Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Buffalo Bills fans protesting vs JBJ (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68544)

danfan 07-29-2014 05:45 PM

This story won't go away and is really starting to damage his image.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/banned-...mments-postbox

JoviJovi 07-29-2014 06:51 PM

I am not very into football, but my friends that closely follow every little thing that happens in the NFL have said that the group has signed agreements to not move the team. I think Buffalos fears are unfounded.

Captain.Crash 08-03-2014 03:58 PM

There is zero chance that team stays in buffalo if JBJ and his Toronto group buy them. They will wait out the current lease, pressure government for a new stadium and not get it. Then move the team to Toronto and claim it's within their legal territory because Toronto is so close.
Trust me, Rogers (the company in Toronto partnered with JBJ) has been trying to get an NFL team for years.

rocknation 08-04-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash (Post 1180867)
...(The) Toronto group...will wait out the current lease, pressure government for a new stadium...not get it...(t)hen move the team to Toronto...Rogers (the company in Toronto partnered with JBJ) has been trying to get an NFL team for years.

Though they're a thousand times richer, Rogers and Tennenbaum give Jon just enough equity points to make him principal owner (but certainly not more than thirty-four per cent!). Then in 2020, when the lease is up and the city can't meet their price, they muscle Jon out, let him take all the local flak, and cry all the way to Toronto on a slow boat across Lake -- uh -- (avoids scoring ignoramus points by consulting Google Maps) -- Lake Ontario!

It's obvious why Tanenbaum needs Rogers: he doesn't have the additional operating capital that would be needed. It's obvious why Rogers needs Tanenbaum: he doesn't have Tanenbaum's experience in running a major league sports franchise. And it's obvious why Jon needs Rogers and Tanenbaum: As a "mere" millionaire, he won't have ANY operating capital to contribute once he puts up his share of the franchise fee, which would require converting at least eighty per cent of his net worth into to cash AND paying off ALL his debts. So why do Tanenbaum and Rogers need Jon? To be the American crowbar with which to pry the Bills out of Buffalo, since he wouldn't have the money or the power to stop them.

Running the team into the ground by the time the lease runs out would be as simple as refusing to provide additional capital on the grounds that they would be throwing good money after bad. Garnish with Jon's "inexperience" as an NFL team owner, and they would have no recourse but to "replace" him (with a Canadian?) and restore the franchise's financial viability by moving the team to Toronto!

Captain.Crash 08-05-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1180931)
Though they're a thousand times richer, Rogers and Tennenbaum give Jon just enough equity points to make him principal owner (but certainly not more than thirty-four per cent!). Then in 2020, when the lease is up and the city can't meet their price, they muscle Jon out, let him take all the local flak, and cry all the way to Toronto on a slow boat across Lake -- uh -- (avoids scoring ignoramus points by consulting Google Maps) -- Lake Ontario!

They won't muscle JBJ out, he wants the team in TO too.

rocknation 08-05-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash (Post 1180938)
They won't muscle JBJ out, he wants the team in TO too.

Unless Jon is putting up more than fifty percent of the money (at least eighty per cent of which has to be his own cash), he is NOT "leading" the investor group and will not be the "controlling owner" of the franchise, rendering ANYTHING that he alone has to say about it a moot issue.

Captain.Crash 08-06-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1180943)
Unless Jon is putting up more than fifty percent of the money (at least eighty per cent of which has to be his own cash), he is NOT "leading" the investor group and will not be the "controlling owner" the franchise, rendering ANYTHING that he alone has to say about it a moot issue.

Not sure what you are trying to say, but two thirds of the group is Canadian money and JBJ is the third but clearly the front man to cover for corporate ownership that isn't allowed. I believe JBJ is on board with the plan to move to TO when they don't get the new stadium. The Rogers tannenbam group won't have to muscle JBJ out, he will be in agreement to move the team.

rocknation 08-06-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash (Post 1180957)
...I believe JBJ is on board with the plan to move to TO when they don't get the new stadium. The Rogers tannenbam group won't have to muscle JBJ out, he will be in agreement to move the team.

I'm glad you're being realistic about the Toronto move being inevitable.

Unfortunately, Jon (but not his partners) is now on public record as believing the opposite -- sort of:
Quote:

Why we're bidding on the Buffalo Bills

...We think it’s important to clarify our intentions to the fans of the team and people of Buffalo...Our objective is simple: to carry on the legacy of Ralph Wilson and make the Bills successful in Buffalo.

We are committed to working with the State, City, County and business community to identify the best possible site in the Buffalo area for a new stadium and to then develop and implement a plan to finance and build a state-of-the-art NFL stadium for the loyal Bills fans...

My family and I are prepared to make this life-changing commitment to be part of the Bills. This is not a hobby or an acquisition. Building a winner on and off the field will be job one and I intend to spend as much time on the ground in Buffalo as needed to accomplish that goal.

I know how much the Bills mean to the people of this region. So I want you to hear this from me: I’m not risking it all to let you down. If we are given the chance to be the next owners of the Buffalo Bills, I promise you that we will bring the same passion that you do every Sunday, every day.
Quote:

Statement from the Buffalo Fans Alliance: ...We...would like to believe that his group is committed to seeing the team remain in Buffalo for generations to come.

Given the makeup of his group and some of the recent information that has come to light regarding their site selection process for a new stadium, however, we remain highly skeptical of the Bon Jovi group’s intentions. While we appreciate his sentiment, it’s worth noting that nowhere in his letter does he write or directly state or legally commit his group to ‘not moving the Bills from Buffalo.’

...Given the Bon Jovi group’s roots and business commitments in Toronto, the Buffalo Fan Alliance believes that this group will have to tangibly and unequivocally demonstrate to Bills fans everywhere the group’s commitment to Western New York before this community and this fan base will believe their intentions. Anything short of formal action taken on their part will be viewed as nothing more than rhetoric...
Well, it looks like it's all a moot issue, anyway: It's just been reported that their initial bid has been rejected, and that the Buffalo-based Pegula group (who have just sold some land for $1.75B) in is the lead. So it's probably over, and I couldn't be happier. And speaking of inevitability, I think the time will come when Jon realizes that he has dodged both financial AND public relations bullets!

rocknation 08-17-2014 08:06 AM

Okay now, let's not get carried away...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu7pNIwIYAA0dOL.jpg

Burlhouse 10-27-2017 11:24 AM

Interesting that this came out now.....
https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trum...-buffalo-bills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk