Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2022 Tour Dates - April (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70873)

bounce442 01-10-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1277144)
Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster.

My girlfriend and I live in London (England) and are thinking of coming to the USA for this tour. She'd love to go to the USA, particularly Nashville or Miami, and I love Bon Jovi (seen them five times in London since 2003 and two solo Richie gigs).

We are both teachers and fortunately it's the Easter holidays in April. Realistically these are the dates we could make:

APR 5 MILWAUKEE, WI Fiserv Forum (less likely)
APR 8 CHARLOTTE, NC Spectrum Center
APR 9 RALEIGH, NC PNC Arena
APR 11 GREENVILLE, SC Bon Secours Wellness Arena
APR 13 SAVANNAH, GA Enmarket Arena
APR 15 TAMPA, FL Amalie Arena

Can anyone offer any advice regarding which of these places would be good to visit? Considering the music scenes in the area, scenic tourist attractions (parks, museums, nature etc. as opposed to beaches or commercial attractions) and which of the above venues are likely to be good? We'll obviously do some research but it would be interesting to hear other people's perspectives.

Out of these, I'd recommend Savannah. It's one of my favorite places to visit in the US. Very, old historical city with so much personality... and picturesque. If you have read or watched Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil you'll have a pretty good idea of the character of the place.

Rocket 01-10-2022 11:49 PM

Thank you so much to everyone for your replies, really useful! We're getting closer to working out our itinerary.

How quickly do people think these gigs will sell out? I have JBJX membership so can get tickets in the presale, but my girlfriend doesn't yet know when she'll be able to fly which obviously affects where we go. How important is it that I get tickets before the Live Nation etc. presales?

All of the venues seem to be standing only, is this normal in the USA or is this because of COVID? It's quite rare not to have a standing area at UK gigs - they're usually the most popular tickets.

Does anyone have any idea what the prices are likely to be?

If venues don't offer e-tickets, will I be OK getting them sent to the UK/will I be able to collect them from the box office on the day?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

bonjovi90 01-10-2022 11:58 PM

I don't think you'll have to worry about not getting tickets. Bon Jovi are way past the point of selling out standard shows on the fly.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

blazeofglory 01-11-2022 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1277196)
Thank you so much to everyone for your replies, really useful! We're getting closer to working out our itinerary.

How quickly do people think these gigs will sell out? I have JBJX membership so can get tickets in the presale, but my girlfriend doesn't yet know when she'll be able to fly which obviously affects where we go. How important is it that I get tickets before the Live Nation etc. presales?

All of the venues seem to be standing only, is this normal in the USA or is this because of COVID? It's quite rare not to have a standing area at UK gigs - they're usually the most popular tickets.

Does anyone have any idea what the prices are likely to be?

If venues don't offer e-tickets, will I be OK getting them sent to the UK/will I be able to collect them from the box office on the day?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

I may be completely misinformed here since I'm not from the US either, so I apologize in advance if I'm just saying bullsh*t 😅

But based on what I've heard from American friends concert tickets are usually a bit more expensive over there than they are in Europe and at least on Ticketmaster I believe they have dynamic pricing, so they might get REALLY expensive on there. It's probably best to try to get them in the presale.

Captain_jovi 01-11-2022 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1277196)

How quickly do people think these gigs will sell out?

The problem with this is there's no way to know. We're still in the ass-end of a pandemic but it's in an area with looser restrictions. The band hasn't been this low in relevancy in some time but there will be a lot of people that just want to go to a concert and let loose. I think it'll have less people travelling from other states but...

Really tough to say how this will all go down! I'm super curious.

Kevs 01-11-2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1277191)
Aloha !

You're seeing a band who's sole reason to tour is because of fans living in the past trying catch a glimpse of former glory. If there's anyone living in the past it's people going to see Bon Jovi nowadays, really.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Don't agree at all with this.
The reason I go is I want to see the new material performed.
Has the band changed? Yes,
Are they as good, no.
Is Jon's voice shot, yes.
But that does not mean I cant enjoy some of it.

You have to make the best of it.

CaptCrash 01-11-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1277201)
Don't agree at all with this.
The reason I go is I want to see the new material performed.
Has the band changed? Yes,
Are they as good, no.
Is Jon's voice shot, yes.
But that does not mean I cant enjoy some of it.

You have to make the best of it.

This is spot on! I enjoyed my 5 Concerts of the THINFS-Sale-Tour a lot. And i witnessed the "glory times" too (ok not the 90's). So enjoy the next tour! I hope Europe will be announced sooner or later.

Eveline 01-11-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1277197)
I don't think you'll have to worry about not getting tickets. Bon Jovi are way past the point of selling out standard shows on the fly.

Agree. I personally know a few people who aren't coming this time...

Thinny 01-12-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1277200)
The problem with this is there's no way to know. We're still in the ass-end of a pandemic but it's in an area with looser restrictions. The band hasn't been this low in relevancy in some time but there will be a lot of people that just want to go to a concert and let loose. I think it'll have less people travelling from other states but...

Not sure what the situation is in the US, but here in the UK gigs are generally operating at about 60% usual turnout with 40% of the audience either choosing not to go, or not being able to go due to isolating. I think a lot of people are still nervous about crowds.

Captain_jovi 01-12-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1277215)
Not sure what the situation is in the US, but here in the UK gigs are generally operating at about 60% usual turnout with 40% of the audience either choosing not to go, or not being able to go due to isolating. I think a lot of people are still nervous about crowds.

Gotcha. Here in Ontario, Canada we're in lockdown again, all concerts/events are cancelled until minimum the 26th then they'll reassess.

I certainly agree it was calculated to choose the states they did for this tour but all it takes is one person getting it to postpone/cancel the whole thing so who knows.