Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Thunderstrucker 04-06-2015 12:36 AM

I saw them on their previous tour and I am glad you enjoyed yourself. The previous tour I was bored, really bored. Too many soft songs, too long pauses between songs, too many too long introductions to songs that eventually nobody cared about and a drum-solo that could have been played by a 2-year-old. For me it was one of the worst shows I've been to in years!
Therefore I am happy that with this new tour they implemented the 'fun'-factor again as I could not see any of it the concert I've been to.

- TS

Walleris 04-06-2015 02:07 AM

Just came back from FINALLY seeing Robbie Williams, one of my favorites for about 12 years. Wouldn't call myself a die-hard these days, but it was long overdue so I was happy that it finally happened.

It was his first show in Lithuania, so the crowd was absolutely electric, one of the loudest I've been a part of. The earth was shaking during Let Me Entertain You!

Overall I was satisfied. Anyone who's ever been into Robbie obviously knows he's one of a kind showman and has that rock star charisma that is so lacking in music these days. So it was awesome to finally witness that in person and not on DVD/YouTube.

What was the most pleasing (and surprising!) was to see him in top form! Physically and vocally. Obviously, he was a fat **** during his big 2013 tour, but he looks good again in 2015. But what I actually care about is that ever since he rejoined Take That his voice got a lot deeper (smoking, lifestyle choices, etc.) and he was losing his tone and in a lot of songs he resorted to shouting. But on this tour he is sounding really good! Not 90s-good, but mid 00s-good before the big vocal decline I mentioned.

Some setlist choices I found odd, which I won't go into detail, but that's always unfair, cause I like so many songs of his, so he could've never pleased me completely. What I really enjoyed is that he's still playing Better Man (probably his most underrated song and one of my favorites), but he's doing a duet with his dad. It's not a musical masterpiece and I didn't feel much when I watched it on YouTube, but being live it was really a touching moment and I'm glad they are playing this version.

So yeah, not the best show ever or anything, but a damn good one and definitely one of my bucketlist!

golittleperson 04-06-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1186591)
I saw them on their previous tour and I am glad you enjoyed yourself. The previous tour I was bored, really bored. Too many soft songs, too long pauses between songs, too many too long introductions to songs that eventually nobody cared about and a drum-solo that could have been played by a 2-year-old. For me it was one of the worst shows I've been to in years!
Therefore I am happy that with this new tour they implemented the 'fun'-factor again as I could not see any of it the concert I've been to.

- TS

Either they deserve awards for acting or having Christine back helped the chemistry. I'm a massive Nicks fan but Buckingham for me stole the show. No lags, and your right - Mick is not the finest drummer (pulled the set to the front for one song) but it's perspective... a bit of history I guess. The intros I enjoyed, knew most of the stories but I didn't know that the Velvet Underground in the 60's was a high end hippy clothing store. Thought it was a club. The painted floors... of course we didn't have the internet to share everything "way back when." Stevie's voice was on mark for most of the night (song #2 she & Christine were off) and only Ann Wilson to me is her equal - so I was a very happy lady. John did seem like a shadow, literally stayed in the dark most of the show and never spoke. It had been so many years ago that I last saw them - don't know if he ever does? If someone is looking for lots of high energy, not the show to go, but just talent - it was on that stage.

liljovi93 04-07-2015 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1186592)
Just came back from FINALLY seeing Robbie Williams, one of my favorites for about 12 years. Wouldn't call myself a die-hard these days, but it was long overdue so I was happy that it finally happened.

It was his first show in Lithuania, so the crowd was absolutely electric, one of the loudest I've been a part of. The earth was shaking during Let Me Entertain You!

Overall I was satisfied. Anyone who's ever been into Robbie obviously knows he's one of a kind showman and has that rock star charisma that is so lacking in music these days. So it was awesome to finally witness that in person and not on DVD/YouTube.

What was the most pleasing (and surprising!) was to see him in top form! Physically and vocally. Obviously, he was a fat **** during his big 2013 tour, but he looks good again in 2015. But what I actually care about is that ever since he rejoined Take That his voice got a lot deeper (smoking, lifestyle choices, etc.) and he was losing his tone and in a lot of songs he resorted to shouting. But on this tour he is sounding really good! Not 90s-good, but mid 00s-good before the big vocal decline I mentioned.

Some setlist choices I found odd, which I won't go into detail, but that's always unfair, cause I like so many songs of his, so he could've never pleased me completely. What I really enjoyed is that he's still playing Better Man (probably his most underrated song and one of my favorites), but he's doing a duet with his dad. It's not a musical masterpiece and I didn't feel much when I watched it on YouTube, but being live it was really a touching moment and I'm glad they are playing this version.

So yeah, not the best show ever or anything, but a damn good one and definitely one of my bucketlist!

Robbie is well worth a watch. Always liked him but only been to see him live once, unfortunately. Prices are quite high to go and see him!

I seen him in 2013 and absolutely loved the show. He puts on one hell of a show and always gives 100%. Energy levels are superb and he gets the crowd going in whatever song he sings.

His voice is certainly getting better than what it was. His shouting hurt my ears but he seems to be singing slightly more which is a good sign.

I'll be seeing him again hopefully.

Walleris 05-07-2015 12:45 AM

The Who, July 2nd at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam.

Never was a huge fan, only like a few songs, but I figure it's definitely in a list of legendary artists one should see live before it's too late :)

steel_horse75 05-08-2015 05:09 PM

The Wildhearts PHUQ album 20th anniversary tour.

steel_horse75 05-08-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1186372)
I'm getting excited now...flying out to Las Vegas/LA to see Sixx: AM in a week and a half and then the following month I am seeing Motley back in Australia. Shit's gonna be awesome.

Loved the first two albums. Third one really disappointed me but would love to see them live

life_of_agony 05-15-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1187531)
Loved the first two albums. Third one really disappointed me but would love to see them live

The new album wasn't as instant as their first two, but I absolutely love it now. Not as heavy as their previous two, but still amazing. If you get a chance to see them live, do it. I can't even begin to describe how good they were. The whole show rocked, from Vamps (amazing Japanese Rock band, brilliant live), to the mighty Apocalyptica and then Sixx:AM were huge. Well worth the long trip from Australia to check them out.

Oh, and I am seeing Motley in less than a week.

steel_horse75 05-15-2015 03:53 PM

The Darkness 3rd June and Foo Fighters 25 June.

DevilsSon 05-15-2015 06:03 PM

AC ****in' DC!!!!!!!