Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Buffalo Bills fans protesting vs JBJ (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68544)

Raz0r 11-05-2017 04:51 PM

Buffalo Bills fans protesting vs JBJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1230285)
I would say, instead of discussing Trump as a person, to discuss policies.

What has changed since he took office? Debate about the new laws and about the actions and functions of the federal government, not about a person and if he is stupid, mean or racist

He might not be a racist but he might employ racist policies. Or he might be a racist without enacting racist politics. He might talk anti-establishment and do nothing to change the establishment, or he might talk pro-establishment but in the end somehow meddle with the overall balance of power.

So talk about what's actually happening and not on a personal level. If u wanna get somewhere.

Kind of goes against the conservative philosophy of picking your leaders based on their principals and character, as it will give you a better idea of what their decisions will be like in office.. but ok... I'll bite...

Racist things that Trump has actually done as President:

-Trump administration quietly rolls back civil rights efforts across federal government

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ral-government

-Trump has emboldened racist hate groups by taking a soft stance against them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ington-n793171

-not surprisingly, hate crimes are on the rise

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-rise.amp.html

Btw - you could have found this with a simple Google search... which you really should have done before
1. forming an opinion
2. posting your opinion

More and more I'm seeing, in this age of social media, people are forming opinions based solely on memes, articles, and videos that go viral. What's worse, due to our shortened attentions spans, we are more and more susceptible to confirmation bias. We watch videos, memes, read articles that support our opinions, and ignore what doesn't.

Rule of thumb for forming an educated, objective opinion - read everything before coming to a conclusion. Read FOX News AND CNN AND the Drudge Report AND the New York Times. Don't dismiss something as fake news just because someone told you it's fake news or because it contradicts an opinion you already have. But also, don't take anything you read at face value - practice critical thinking, do your homework and check sources. Then apply your personal values and beliefs to all that information, without ignoring inconvenient truths, to get to your opinion.

Too often people form opinions without doing the homework, and these ignorant opinions spread like viruses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevrox 11-06-2017 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230282)
This is where we just sit back and watch everyone cry.

Good thing you got Eminem's original rant on your side... Watch this if you want the truth...
https://www.facebook.com/10539211021...7972891287371/

Can't watch that whole video because that guy is annoying and stupid as hell, but basically your point is that because some rappers talked about how Trump had money they were in love with him and then changed their mind when he ran for president? Wow, you're a goddamn genius, man.

I didn't think too much about Donald Trump a few years ago either. You know, before he wanted to, uh, run my country and all... kinda funny how people actually scrutinize someone when they apply for that job, huh? Dumbass. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230292)
Yeah, I know... someone who sincerely wants to keep our country safe, rebuild our military, fix health insurance, and reduce taxes is a bad thing...

Too bad the only one you're going to get out of these is reduced taxes. And even then... are you a multimillionaire?

Quote:

In 2017, JBJ would make a great political leader but it'll never happen because he would get destroyed...

You do know JBJ's politics, right? Sign me up! I'd take almost anyone over Trump.

CLEYoungGun21 11-06-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I know... someone who sincerely wants to keep our country safe, rebuild our military, fix health insurance, and reduce taxes is a bad thing... We are too politically correct as a nation... we would rather let terrorists in, then offend anyone... Something is wrong with people who argue against that...

Bingo... Build that Wall

Raz0r 11-06-2017 03:39 PM

Buffalo Bills fans protesting vs JBJ

Sincere isn't a good word to describe Trump. More appropriate adjectives would be: cheater, con man, con artist, crook, deceiver, fleecer, flimflammer, fraud, hoser, hustler, scam artist, scammer, shark, sharpie, smoothie, swindler.

But you'll figure that out when you're left without health insurance and with a job that doesn't pay a living wage.

Donald Trump, not the president America needs, but the president that America deserves.

bjcrazycpa 11-06-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230286)
Just like the way Panda has the perfect resolution to Health Care... Listen Liberal Kid, if it was that easy it would have been resolved years ago when Obama was in office... Instead he gave us the worst health care plan ever, Obama Care... He's the one who who took that right away...

