Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tokyo Road (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45172)

KeepTheFaith2211 05-27-2008 12:35 AM

Tokyo Road

Hi, I made a similar thread like this with Shot Through The Heart. Anyway, Tokyo Road is a great song from 7800 Farenheit and it never gets played live. It should. I also think it lives in the shadow of In & Out Of Love as the best song on the album which I find rediculous but it's people's opinions. Anyone else love this song?

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 05-27-2008 01:10 AM

Yup no 1 on 7800 no contest great song to just shout along too. Apart from that wierd little japenese piece in the intro havent got round to getting any live versions of this yet. Must remember too

Dave 1986 05-27-2008 01:13 AM

When I first heard the Fahrenheit album back in 2001, this was THE standout track for me. Perhaps cause it's probably the most "accessable" song on there to the causual Bon Jovi/hard rock fan, aside from In And Out of Love. I found Fahrenheit to be the hardest album to get into back then, so this and I&OOL where the only ones I played at the time.

Perhaps the only song on there that could fit nicely on a later album like Slippery or New Jersey. It's just got that fun yet classy feel to it. Not so rough-sounding like the rest of the album. They could quite easily get away with playing this live now, IMO.

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 05-27-2008 01:17 AM

live version from NJ tour:)

Crushgen24/88 05-27-2008 04:13 AM

Tokyo Road is FAR AND AWAY the best song on 7800', but if you know my opinions on that album, that's not me saying much.
That being said, I'd love for them to bring it out of the live mothballs.

The Northern Cowboy 05-27-2008 04:30 AM

Great song. The live recordings sound better in my opinion.

Who sang the Japanese part at the begining? I don't recall any credits for it.

milomom 05-27-2008 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 830049)

GAG. I hate that part! While I'm driving fast with the windows down and the music cranked, I have to skip Tokyo Road because I just can't stomach that music box beginning. JMO, of course. ;)

The Northern Cowboy 05-27-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 830050)
GAG. I hate that part! While I'm driving fast with the windows down and the music cranked, I have to skip Tokyo Road because I just can't stomach that music box beginning. JMO, of course. ;)

Not my cup of tea as well. That's part of the reason why I like the live versions better. It's either shortened, or it's not there at all. :D Never understood why they made it so long on the album.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-27-2008 05:49 AM

Anyone know what the Japanese part says? For the first bit I'm hearing either sakuya (last night) or sakura (cherry blossom) but it might be something else? And then later there's "miwatasukagiri" which I think means "if you look around" but I don't know. Can't work out the bit in the middle, something sky maybe? Argh.:p

Grypweed 05-27-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 830049)

It was supposed to be off a keychain or ornament thingy, or SOMETHING, that was given to Richie, wasn't it?