Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2022 Tour Dates - April (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70873)

Captain_jovi 01-07-2022 05:31 AM

2022 Tour Dates - April

Of course Jerry was the one to share it but:

https://twitter.com/Jerrybraden92/st...169991/photo/1

Just the month of April.

liljovi93 01-07-2022 08:04 AM

Anything about a new album?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

vasovasilev9 01-07-2022 08:04 AM

So today they will announce officially the tour, so what do you think about these topics ?

- Will they add more dates to the already known ones for April ? (Because if you look at the places they will play, there's not a New York; Philly or L.A.)

- What is going to be the setlist ? (I was hoping that they will release some new songs to promote the tour, but when you look at the poster, you can only see Easter eggs for the already known albums and songs, so I guess the tour is going to be kind of best of)

- What are your hopes and dreams about the tour ? (I mean about everything from the stage to the setlist and etc.)

Supersonic 01-07-2022 09:11 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasovasilev9 (Post 1277087)
- Will they add more dates to the already known ones for April ? (Because if you look at the places they will play, there's not a New York; Philly or L.A.)

The states they're playing are pretty much red states. Red states in the USA are in the hands of the Republicans which have a different approach to handling Covid.

Quote:

What is going to be the setlist ? (I was hoping that they will release some new songs to promote the tour, but when you look at the poster, you can only see Easter eggs for the already known albums and songs, so I guess the tour is going to be kind of best of)

Have a look at the set for the This House Is Not For Sale tour. Take out the new stuff and replace it with songs from 2020 and you'll have your set.

Quote:

- What are your hopes and dreams about the tour ? (I mean about everything from the stage to the setlist and etc.)

None. It's pointless to hope for change. Jon can't sing anymore and needs to stick to the same bunch of songs. Anything else he butchers even more than he already does with the songs he's done a thousand times in his current state. The guitarists sound shit and the band plays on full auto-pilot just to get a check. The days of exciting Bon Jovi tours are in the past. The sole reason Jon's doing these tours is to make some money for his vanity projects.

I get there's people who've never seen this band play but I wouldn't recommend it. There's plenty of artists around who at 50% of their peak are still worth seeing but Jon Bon Jovi isn't one of them.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

nikos greece 01-07-2022 09:52 AM

bring on the tour..
i hope we ll all witness a miracle and as the tour progresses jons voice will improve. i dont expect sth out of this world, but 2013 standards would be great.
Furthermore i think jon will be testing the waters...covid wise, voice wise etc, hope it all works out

angelsambo 01-07-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1277088)
None. It's pointless to hope for change. Jon can't sing anymore and needs to stick to the same bunch of songs. Anything else he butchers even more than he already does with the songs he's done a thousand times in his current state.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

there must be some kind of technology that allows him to improve his vocal skills

james_d 01-07-2022 10:27 AM

If that's the whole leg I'm concerned lol, I'm assuming they've only released the first month of dates

PanosBonJovi 01-07-2022 11:48 AM

Let's gooooo

I wonder if they announce the whole tour or just the US Leg. There's no way they play in the US only in April.

james_d 01-07-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

So today they will announce officially the tour, so what do you think about these topics ?

- What is going to be the setlist ? (I was hoping that they will release some new songs to promote the tour, but when you look at the poster, you can only see Easter eggs for the already known albums and songs, so I guess the tour is going to be kind of best of)

To be fair if they play all the songs on the teaser wouldn't be awful, it includes stuff like Bounce and TYFLM

Johny 01-07-2022 03:16 PM

This seems like the first tour not backed up by a record.. I mean in their standard market because I don't count the 2015 tour. I guess it's a kind of substitution for the 2020 tour.

Javier 01-07-2022 03:26 PM

They could always do like 2018 record 2 songs and re-release 2020 and title is 2020+2!! Of course they'll instantly forget about those 2 songs lol......

rolo_tomachi 01-07-2022 03:59 PM

Bon Jovi Twitter

It’s official! We’ll be headed back out on this road this April for the #BonJovi2022Tour. Pre-sales begin January 11th and tickets will be available to the public beginning January 14th. For more information on tickets and VIP, head to https://bonjovi.com. See you soon!

https://i.ibb.co/WtspxvW/FIg-Upb-CVk-AERg-RE.jpg

From the background tapestry, it seems that we are facing a tour without an album, going through the entire catalog of the band, including JBJ Blaze of Glory.

Nige 01-07-2022 04:03 PM

Hampton Water presents....? That's intriguing.

Alphavictim 01-07-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1277105)
Bon Jovi Twitter

It’s official! We’ll be headed back out on this road this April for the #BonJovi2022Tour. Pre-sales begin January 11th and tickets will be available to the public beginning January 14th. For more information on tickets and VIP, head to https://bonjovi.com. See you soon!

https://i.ibb.co/WtspxvW/FIg-Upb-CVk-AERg-RE.jpg

From the background tapestry, it seems that we are facing a tour without an album, going through the entire catalog of the band, including JBJ Blaze of Glory.

