Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Picture Exchange (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Post an Old picture of yourself (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30883)

Kathleen 05-06-2006 07:20 PM

I would say the one on the left also :) - and I have never seen another picture of you. The only reason I say that is because that picture fits my mental image of you. As you know - a mental image formed by reading a message board is not necessarily an accurate one so I'm really guessing.

Kathleen

spunkywho 05-06-2006 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Because you look VERY similar to another pic I have seen of you.

?? you have seen a pic of me?? elaborate please *holds breath*

spunkywho 05-06-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
The only reason I say that is because that picture fits my mental image of you. As you know - a mental image formed by reading a message board is not necessarily an accurate one so I'm really guessing.

Kathleen

I know - my mental pictures of people are never accurate :S

However, I think I very much talk/write like I look (if that makes any sense lol) - in other words, I am not a fru-fru girl :D

Kev 05-06-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
?? you have seen a pic of me?? elaborate please *holds breath*

Like the one on your myspace for example ;)

Kathleen 05-06-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

- in other words, I am not a fru-fru girl :D

That makes two os us LOL. And yes - I would guess that from the way you talk. I couldn't imagine you in pink fluffy dresses. :D A sleek black one perhaps? I'd like to hope that some of who we "really" are comes through in our written words.

Kathleen

Alex 05-06-2006 09:59 PM

:O Maria!

Quote:

I'd like to hope that some of who we "really" are comes through in our written words.

Kathleen

Yeah. Though some of us are able to hide it very well :)

spunkywho 05-06-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

I couldn't imagine you in pink fluffy dresses. :D A sleek black one perhaps?

hehe, and certainly not in the fluffy pants like they were in style in the 80s - despite their popularity, you would not have gotten caught dead in them ;)

Black, sleek, tight, floorlength, strapless is the last evening dress I bought and wore :D You know me too well lol.

Kathleen 05-06-2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
:O Maria!

Yeah. Though some of us are able to hide it very well :)

When I first started posting here (and I lurked for a long time before I ever posted) I tried to be very noncommittal and bland. After being around for awhile and getting involved in a nasty battle in the old file sharing forum I gave it up. I am who I am. I am still not as quick to get into a fight of words online as I would be in person though LOL.

And Maria - just listening to you and knowing what you do for a living is a pretty good clue. I go even further though - I don't wear dresses. When I have to go to fancy black tie dinners (and there are many in my profession) I have my very own tuxedo to wear - just like the male engineers wear. I have been privvy to too many male put downs of what other women wear to these functions to even want to go there.

Kathleen

spunkywho 05-06-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

I go even further though - I don't wear dresses. When I have to go to fancy black tie dinners (and there are many in my profession) I have my very own tuxedo to wear - just like the male engineers wear.

*gasp* you've got guts woman!!! :D

Can you imagine that my last company had an annual pool party? Seriously - let's meet at the country club pool and all put on swimsuits and go swimming - lot's of beer will be provided as well. I mean - what the hell???? These are men I have been out drinking with and know how they perceive women and have witnessed too many of their commentary...

I think I was one of the very few that were there for the drinks only ;) though my boss told me that I gave the impression that I wasn't all that interested in bonding with my group. No shit :S

Alex 05-07-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Can you imagine that my last company had an annual pool party? Seriously - let's meet at the country club pool and all put on swimsuits and go swimming - lot's of beer will be provided as well. I mean - what the hell???? These are men I have been out drinking with and know how they perceive women and have witnessed too many of their commentary...

Say whaaaaat? An annual pool party? ****ing hell.
(I'm beginning to understand more and more about your point in sensitivity trainings.)