No, President Obama's mistake was bending to the Republicans that watered down what he really wanted. Right now, it's far from perfect but 20+ million folks have insurance because of this so called failed plan that before had ZILCH. And the Republicans can't even get enough votes to repeal this so called disaster and even have intelligent Republicans like John McCain and Susan Collins voting against the bills that did attempt to repeal it. The Republicans want back what there was before which was NOTHING. And I'm not talking about your employer insurance as that really hasn't changed I'm talking about the medical transcriptionist who is NOT an employee and needs health insurance. Insurance companies should not be able to determine premiums based on your age, pre-existing conditions, etc and IF you get rid of the ACA (Obamacare) then all of those things go away.

Raz0r 11-06-2017 10:38 PM

God bless this mess.

Rdkopper 11-06-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1230314)
No, President Obama's mistake was bending to the Republicans that watered down what he really wanted. Right now, it's far from perfect but 20+ million folks have insurance because of this so called failed plan that before had ZILCH. And the Republicans can't even get enough votes to repeal this so called disaster and even have intelligent Republicans like John McCain and Susan Collins voting against the bills that did attempt to repeal it. The Republicans want back what there was before which was NOTHING. And I'm not talking about your employer insurance as that really hasn't changed I'm talking about the medical transcriptionist who is NOT an employee and needs health insurance. Insurance companies should not be able to determine premiums based on your age, pre-existing conditions, etc and IF you get rid of the ACA (Obamacare) then all of those things go away.

Yeah, people have health insurance because they don't have choice... it's called communism... And the ones who are on that shitty plan are paying both ridiculous premiums and deductibles... it's the absolute worst... it was only effective the first year it rolled out...

If the Democrats stopped vetoing every plan Trump has, we might actually get someplace but instead they are carrying on like babies because they lost everything!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 11-06-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1230317)
Yeah, people have health insurance because they don't have choice... it's called communism... And the ones who are on that shitty plan are paying both ridiculous premiums and deductibles... it's the absolute worst... it was only effective the first year it rolled out...

If the Democrats stopped vetoing every plan Trump has, we might actually get someplace but instead they are carrying on like babies because they lost everything!!!

But that is not true on he premiums it depends on he participation in the state if there was low participation in a state then there is no incentive for insurance companies. My sister has a great plan for what she needs and pays less than $50 a month (lives in Rochester, NY) because she makes less than $20k a year. The Democrats are willing to work on a non partisan health care bill that keeps the good parts of the ACA and doesn’t defund the Medicaid subsidies. They are not willing to give back health care to the insurance companies. And even doctors came out against the repeal. Health care should not be for profit period. So, you would prefer folks that can’t afford insurance go to the ER which will get written off as indigent care and guess what happens to costs, they skyrocket. There is a solution to healthcare but all parties have to come to a compromise.

Rdkopper 11-06-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1230320)
But that is not true on he premiums it depends on he participation in the state if there was low participation in a state then there is no incentive for insurance companies. My sister has a great plan for what she needs and pays less than $50 a month (lives in Rochester, NY) because she makes less than $20k a year. The Democrats are willing to work on a non partisan health care bill that keeps the good parts of the ACA and doesn’t defund the Medicaid subsidies. They are not willing to give back health care to the insurance companies. And even doctors came out against the repeal. Health care should not be for profit period. So, you would prefer folks that can’t afford insurance go to the ER which will get written off as indigent care and guess what happens to costs, they skyrocket. There is a solution to healthcare but all parties have to come to a compromise.

There is no way she pays 50 a month... she's either doing it as a tax deduction and will just end up owing at the end of the year or she on MediCade (or Care)... if she makes under 20K a year, she probably not even on Obama Care... Ask her, I bet I'm right...

Rdkopper 11-06-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1230320)

There is no resolution, I agree... that why you have to leave it up to the States...