And Bounce! What word does the "J" starting left to David Bryan's head belong to?

blazeofglory 01-07-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1277109)
And Bounce! What word does the "J" starting left to David Bryan's head belong to?

Probably Just Older or Joey [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javier 01-07-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1277109)

Since it's encompassing all eras I think that's JBJ's logo from the Destination days....

PanosBonJovi 01-07-2022 05:15 PM

Probably a best of your, of course I’d take it any time of the day. Looking forward to it and of course I still hope for European dates in a later date.

I guess these are states where it’s less likely a show would get cancelled.

I wonder if the tour with Bryan Adams ended up in a logistics nightmare since it was “deleted” due to the pandemic.

April should be good to go as well, I’d expect covid cases to go down globally by April given the many cases reported daily due to omicron.

Captain_jovi 01-07-2022 05:26 PM

I wouldn't read too much into the background imagery. I'll eat my hat if we get Bounce, Let It Rock, Just Older, Thank You For Loving Me, Never Say Goodbye, Blaze of Glory added to the setlist. We have a more than decent shot of getting Just Older since we knew it was rehearsed.

I agree, this will probably be a greatest hits tour if it's not in support of 2020. I think we'll still get the handful of songs they've been playing in recent shows.

Johny 01-07-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1277101)
They could always do like 2018 record 2 songs and re-release 2020 and title is 2020+2!! Of course they'll instantly forget about those 2 songs lol......

That would be actually quite clever :) 2020+2 I guess they can find two outtakes. We know about at least one and one brand new song could have been recorded to promote the tour.

JoviForever 01-07-2022 06:03 PM

Why no details of the venues? Testing the water to see how ticket sales go before deciding on theatres or arenas?!🤔

liljovi93 01-07-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1277118)
Why no details of the venues? Testing the water to see how ticket sales go before deciding on theatres or arenas?![emoji848]

The venues are on the official site.

Thinny 01-07-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Why no details of the venues? Testing the water to see how ticket sales go before deciding on theatres or arenas?!🤔

That's not how it works. You have to book the venue months is advance. You can't announce the city then decide the venue later and putting two venues on hold would make no financial sense.

liljovi93 01-07-2022 06:11 PM

https://www.bonjovi.com/tour.php

Captain_jovi 01-07-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1277114)
I wouldn't read too much into the background imagery. I'll eat my hat if we get Bounce, Let It Rock, Just Older, Thank You For Loving Me, Never Say Goodbye, Blaze of Glory added to the setlist. We have a more than decent shot of getting Just Older since we knew it was rehearsed.

I agree, this will probably be a greatest hits tour if it's not in support of 2020. I think we'll still get the handful of songs they've been playing in recent shows.

https://www.toyotacenter.com/events/detail/bon-jovi

A wider view of the image. You can also see No Apologies and In and Out of Love. Not in a million years.

blazeofglory 01-07-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1277123)
https://www.toyotacenter.com/events/detail/bon-jovi

A wider view of the image. You can also see No Apologies and In and Out of Love. Not in a million years.

Jon should take some inspiration from the image and put No Apologies back on the setlists. It's a nice energetic song that isn't overly challenging vocally and works well live.

Nige 01-07-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

No chance - it's far too late for that planning wise. Does seem an odd omission though.

PanosBonJovi 01-07-2022 08:05 PM

Europe is TBC, I guess that means to be confirmed?

bonjovi90 01-07-2022 08:34 PM

Interesting that Hampton Water already has the capacities to sponsor a tour. Maybe Jon's son is a much better business man than his dad :mrgreen:

Also curious about how the ticket pricing will be and how much demand there'll be - especially since their not necessarily going across their strongest US territories on this leg.

superkid 01-08-2022 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1277088)
Aloha !

The states they're playing are pretty much red states. Red states in the USA are in the hands of the Republicans which have a different approach to handling Covid.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Red is an understatement. This itinerary resembles the Trump 2016 Victory Thank You Tour, they just need to add Alabama and Oklahoma and then they're all set :mrgreen: Minnesota is the only Blue state on the list so I guess I got lucky there. We'll see how often they play American Reckoning and Lower the Flag, my guess is zero.

I don't plan on doing any traveling or spending big money on good seats but I'll be there on April 3rd. We'll see how that goes.

bonjovi90 01-08-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1277124)
Jon should take some inspiration from the image and put No Apologies back on the setlists. It's a nice energetic song that isn't overly challenging vocally and works well live.

I bet that chorus will be a blast with his breathing issues:
"No hapologieee...weee back douuu...weee naddaffraaaiii...not...drobbaadouuu..." :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

blazeofglory 01-08-2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1277133)
I bet that chorus will be a blast with his breathing issues:
"No hapologieee...weee back douuu...weee naddaffraaaiii...not...drobbaadouuu..." :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Shhh he could just let the band sing most of the chorus - which he would probably do anyways [emoji14]

Captain_jovi 01-08-2022 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1277134)
Shhh he could just let the band sing most of the chorus - which he would probably do anyways [emoji14]

Ironically it's exactly how they did it live haha.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-08-2022 01:47 AM

Why Lost Highway?: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZ0GMeocPW/
"Dreaming of getting out on the road again…"
With that song certainly sleeping...
Anyway, this is the complete background:
https://i.postimg.cc/zqq3f5T4/background-2022.jpg
Nice to see only pictures of Jon, David and Tico >_< jaja.

