Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #07 - Enmarket Arena, Savannah, Georgia, April 13th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70900)

bonjovi90 04-13-2022 12:23 PM

#07 - Enmarket Arena, Savannah, Georgia, April 13th 2022

https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...h-georgia-usa/

Setlist:
01. Limitless
02. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
03. You Give Love A Bad Name
04. We Weren't Born To Follow
05. It's My Life
06. Beautiful Drug
07. Born To Be My Baby
08. This House Is Not For Sale
09. Just Older
10. Let It Rain
11. Keep The Faith
12. American Reckoning
13. Whole Lot Of Leavin'
14. Do What You Can
15. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
16. Lost Highway
17. Wanted Dead Or Alive
18. Roller Coaster
19. Have A Nice Day
20. Livin' On A Prayer

Encore:
21. Who Says You Can't Go Home
22. Bad Medicine

Round 7 tonight, meaning we're almost halfway through the tour, as obscure as that may sound :D
By now, I fear it's safe to assume we've lost LTOR from the setlists and I can't see other rare album cuts debuting by now. Probably some of the "familiar rotation" might appear though.

Last time Bon Jovi played Savannah was actually as an opening act for the Scorpions in July of 1984 with an unknown setlist (regardless of what setlist.fm says). The last time Bon Jovi played in Georgia was in Atlanta on April 20th, 2018:

https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...a-georgia-usa/

Setlist:

01. This House Is Not For Sale
02. We Don't Run
04. Whole Lot Of Leavin'
05. Lost Highway
06. Born To Be My Baby
07. Who Says You Can't Go Home
08. It's My Life
09. We Weren't Born To Follow
10. Runaway
11. We Got It Going On
12. Keep The Faith
13. Amen
14. Bed Of Roses
15. Lay Your Hands On Me
16. New Year's Day
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
18. Bad Medicine

Encore:
19. In These Arms
20. Wanted Dead Or Alive
21. Livin' On A Prayer

efpg0708 04-13-2022 08:02 PM

#07 - Enmarket Arena, Savannah, Georgia, April 13th 2022

Blood in the Water is their best song in a long time. And it’s not going to be butchered , I mean, played. Incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StickToYourGuns45 04-14-2022 04:10 AM

According to Setlist FM, setlist is as follows:

01. Limitless
05. It's MY Life
06. Beautiful Drug
07. Born To Be My Baby
09. Just Older
10. Let It Rain
11. Keep The Faith
12. American Reckoning (Electric Version) (Tour Debut)
13. Whole Lot Of Leavin' (Tour Debut)

humm-baby 04-14-2022 04:21 AM

Oh my; I thought we were going to get a tour without Whole Lotta Leavin. Will probably be played in Austin, the show I'm going to.

bounce442 04-14-2022 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm-baby (Post 1278968)
Oh my; I thought we were going to get a tour without Whole Lotta Leavin. Will probably be played in Austin, the show I'm going to.

Maybe (hopefully) it will be in lieu of Lost Highway. I would prefer they drop them both and sleep and add we got it going on. You would have your LH track and the fun, rock track. Now add Next Hundred Years and Thorn in My Side. Problem solved.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-14-2022 04:42 AM

This tour is a big shit.

DestinationJovi 04-14-2022 04:51 AM

Wanted was a audible. The end is near....

StickToYourGuns45 04-14-2022 05:02 AM

01. Limitless
05. It's MY Life
06. Beautiful Drug
07. Born To Be My Baby
09. Just Older
10. Let It Rain
11. Keep The Faith
14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
15. Do What You Can
16. Lost Highway
17. Wanted Dead Or Alive
18. Roller Coaster
19. Have A Nice Day
20. Livin' On A Prayer

22. Bad Medicine

GabrielC 04-14-2022 05:27 AM

Jon left out his national anthem... This is bad news

bounce442 04-14-2022 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1278974)
Wanted was a audible. The end is near....

That is nuts!

