Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   If I cant have your love - Richie (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=28465)

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 11-28-2004 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
I like the song but I had prefered a guitar song and not piano on the box set.

The 91 demo of it is a "normal" guitar song.

Javier 11-28-2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*
Quote:

I used to have an mp3 of the '91 demo in my old computer. It was really bad quality and the drums really ovepowered the other instruments in it, but the song itself sounded awesome, and the guitar parts in it were great as well, I don't remember if it had a solo but I definetly remember the begining part of it.

Sambo-Chris 11-28-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*
Quote:

I know :).

bjglory 11-28-2004 12:18 PM

I love this song too but what I think that makes it so great is that you can hear the emotion/passion in the way he sings it. The way he goes from the high chorus to a low verse and his voice is kind of 'breaking', I dont think they would ever let his voice be like this on an album. But I do think that is what makes the song amazing because the lyrics are just majorly cheesy :D :D :D .

Cynthia

Keeper 11-28-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

I don't know how it would sound with a guitar, but the piano fits perfectly IMO. Though I admit I was a little bit surprised by the lack of guitar in the song.

Veloz 11-29-2004 06:00 PM

i *LOVE* this song...i think Richie´s voice is just so full of soul...i was surprised this song didnt make one of his solo cd´s for sure, but i´m very glad they released it now :)

Aidan 11-30-2004 02:41 PM

I just love this song! I think that it's the piano that makes it so beautiful. Frankly speaking, I've never heard the normal version but I guess that it looses something as a guitar song. Just my honest opinion :)
Definitely one of the best Richie's solo songs :P

Rune 11-30-2004 06:27 PM

I really don't like it.... :?

Keeper 11-30-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune
I really don't like it.... :?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

cherryrockcandy 12-02-2004 07:35 AM

It's a beautiful song.... I just wish he had performed it at Borgata, instead of IBTFY