Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

gareththyer1990 04-20-2020 09:40 PM

I don’t know how reliable Rolling Stone is but they’ve recently put up an article about the tour being cancelled etc but they said the album is still expected to land on time, as in May 15th?

So perhaps they doing all this to get the publicity to maybe people will get behind the album?

bonboy25 04-20-2020 09:46 PM

Bon jovi announced on their fb page the tour is cancelled too

Thinny 04-20-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gareththyer1990 (Post 1263462)
I don’t know how reliable Rolling Stone is but they’ve recently put up an article about the tour being cancelled etc but they said the album is still expected to land on time, as in May 15th?

So perhaps they doing all this to get the publicity to maybe people will get behind the album?

Unlikley, I think that they have not officially announced the delay of the album yet, so RollingStone don't know about it.

Jonty 04-20-2020 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=rolo_tomachi;1263433]

The other bonus live is that when 1000s are singing along you can lose the sound of Jon's bad voice.

Now they have cancelled the tour (kudos for that as other are postponing and therefore fans can't claim the money back), maybe they will just release the album on the date......what would the reason be to delay it unless to see a few more sales if a few shops are open?

Captain_jovi 04-20-2020 11:07 PM

[quote=Jonty;1263468]
Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1263433)

The other bonus live is that when 1000s are singing along you can lose the sound of Jon's bad voice.

Now they have cancelled the tour (kudos for that as other are postponing and therefore fans can't claim the money back), maybe they will just release the album on the date......what would the reason be to delay it unless to see a few more sales if a few shops are open?

It's very hard to promote an album right now with so many media outlets on bare bones staff, it's not just about the shops. Any non essential items on Amazon are delayed delivery, it's very difficult to release and promote something on a massive scale until this all clears up. Hell, there's talk of US Postal shutting down for a bit.

steel_horse75 04-20-2020 11:38 PM

I dont see it coming out until they have new tour dates.
They wont want to release an album in May and not tour it within a few months.
What's chances of it being renamed 2021 and released early next year??
I'd be amazed if it came out in the next 3-4 months.
They physical copies are not even made yet (I would think).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 04-21-2020 01:00 AM

[quote=Captain_jovi;1263469]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1263468)

It's very hard to promote an album right now with so many media outlets on bare bones staff, it's not just about the shops. Any non essential items on Amazon are delayed delivery, it's very difficult to release and promote something on a massive scale until this all clears up. Hell, there's talk of US Postal shutting down for a bit.

I recently bought a mouse for the computer. It was delayed a couple of days only. Next month things could be better.

Captain_jovi 04-21-2020 01:03 AM

[quote=rolo_tomachi;1263473]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263469)

I recently bought a mouse for the computer. It was delayed a couple of days only. Next month things could be better.

That's not close to being the same though. For so many reasons you're convinced and nothing will convince you otherwise.

rolo_tomachi 04-21-2020 01:10 AM

[quote=Captain_jovi;1263475]
Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1263473)

That's not close to being the same though. For so many reasons you're convinced and nothing will convince you otherwise.

As long as it continues on iTunes, Amazon and the band's official website that it will be out on May 15, I can believe it. We will only be sure of the delay if they do the update as they have done today with the cancellation of the tour.

Faceman 04-21-2020 07:45 AM

There was a time when we also had an album title and even a listening party.
But it turned out that a completely different album with a different title and with just some of those tracks (I think it were 3) got released.
Back then it wasn't even a matter of a pandemia or anything else that might be considered as being an act of nature beyond control. The albums were called Sex Sells and Crush.

So I can imagine that they cancel the album for this year, too, working on new songs and release it when we found back to some kind of normalcy under a new title.