Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2022 Tour Dates - April (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70873)

steel_horse75 02-02-2022 08:44 AM

2022 Tour Dates - April

I think the 2020 album finished the band for a lot of fans.

I’m not surprised the tickets aren’t selling. We are just coming out of a 2 year pandemic and some of those ticket prices are disgusting.

I’ve heard some range from $1600-$2500 (I guess for front row) which is crazy and I’m not sure how Jon thinks these are going to sell.

I think over the years Jon’s just become a greedy git.
He sings (well, whines) about Do you what can and work for the working man etc then comes out with these prices after people have had wages slashed, cost of living has rocketed and jobs lost.

He’s so out of touch.

We can’t all walk about with Hamptons bottles up our assholes living the high life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BJFan99 02-02-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1277482)
Getting back to the tour here for a second ... these shows are not selling at the moment. The smaller the arena, the better it looks — but even those have lots of seats available (use the map in Ticketmaster to choose your seat and you'll see what I mean ... pick any date, really).

I know COVID is still a factor, but I have to believe people are getting wise to the fact that Bon Jovi circa 2022 isn't going to be a quality show. This makes at least 2-3 tours now where Jon can't sing.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Either drastically reducing/giving away tickets or canceling the tour altogether is my bet.

I'm getting skeptical too. I think the 2018-19 period was a shocker for many old fans who hadn't been following Bon Jovi live in years and for the first time noticed that Jon can't sing anymore. After the shitfest that was the THINFS tour, there's no way this tour could be a commercial success comparable to any of their previous ones, even without COVID.

liljovi93 02-02-2022 09:34 AM

It probably wouldn't make that much of a difference but I still think a single should have been released by now. Just something to support the announcement of the tour. It feels almost pointless right now for them to tour. Absolutely nothing to promote.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

angelsambo 02-02-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1277485)
...but I still think a single should have been released by now.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

didn't they record 1-2 new songs ?

rolo_tomachi 02-02-2022 01:08 PM

Is it strange that we don't even have a promo video announcement on social networks about the tour, or have it and I've missed it?

Anyway there are 2 months left, they have time to change things.

A new single to promote the tour would be nice, an EP with some new songs would be ideal for the fans.

But if they're not willing to do that, they should at least release the Beautiful Drug video to promote the April tour. They could even make a new mix with changes in sound and lyrics, like the OWN single. At least make an attempt to attract attention with something.

There are so many things to do... JBJ Experience could benefit from an advance to rehearsals. Imagine every week a look at the rehearsals, where we can see and hear a few seconds of In & Out of Love... or how they work on some parts of the new album / old songs they bring back with different arrangements.

But instead we'll get another David Bergman video.

semigoodlooking 02-02-2022 03:12 PM

Bon Jovi would fill these venues on the type of fan who says "Bon Jovi are in town, I know 5-10 of their songs, let's buy a ticket and have fun." For years those fans were propping him up as he became worse and worse. My personal opinion is Jon has not been amazing vocally since the turn of the century, even if we did get some good tours during the last 20 years (some periods are massively overrated on here).

I think the problem is those casual fans are now onto the fact Jon is past it. They know he sucks and know even those 5-10 singalongs are not worth paying for. People know the star attraction, the reason for going to the show, is a shadow of his former self.

It's over. Bon Jovi is finished as a touring band in my opinion. I am sure Jon will find some way to milk it, like a Vegas residency or something, but as a serious touring act its gone. As a serious recording band too considering even if Jon had his early 90s voice we would still be getting shite songs.

rolo_tomachi 02-02-2022 03:41 PM

I wonder how many people watched Encore Nights when it was in outdoor theaters and streaming. If it was a success... or it was counterproductive.

bonjovi90 02-02-2022 04:03 PM

Gotta agree with semigoodlooking on this (in terms of touring, at least). Jon's done as a touring act and the general audience is starting to realize that. As much as some with rose-tainted fan glasses don't want to admit, it is noticeably bad live by now, unless one is tone-deaf.
For years, they've been living off their reputation and had been drawing casusals to their shows and gotten decent selling numbers out of it. But the casuals that had seen the last few years most likely won't be coming back. Cause - even if they didn't think it was so bad - the shows won't "wow" you anymore that you think "I'll spend a couple of hundred bucks again to see the same show".
Added to this is their lack of presence in the media, for whatever reason. I've had many encounters in the past five years where people were even stunned to hear that Bon Jovi still exists, let alone them knowing they are out on tour again. There's no excitement to be seen from the band members via social media, not bigger announcements, nothing. How can one expect casuals to get excited for a show when even the act doesn't seem to be?!

Captain_jovi 02-02-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1277483)

I’m not surprised the tickets aren’t selling. We are just coming out of a 2 year pandemic and some of those ticket prices are disgusting.

I’ve heard some range from $1600-$2500 (I guess for front row) which is crazy and I’m not sure how Jon thinks these are going to sell.

I think over the years Jon’s just become a greedy git.
He sings (well, whines) about Do you what can and work for the working man etc then comes out with these prices after people have had wages slashed, cost of living has rocketed and jobs lost.

He’s so out of touch.

We can’t all walk about with Hamptons bottles up our assholes living the high life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're going after the wrong guy here. Tickets in that range are the Platinum or Verified re-sale tickets through Ticketmaster. Face value the prices they're charging is pretty reasonable given everything but if you're going to paint someone a villain here, Ticketmaster gouging is it.

blazeofglory 02-02-2022 04:43 PM

The lack of (social) media presence is really strange to me too. It's such a simple way to get the word out and get people hyped up, and it really doesn't require much effort to film a few short clips of the band talking about the upcoming tour and what they're most excited about or something like that. There are so many things they could do - release a promo single (which I'm sure they have at least one song that's more or less ready to go), give fans little song puzzles to figure out bits and pieces of the setlists, have the band members do little Q&As on social media, etc.

Jon can play wine pong and do TikTok dances and challenges to promote Hampton Water, so I'm sure he could do something along those lines for the tour as well.

It's weird that they're really just doing the bare minimum to promote the tour, it's almost as if they WANT it to sell bad.