Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   avril covered knockin on heavens door!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=16929)

axlash 09-24-2003 01:50 PM

avril covered knockin on heavens door!!

worst part is the song sucked....her new album"s name is hope..if u have listen GNR"S knockin on.....then no chance u"re gonna love singing her the same song..

Neurotica80 09-24-2003 01:53 PM

Re: avril covered knockin on heavens door!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by axlash
worst part is the song sucked....her new album"s name is hope..if u have listen GNR"S knockin on.....then no chance u"re gonna love singing her the same song..

It did. She managed to drain all the emotion and feeling out of the song with her dreary voice. (sorry not a big Avril fan)

RichieW2001 09-24-2003 04:33 PM

it was poor and seemed like it had all been done before. but the video had starving kids in so hurray for her :roll:

axlash 09-24-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
it was poor and seemed like it had all been done before. but the video had starving kids in so hurray for her :roll:

marketing policy..just to sell more....

spunkywho 09-24-2003 05:12 PM

Oh, Dear Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone stop her. :evil:

RichieW2001 09-24-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axlash
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001

marketing policy..just to sell more....

maybe the eye-rolling didn't compliment the sarcasm well enough.

Jim Bon Jovi 09-24-2003 05:16 PM

heard it a few times and it sounds as if she wanted to go to her bed when she did the take of it. i mean bobn dylan couldn't hit a note if u pointed a gun at his head but he still pulled it off sounding good and she just sounded like she couldn't be bopthered.

**** when we used to cover it and i sang i put more emotion into it and i'm no pavarotti.

re the african people: a girl i know has a big hard on for mariah carey and apparently she said in an interview once that seeing starving africans made her sad because and i quote "she wanted to be as skinny as them but not have the flies"

i think someones been smoking the crack.

Sara 09-24-2003 05:48 PM

yuck... didn't hear it, but I can kinda imagine what it sounds like...

I don't think I will ever like anyone's version better than what the Guns did anyway - I don't even have to her Avril sing it.

The idea :shock: !

Miracle 09-25-2003 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
heard it a few times and it sounds as if she wanted to go to her bed when she did the take of it. i mean bobn dylan couldn't hit a note if u pointed a gun at his head but he still pulled it off sounding good and she just sounded like she couldn't be bopthered.

**** when we used to cover it and i sang i put more emotion into it and i'm no pavarotti.

re the african people: a girl i know has a big hard on for mariah carey and apparently she said in an interview once that seeing starving africans made her sad because and i quote "she wanted to be as skinny as them but not have the flies"

i think someones been smoking the crack.

I think her apathetic behaviour is part of her "punk" image :roll:

Stephanie

Cowgirl77 09-25-2003 11:50 AM

Heard her version on VIVA Plus (German music channel) and I agree, it sucked! The Guns n' Roses version is the best ever!