Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 04-21-2020 08:49 AM

I think they need to delay it.
Album could tank. We’ve not heard from any other member of the band about this album.
If released in May with no physical copies it would just fade after a week.
Delaying would be best so they can promote it better.
If it wasn’t for the Invictus games (that didn’t happen) hardly anyone would know there’s anew album out.
Heard limitless a few times on Planet Rock and Radio 2 last few weeks but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonty 04-21-2020 11:24 AM

[quote=Captain_jovi;1263469]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1263468)

It's very hard to promote an album right now with so many media outlets on bare bones staff, it's not just about the shops. Any non essential items on Amazon are delayed delivery, it's very difficult to release and promote something on a massive scale until this all clears up. Hell, there's talk of US Postal shutting down for a bit.

Did Burning Bridges not come out literally with no one knowing, no promotion or anything? If Jon is to be believed and the songs are so relevant for the last few months, then perhaps it will be just put out there as the relevance may be gone by this time next year.

Alphavictim 04-21-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1263482)
Did Burning Bridges not come out literally with no one knowing, no promotion or anything?

Yes, and by BJ's standards, it tanked. It also was a contractual obligation, with the bare minimum of songs needed to qualify, and one of these was a "**** you" to the record company; with lots of others being old demos.

It has some of the most inspired moments of the past three records, but there's LOTS of filler on there, too.

Supersonic 04-21-2020 12:16 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1263483)
It has some of the most inspired moments of the past three records, but there's LOTS of filler on there, too.

Do you feel This House Is Not For Sale didn't have fillers? I'd say that record consists of nothing but fillers, really. Apart from the title track there's not much on there worth writing home about, really.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

steel_horse75 04-21-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1263484)
Aloha !

Do you feel This House Is Not For Sale didn't have fillers? I'd say that record consists of nothing but fillers, really. Apart from the title track there's not much on there worth writing home about, really.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Devil in the Temple had the most potential.
But again with modern day Jovi the lack of guitar solo and play out makes it half the track it could've been.

Alphavictim 04-21-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1263484)
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I really like Roller Coaster.

That being said, while a lot of the album is super middle of the road stuff, the "climbed every mountain" track from BB is the most by the numbers BJ song ever. Also, Blind Love/Real Love (forgot which is which) was a case of putting an unfinished song on a record. The THINFS version was just a bonus track, at least. I mean, they fact they used b-tier material from the archives is enough to tell you they just wanted to get it up to ten tracks.

Of course, that "who cares" mindset also gave us Teardrop... and Who Would You Die For, which probably would (did?) not have made the cut for a regular, "proper" album. It does not feel like an album, though; just a collection of songs. I'd need to listen to THINFS again sometime, but the version I have is like 19 tracks; that's a little too much for me usually.

Captain_jovi 04-21-2020 05:46 PM

[quote=Jonty;1263482]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263469)

Did Burning Bridges not come out literally with no one knowing, no promotion or anything? If Jon is to be believed and the songs are so relevant for the last few months, then perhaps it will be just put out there as the relevance may be gone by this time next year.

It doesn't work like that and hasn't in decades. Dropping a record into nothingness when there's so much content out there is suicide. You have to remember Bon Jovi are a VERY un-cool band with little public success on the studio side since maybe 2007. As Alpha said, BB is a COMPLETELY different scenario and was never released to be a major official album for a myriad of reasons.

Captain_jovi 04-21-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1263477)
There was a time when we also had an album title and even a listening party.
But it turned out that a completely different album with a different title and with just some of those tracks (I think it were 3) got released.
Back then it wasn't even a matter of a pandemia or anything else that might be considered as being an act of nature beyond control. The albums were called Sex Sells and Crush.

So I can imagine that they cancel the album for this year, too, working on new songs and release it when we found back to some kind of normalcy under a new title.

I have a hunch we will get a full 12 song album when it finally comes out. I think adding a few songs and maybe taking off 1 is the most likely scenario.

JackieBlue 04-21-2020 10:29 PM

Here you go, Rolo...

Quote:

Last week, Jon Bon Jovi revealed that the album's release would also face an additional delay so the band could add one more new song to the record.

Bon Jovi's tour cancellation comes after news spread that some tickets are non-refundable for postponed events.

While you might not be able to see Bon Jovi on tour anytime soon, Jon will be participating in tomorrow night's Jersey 4 Jersey benefit for the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-...line1_readmore

Sorry, buddy!

Johny 04-21-2020 10:32 PM

I don't see a reason why it couldn't be released in the fall when the situation calms down a bit and when they can support the release with some promo gigs in theaters around the world as they did with WAN and THINFS. Plus probably TV shows will be on so even without the tour, it will be possible to promote the album. Something that is totally impossible now and will be in May and I'm afraid of June as well. And nobody cares for records during the summer holidays.
And if it seems possible then, they can announce the tour for spring 2021 before Christmas. I say if it is possible, meaning that shows are allowed and there are actually arenas to play in.