Captain_jovi 04-14-2022 05:43 AM

No he didn't, it was played.

But the idea that it almost wasn't is HUGE.

efpg0708 04-14-2022 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1278975)
01. Limitless
05. It's MY Life
06. Beautiful Drug
07. Born To Be My Baby
09. Just Older
10. Let It Rain
11. Keep The Faith
14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
15. Do What You Can
16. Lost Highway
17. Wanted Dead Or Alive
18. Roller Coaster
19. Have A Nice Day
20. Livin' On A Prayer

22. Bad Medicine

So LTOR and the acoustic section have been dropped already. And WLOL is back. Everything getting back to normal.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-14-2022 06:19 AM

It's not the first time he didn't play Wanted in a concert. By the way, Wanted is a hard song to sing.
And after listening precisely Wanted and I'll Be There For You on this tour, I gotta say those songs particularly sound worse than ever. So I'm not surprised.
It really sucks that I can't enjoy this anymore. And of course I hate Phil X's solos and outros and his voice. Now that Jon can't almost not talk, it would be kinda weird go to a concert only to see him.
However, I really liked Beautiful Drug and some of the new songs. Maybe the problem is the old songs that sound very bad. I would change ASAP the guitar player and the other guy called Everett. I mean Jon has to do something, because all this is very embarrassing...
On the other hand, I can see myself enjoying more a Richie Sambora concert... >_< jaja

gabriele 04-14-2022 08:03 AM

https://youtu.be/PKfqLW2iNZA

Wanted

BJFan99 04-14-2022 08:15 AM

Ok, guys - here's how Wanted SHOULD be performed:

https://youtu.be/sXXWPi05Cd0

Sad to notice how much better practically any tribute band sounds compared to the real thing nowadays :(

hackster73 04-14-2022 10:07 AM

What a load of crap. Deep cuts... where? the acoustic set has been dropped, LTOR played a couple of times then replaced in the encore by an overplayed song. Like everyone here Bon Jovi were my band. Seen them live every tour since 1996 and been a fan since 1986. This tour is horrible. No creative spark and very little chemistry. Jon has lost his voice to a point where it is now impossible to listen and find any enjoyment. I feel sorry for those paying money for this. I saw the band at Wembley in 2019 and it was obviously he was struggling but he gave it absolutely everything. It wasn't perfect but I did enjoy it. Fast forward 3 years and it is another big step backwards.

The question is what does the future hold? 40th anniversary tour? if so how does Jon get through that? is it time for Richie to come back.. could he maybe sing 2 or 3 songs with David doing In These Arms also.. it would certainly take the pressure off Jon and give the fans something different. At this point it's the only way I'd consider purchasing a ticket. This current tour isn't how I'd want to remember the band.

Very very sad.

hackster73 04-14-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1278979)
So LTOR and the acoustic section have been dropped already. And WLOL is back. Everything getting back to normal.

it's a real shame he dropped the acoustic set.. this part could have had some different songs..

I'd die for you
Runaway
Love for sale
Never say goodbye
Last man standing
Bells of freedom
Superman tonight

There are so many songs that could have been rotated into that set. Missed opportunity.

RonJovi 04-14-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1278982)

Still utterly pathetic, out of tune and out of time but much better than the last performance.

If it was an audible and they considered not playing it, it must be because Jon's watched the Raleigh performance back. He's got to know whats going on here - unless he does something about his voice, he's done as a performer.

angelsambo 04-14-2022 02:59 PM

most of the show

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtp...05cpqTQ/videos

Captain_jovi 04-14-2022 04:03 PM

Sorry, but if Wanted is too hard to sing, retire. Do the remainder of the shows and shut down.

If you're unable to perform any the big four (Wanted, Prayer, It's My Life and Bad Name) there's zero reason to touring.

Captmorgs 04-14-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1278987)
it's a real shame he dropped the acoustic set.. this part could have had some different songs..

I'd die for you
Runaway
Love for sale
Never say goodbye
Last man standing
Bells of freedom
Superman tonight

There are so many songs that could have been rotated into that set. Missed opportunity.

God I’d love Superman Tonight acoustic.

GabrielC 04-14-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278996)
Sorry, but if Wanted is too hard to sing, retire. Do the remainder of the shows and shut down.

If you're unable to perform any the big four (Wanted, Prayer, It's My Life and Bad Name) there's zero reason to touring.

I would be OK with them not playing IML and Bad Name, but Wanted and Prayer are the most important songs of this band. If they are unable to play, then I agree. Time to retire.

Captain_jovi 04-14-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1278998)
I would be OK with them not playing IML and Bad Name, but Wanted and Prayer are the most important songs of this band. If they are unable to play, then I agree. Time to retire.

Problem is this isn't about our side of the pond. We are few, they are many. People are there FOR IML, Bad Name, Wanted, Prayer. Not the rare stuff, not the album cuts. These song are their memories. I'm with you, I could go a show without hearing most of the hits. Sadly those four NEED to be there. The others hits are varying levels of success but once you can't deliver the calling cards it's useless. I can't imagine the crowd got very loud for Leavin, LTOR, or most of the other sons.

mabsey 04-14-2022 08:19 PM

Ok, from a singing perspective now, and purely that, it's clear he has vocal chord issues, either allergy or swelling or other reasons, because Jon is stuck largely in Chest Voice and it's why they are lowering the key. In singing, you need something called Chord Closure, its where your vocal folds close together to produce sound, and Jon is struggling with this, and leaking air so everything sounds breathy and shaky. To hit higher notes, you need a mixed voice, and this needs a lot of support and good chord closure, without it, the higher range is very hard.

I can sing Bon Jovi songs without issue normally, but this morning, I woke up with a slight sniffle, its not a cold, you wouldn't even know I have a cold, but that little sniffle has knocked my vocals out, so people shouldn't be so hard on a 60 year old guy who has been touring most of his life, things should come back.

I believe he suffers from Hay Fever, and checking the early shows, the Pollen count was high. Last night it was low to none, and I notice he had better chord closure last night, so I think this maybe related.

In terms of timings on some songs, this is where the inner ear pieces really knock your confidence. You know you sung the last verse bad, so you start over thinking, you effectively don't want to hear yourself, so you end up pausing before singing a verse hoping your not going to go to crap on it, and generally just over thinking singing.

Whilst it is horrible to watch a singer in this situation, I do feel for him, I think providing he can get his chords under control, he will return to a level of stability once again.

bonjovi90 04-14-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabsey (Post 1279004)
I believe he suffers from Hay Fever, and checking the early shows, the Pollen count was high. Last night it was low to none, and I notice he had better chord closure last night, so I think this maybe related.

I would give that a pass if it was the outdoor shows in May in Europe where he usually suffered from it. But he's had these or similar issues with breathing, timing and sounding off since more or less 2013 and couldn't have always been allergies of hay fever for almost a decade now. It seems he just has abused his vocal chords to the point of no return, unfortunately.

Captain_jovi 04-14-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabsey (Post 1279004)
....so people shouldn't be so hard on a 60 year old guy who has been touring most of his life, things should come back..

From the perspective of this tour, got it. From the perspective of watching him decline from 2013 to now? I don't buy this. I get what you're saying from a scientific standpoint but he has not improved since 2013. We're not being hard on the guy for having voice issues this tour, it's an all over general decline while not doing much to supplement it. High ticket costs, still stagnant (improved but stagnant) setlists while sounding like that is a bit of a gut punch.

This is very close to the stale stale stale stale "Richie is still drunk and on drugs" point of view, I think something medical is going on with both of them we don't know about. Jon's voice is done but is it because of over-use, not taking care of it, or something bigger? Whose to say but I don't think this is a ten year allergic reaction.

blazeofglory 04-14-2022 09:07 PM

I can certainly see hay fever being a contributing factor when he has particularly bad vocal days (compared to his "better" vocal days nowadays), but as someone who's got what probably qualifies as the worst hay fever in the world I'm very sure that's not the (main) issue here.

Allergies can definitely wreck your voice for a while, but he's always struggling all year round and has been struggling continuously for quite a long time, and his vocal issues also don't really seem like the type of issues you get on bad allergy days - at least in my personal experience. His voice during the Slippery tour sounded closer to an "allergy voice" (even though that wasn't the issue of course) than his current voice does.

bonjovi90 04-14-2022 09:39 PM

There are certain shows from the Bounce tour where his hay fever problems were quite noticeable, Hyde Park immediately coming to mind.

Javier 04-14-2022 09:55 PM

Am I missing something?? Wanted was played! And it was played in the main set. :?

james_d 04-14-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1279012)
Am I missing something?? Wanted was played! And it was played in the main set. :?

As an audible though

gabriele 04-14-2022 10:28 PM

it's strange. livin on a prayer the a cappella intro is terrifying. the song goes better but still badly. the more difficult parts 'baby it's ok' - 'livin on a prayer' before the solo and 'ooooooo we are half way there' in the last part, they came out really well. same thing for ktf. he sings badly, but the difficult parts 'yeyeyeee' before the solo and 'please don't leave meeeee' in the second verse are solid.

Thinny 04-14-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279015)
it's strange. livin on a prayer the a cappella intro is terrifying. the song goes better but still badly. the more difficult parts 'baby it's ok' - 'livin on a prayer' before the solo and 'ooooooo we are half way there' in the last part, they came out really well. same thing for ktf. he sings badly, but the difficult parts 'yeyeyeee' before the solo and 'please don't leave meeeee' in the second verse are solid.

the 'livin' on a prayer' part before the solo has been playback for many many years now hasn't it? I wonder if he now using more playback in other parts?

gabriele 04-14-2022 10:52 PM

No in this tour Is live.

Faceman 04-14-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1278990)
If it was an audible and they considered not playing it, it must be because Jon's watched the Raleigh performance back. He's got to know whats going on here

If he doesn't know even without watching his own performance, I don't know what to say then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278996)

So you're saying he should have stopped in 87 (unable to sing Prayer) or from 2005 onwards (getting in trouble with the first line of It's My Life)!?

I see your point, I'm just mocking you ;)

Captain_jovi 04-14-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1279019)
If he doesn't know even without watching his own performance, I don't know what to say then...

So you're saying he should have stopped in 87 (unable to sing Prayer) or from 2005 onwards (getting in trouble with the first line of It's My Life)!?

I see your point, I'm just mocking you ;)

hahaha I feel where you're going with it. But he WAS able to sing them then. Not GREAT but sang 'em. We're living in such a weird time where Wanted was in danger of getting cut but Leavin' came back.

Could it maybe be a crew joke? Just a quick laugh? I guess why risk messing up the show though. I'm at a loss on this one.

Thinny 04-14-2022 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279018)
No in this tour Is live.

Are you sure? That seems an odd choice to do that line live on THIS tour after miming it for forever...

Not saying you're wrong, as I don't think I've watched any Prayer performances from this tour, but it seems an strange decision!?

gabriele 04-15-2022 01:12 AM

They have changed the Key, that's the reason

Captain_jovi 04-15-2022 01:31 AM

That implies ALL samples and triggers would be live as well. Prayer, Faith, the backing vocals in It's My Life. I THNK that's it.

I'm actually not confident if they were still using the IML vocal tracks with so many of them on stage since Everett joined, anyone know?

DestinationJovi 04-15-2022 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1279012)

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/A68A6E...A6ED4BA16.jpeg

DestinationJovi 04-15-2022 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279018)
No in this tour Is live.

Sure. He’s suddenly singing the unreachable notes that he’s mimed forever on the tour that he’s singing spectacularly shitty. Come on man.