Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Fan Club Package Updates (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70782)

Captain_jovi 11-18-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1270227)
Well,actually,thats what I understood,but dont believe me 100%,maybe Im wrong.
If he said "YOULL have access to directors cut with 6 more songs" what I understand is,that YOU,are the people watching the stream with Gold packages,but again,Im not sure 100%,thats just what I understood.

Fair enough! I guess we don't know if he meant the Royal You or specifically Gold members (hahahah).

It just stands to reason in the package info the Gold mentions nothing about bonus music and video but also technically didn't mention specific Q and A's so what do I know?

Xavi 11-18-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270229)
Fair enough! I guess we don't know if he meant the Royal You or specifically Gold members (hahahah).

It just stands to reason in the package info the Gold mentions nothing about bonus music and video but also technically didn't mention specific Q and A's so what do I know?

Yeah,eveything is very unclear.
The only things we know for sure are the 2020 stream video next Friday and the 3 Christmas songs on thanksgiving.

Ah,and he also mentioned he was taking tennis classes before the pandemic hahaha

bonjovi90 11-18-2020 04:36 PM

The lack of transparency takes the fun out of it before it's even started. I kind of fear that we're hoping for way too much.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

JoviForever 11-18-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1270223)
What I understood was that the 3 Christmas songs were recorded on studio,not live songs,and the will be out on thanksgiving.
The 2020 live show will be streamed next Friday to everybody,but Gold members will have the 6 or 7 more songs.
Halo is not from 2020 sessions,its an old song.
The fans that got access to the zoom chat were people that usually go to the Runaways trips.

The usual suspects - talk about favouritism and being a band ‘of the people’!😡

Johny 11-18-2020 06:15 PM

I guess the bonuses for the livestream are some of the hits. I think there was an interview with Phil where he said they'll play the whole album and a few classics. So I wouldn't count on any demos. If that's what some people expect.

I'm really curious what we are getting. Honestly, three Christmas song covers recorded with the KOS are not what I'd want from it. Let's hope the other stuff is worth it.

nikos greece 11-18-2020 09:53 PM

if i remember correctly jon said they recorded and shoot video for the three songs.
the 6 extra songs will be classics, not bonus tracks, from what i got, and it will be the directors cut edition that the members will have access, jon mentioned he participated in editing etc and knowing him i believe he decided that he wants to focus on the new tracks and not have the classics taking the spotlight.
jon also mentioned he played the album for paul mcartney and bruce and played lower the flag in an acoustic live, beatle paul played on of his new songs as well to him in response.
i got a vibe that jon is a bit dissapointed on how the album performed iselling wise...maybe i am reading too much into it, there was a certain response that got me that feeling but i cant recall, maybe i m wrong though.
he also mentioned they have the christmas shows on dvd but he didnt specifically said they ll share and upgrade those sources

rolo_tomachi 11-18-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1270234)
if i remember correctly jon said they recorded and shoot video for the three songs.
the 6 extra songs will be classics, not bonus tracks, from what i got, and it will be the directors cut edition that the members will have access, jon mentioned he participated in editing etc and knowing him i believe he decided that he wants to focus on the new tracks and not have the classics taking the spotlight.
jon also mentioned he played the album for paul mcartney and bruce and played lower the flag in an acoustic live, beatle paul played on of his new songs as well to him in response.
i got a vibe that jon is a bit dissapointed on how the album performed iselling wise...maybe i am reading too much into it, there was a certain response that got me that feeling but i cant recall, maybe i m wrong though.
he also mentioned they have the christmas shows on dvd but he didnt specifically said they ll share and upgrade those sources

When do you think all this will start rolling? you know, release the first tracks to download.

Supersonic 11-19-2020 06:36 AM

Aloha !

It all feels really desperate to me. 2020 didn't sell and no one cares for it but a few Bon Jovi fans. He then starts up a fanclub to promote christmas songs recorded with a band no one gives a shit about just so he's able to have an audience for them while at the same time being fully aware that the one thing people really want (unreleased stuff with the real band) is not being offered here. Instead, he offers a live recording of 2020 with bonus songs which'll be more hits everyone's grown tired of hearing and teases early stuff just so people might sign up only to let them down as there's just no way they'll be releasing live records from the era people still cared for this band. It's honestly no wonder people continue to lose interest and yet they continue down the same path over and over again. Is this 2020 vision?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

BJFan99 11-19-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1270240)
Aloha !

It all feels really desperate to me. 2020 didn't sell and no one cares for it but a few Bon Jovi fans. He then starts up a fanclub to promote christmas songs recorded with a band no one gives a shit about just so he's able to have an audience for them while at the same time being fully aware that the one thing people really want (unreleased stuff with the real band) is not being offered here. Instead, he offers a live recording of 2020 with bonus songs which'll be more hits everyone's grown tired of hearing and teases early stuff just so people might sign up only to let them down as there's just no way they'll be releasing live records from the era people still cared for this band. It's honestly no wonder people continue to lose interest and yet they continue down the same path over and over again. Is this 2020 vision?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Spot on. All of this simply feels like a huge f*cking rip-off once again.

steel_horse75 11-19-2020 08:37 AM

Agree with Seb and BJFan99.

Before people say well you would mr negative, I really feel JBJ could’ve made a statement with these boxes by announcing Mona Lisa or Cadillac Man in box1 - that would’ve been an amazing start but at the moment the first box feels thrown together.
Be honest do you want 3 Xmas songs and they aren’t even Bon Jovi songs the are recorded with another band.
Photos? Not interested. I’ve seen more Jovi photos in my 30 years as a fan than I can remember. There wouldn’t be a photo I’d go wow at.
Live recordings - again, not interested. The only live recording I would want is MK Bowl 93 or Hammersmith 90 but I doubt these will be in the boxes.

I want to be gutted at refusing to pay the money for these boxes but so far I’m glad I didn’t.

2020 has bombed beyond Jon’s comprehension and these just reeks of desperation to keep the remaining fans he has. He knows there’s a few fans (check twitter for the real freaky fans) who will literally buy anything no matter how expensive.

Jon has paid the price for following trends. Ac/Dc....never chased trends and never changed the recipe but they are heading for a worldwide No1 album this week. No matter the music fashion Ac/Dc have always released rock n roll albums. Glam, grunge, industrial, nu metal, punk - you name it they have seen them all off and stuck to what they know and have remained massive with a huge fanbase. They will sell more in Uk than Jovi’s 2020 has worldwide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk