Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   March 19th 2017 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69909)

bjcrazycpa 03-20-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1221294)
I think the problem is with the layout of the arenas. As far as I know, they have seats on the "floor" (is that the right word for it? I mean the area before the stage, where no steps are going up and it's just flat), or is that only the case for some? All concerts I've been to only had seats everywhere except the "floor", so that people could/had to stand there, and could sit on the seats, if they had booked some.

People with seats standing up is another thing. There you have to come to some sort of agreement with your neighbors, depending on how steep the steps from row to row are, etc.

That is correct. For the arena shows for Bon Jovi (and a lot of artists that play the US), the floor is seats.

jovifan93 03-20-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1221287)
It is all about opinion but for me the same 15 songs every show for the last 10 years is old...

True. But some of the Jon just genuinely likes (LH, WLOL, hell maybe even Working Man) and some I'd consider hits/must-plays. So that, combined with the 6 new songs and maybe 1 or 2 songs on rotation per night doesn't leave much room, unless they decide to play 26-29 songs again, which probably isn't what Jon wants to do nowadays.

Let's face it: this is the new songs + the hits + some songs Jon wants to play and/or thinks they will go over well, depending on city, state, country they play in... And I'm perfectly fine with it. I know what to expect and have a great time seeing the guys and singing along. I just hope they will tour Europe after all next year...

efpg0708 03-20-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1221279)
May I ask how old your brother is? I just don't get people going to a concert, paying a lot of money for it, and not having listened to the songs before, not even those that are already 9-17 years old like LH, Crash, etc.?

He's 36. He's the reason I got into Bon Jovi, because he used to listen to Slippery and NJ all the time at home when I was a young kid. But he lost all interest for the band after 2000. I've tried to show him some good post-2000 songs but he just doesn't care.

I don't get why people don't listen to the albuns before going to a show either, but it seems to be the case of 90% of the audience these days.

KeepTheFaith2211 03-20-2017 05:56 PM

I know I wasn't there and it doesn't matter etc but I don't think I could enjoy seeing that set. There are too many songs which just aren't good. That encore would have been blasted a couple of years ago.

Gabriel Shoes 03-20-2017 07:18 PM

Well, if anybody thinks Jon killed Always just embrace yourselves for These Days on the Europe leg.

He have a highly potential contender for Alpine Valley '03 as the worst These Days ever performed on planet Earth.

Kathleen 03-20-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1221304)
Well, if anybody thinks Jon killed Always just embrace yourselves for These Days on the Europe leg.

He have a highly potential contender for Alpine Valley '03 as the worst These Days ever performed on planet Earth.

That one shares the worst award with Giants Stadium 06 (last show). They were both awful. And then came 2008 and 2010-2011......what changed?

angelsambo 03-20-2017 08:41 PM

Bon Jovi live @ Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland 03/19/2017

hackster73 03-20-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1221305)
That one shares the worst award with Giants Stadium 06 (last show). They were both awful. And then came 2008 and 2010-2011......what changed?

I remember the first time he dusted always off in 2008 and I mean it was a real wow moment. All of a sudden we could almost expect anything to appear in the setlist. As you say it lasted for 3-4 years then declined.

Captmorgs 03-20-2017 10:21 PM

Isn't it odd they haven't booked a 2nd North American leg? No Portland, Seattle, Milwaukee, Boston, Montreal, etc.? Just these remaining shows, some random gig in NY in August, and then supposedly Europe in 2018? What's happening for the rest of 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 03-20-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1221317)
Isn't it odd they haven't booked a 2nd North American leg? No Portland, Seattle, Milwaukee, Boston, Montreal, etc.? Just these remaining shows, some random gig in NY in August, and then supposedly Europe in 2018? What's happening for the rest of 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Album???

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk