilJovi was bird HaHa

liljovi93 03-12-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1251559)
Cracking one last night with Jake, played it driving home from work then carried it on once back, much to the annoyance of the MRS ! didn't realise you was Twitter Guy on here, always thought LilJovi was bird HaHa

Hahahaha nope that's me!

Thanks for the feedback mate. Nearly 200 listens on YouTube alone in just under 24 hours. Response has been brilliant so far.

steel_horse75 03-12-2019 11:43 AM

i can hardly hear anything Hughs stepson says.
Ill give it a go through headphones - currently listening out loud on a PC.

liljovi93 03-12-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251562)
i can hardly hear anything Hughs stepson says.

Ill give it a go through headphones - currently listening out loud on a PC.

Yeah at times it was hard for me to hear him to be honest. I did say to him at one point it was low and then he got closer to the microphone and then moved away again haha.

I've just bought new speakers and a new microphone so hopefully from tomorrow onwards, podcasts are clearer.

I've literally just been using my laptop for them so far. Laptop speakers/microphone and recording on it so now it should be better.

Rdkopper 03-12-2019 12:32 PM

Not a bad interview.. at times you'll ask the same question three times in a row.

I know you didn't want to make it all about Bon Jovi... but his close relationship with Richie could have opened more questions.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jeeper 03-12-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251517)
I thought this was a brilliant idea from the first time you mentioned it; but sometimes I'm a slow-starter so I'm just now getting on board with your podcasts.

I chose to start with the one you did with Andy (Jeeper) because he always raises interesting points in our interactions here and I wanted to hear what else he might have to say.

Besides now being able to associate a voice with his name (and yours), I found it quite different to hear some of your respective views versus reading them because so much can be lost in written communication - inflection, humor, emphasis, etc. It was well worth the time spent listening and I appreciate both of you taking the time to share your thoughts.

I have to add that your snippet game at the end of the podcast is positively evil! :evilbat:I only got 3 right (and had to cover my ears and "la-la-la" to do that so I wouldn't hear Jeeper's answers, because he was so quick on the draw)! :roll::D

Now I'm really excited about listening to the others and hearing from future guests. Nice work!

Thanks Jackie! Some nice comments there.

I really enjoyed doing the podcast with Jay. He’s put so much time and effort into these, as well as running his Twitter account and working mad hours as a PT.

Obviously the podcasts are in their infancy but it’s impressive how he’s already attracting some guests who are genuinely close to the band and upcoming guests who have actually recorded with Jon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 03-12-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1251565)
Thanks Jackie! Some nice comments there.

I really enjoyed doing the podcast with Jay. He’s put so much time and effort into these, as well as running his Twitter account and working mad hours as a PT.

Obviously the podcasts are in their infancy but it’s impressive how he’s already attracting some guests who are genuinely close to the band and upcoming guests who have actually recorded with Jon!

Cheers Andy. I finished the podcast with Mark Weiss yesterday 30 mins before I was due in with a client and I don't drive so it shows how dedicated I am to these at the moment.

I've already got a bunch of people lined up for this week's episodes. I'm going to try and spread them out so people aren't behind on them. Mark's will be out by the end of the week though as he'd like his one out early.

You already know who is lined up for the podcasts and it's amazing who is willing to come on.

Tomorrow, Kenny Aronoff is coming on the podcast!! Drummer of the Young Guns 2 album. I'm EXCITED for this!!!

I've asked Kenny if we can do a Q&A so if he says yes, I'll ask some of you on here to send questions over.

Jeeper 03-12-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251566)
Cheers Andy. I finished the podcast with Mark Weiss yesterday 30 mins before I was due in with a client and I don't drive so it shows how dedicated I am to these at the moment.

I've already got a bunch of people lined up for this week's episodes. I'm going to try and spread them out so people aren't behind on them. Mark's will be out by the end of the week though as he'd like his one out early.

You already know who is lined up for the podcasts and it's amazing who is willing to come on.

Tomorrow, Kenny Aronoff is coming on the podcast!! Drummer of the Young Guns 2 album. I'm EXCITED for this!!!

I've asked Kenny if we can do a Q&A so if he says yes, I'll ask some of you on here to send questions over.

No doubting your commitment mate.

REALLY looking forward to the Kenny podcast. The guy is a legend and has played on so many huge albums as well as touring with the likes of John Mellencamp.

This one could achieve your highest view count yet I reckon.

liljovi93 03-12-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1251567)
No doubting your commitment mate.

REALLY looking forward to the Kenny podcast. The guy is a legend and has played on so many huge albums as well as touring with the likes of John Mellencamp.

This one could achieve your highest view count yet I reckon.

I'm really hoping so mate. Jake's has done brilliant so far so I expect Kenny to do even better