Rocket 01-08-2022 02:53 PM

Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster.

My girlfriend and I live in London (England) and are thinking of coming to the USA for this tour. She'd love to go to the USA, particularly Nashville or Miami, and I love Bon Jovi (seen them five times in London since 2003 and two solo Richie gigs).

We are both teachers and fortunately it's the Easter holidays in April. Realistically these are the dates we could make:

APR 5 MILWAUKEE, WI Fiserv Forum (less likely)
APR 8 CHARLOTTE, NC Spectrum Center
APR 9 RALEIGH, NC PNC Arena
APR 11 GREENVILLE, SC Bon Secours Wellness Arena
APR 13 SAVANNAH, GA Enmarket Arena
APR 15 TAMPA, FL Amalie Arena

Can anyone offer any advice regarding which of these places would be good to visit? Considering the music scenes in the area, scenic tourist attractions (parks, museums, nature etc. as opposed to beaches or commercial attractions) and which of the above venues are likely to be good? We'll obviously do some research but it would be interesting to hear other people's perspectives.

superkid 01-08-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1277144)
Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster.

My girlfriend and I live in London (England) and are thinking of coming to the USA for this tour. She'd love to go to the USA, particularly Nashville or Miami, and I love Bon Jovi (seen them five times in London since 2003 and two solo Richie gigs).

We are both teachers and fortunately it's the Easter holidays in April. Realistically these are the dates we could make:

Can anyone offer any advice regarding which of these places would be good to visit? Considering the music scenes in the area, scenic tourist attractions (parks, museums, nature etc. as opposed to beaches or commercial attractions) and which of the above venues are likely to be good? We'll obviously do some research but it would be interesting to hear other people's perspectives.

To be honest I haven't spent a lot of time in most of these cities. But since it looks like you're looking for nature one good option would be to go to Greenville or Charlotte and then head west to visit Great Smokey Mountain National Park, and then keep heading West until you hit Nashville (bummer that the show there doesn't align with your time off). That area in general is very pretty with the Appalachian Mountains and you'll enjoy a lot of great Southern food. I also visitied Chattanooga TN once and that is a really awesome city to visit, but that might be a little out of the way.

Tampa is the most popular tourist destination on this list since it's on the water and is pretty close to Orlando (home of Disney World, Universal Studios, etc.) but it sounds like that isn't what you're looking for. Milwaukee is close to Chicago which you'll enjoy if you like big cities, but Milwaukee itself is nothing special and it will be cold in the midwest that time of year. If you want to avoid driving though that's an option. I've never been to Raleigh but it's known for being a college town with two major universities. I've never been to Savannah either but it looks like a charming little city.

Supersonic 01-09-2022 07:57 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1277144)

Traveling from the U.K. to the U.S.A. to see these places is essentially like being an American and traveling to the U.K. to see Sheffield, Leeds and Birmingham. :)

If you're really dying to see a show I suggest you to fly to Atlanta, rent a car to see the show in Charlotte, head to the Great Smokey Mountains only to then return the car and fly to Vegas. Not because Vegas is such a great place but because it's much closer to the best nature out there (Zion, Bryce and the Grand Canyon). You'd be spending a lot less time on the road or in boring cities. Really, most American cities are just places in which a lot of people live. Don't expect a whole lot of culture there. Most have about 2 interesting musea and that's about it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kevs 01-10-2022 02:55 PM

Well I'm flying over, gonna spend 3 nights in Austin and do that show plus Houston.

Now, the next leg of the tour will be interesting. Will it be Europe for late May/June in stadiums or the US with NY/NJ/Vegas/LA etc.

Could they do May/June in Europe and the US in October? I know this goes against the 30 dates are year but ....

Thierry 01-10-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1277186)
Well I'm flying over, gonna spend 3 nights in Austin and do that show plus Houston.

Now, the next leg of the tour will be interesting. Will it be Europe for late May/June in stadiums or the US with NY/NJ/Vegas/LA etc.

Could they do May/June in Europe and the US in October? I know this goes against the 30 dates are year but ....

Cool stuff! You know Richie is not there right? I still have a waiver for a trip to the USA, but I'm not bothered at all to see this shitfest anymore.

I'd go if they play here in the neighborhood and complain about the prices and the poor performance afterwards.

Kevs 01-10-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1277187)
Cool stuff! You know Richie is not there right? I still have a waiver for a trip to the USA, but I'm not bothered at all to see this shitfest anymore.

I'd go if they play here in the neighborhood and complain about the prices and the poor performance afterwards.

No Richie what?:rolleyes: We cant live in the past, move forward and try and find some enjoyment in what remains.

Supersonic 01-10-2022 07:09 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1277190)
We cant live in the past...

You're seeing a band who's sole reason to tour is because of fans living in the past trying catch a glimpse of former glory. If there's anyone living in the past it's people going to see Bon Jovi nowadays, really.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan