Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Alter Bridge - Blackbird (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41744)

RyanBounce04 07-18-2007 04:50 AM

Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Yes!! Finally... The long awaited return of Alter Bridge. Their new album named "Blackbird" will be released October 9th on Universal Records. "Blackbird" is named after their so-called "Epic" song on the record. The first single titlted "Rise Today", hits radio stations everywhere on July 31st!

Ryan

Living_on_my_Hair 07-18-2007 10:55 PM

About bloody time!

One of the best live bands and lead guitarists out there at the moment.

Andi

Cross Road 07-19-2007 03:42 AM

I loved the first album, can't wait for the second.

RyanBounce04 07-19-2007 04:05 AM

http://media.putfile.com/Alter-Bridge---Rise-Today

Here it is in stream... The new single Rise Today!

Ryan

Adrian 07-19-2007 05:54 AM

Looking forward to this one greatly. I'm not a big fan of Miles Kennedy as a singer, but Tremonti's writing usually saves the band. Can't say I'm a big fan of the lead off single too. Reminds me of Find The Real, and that song irritated me to no end.

I am looking forward to this "epic" they say they've put together.

Adrian

Thierry 07-19-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04 (Post 764309)
http://media.putfile.com/Alter-Bridge---Rise-Today

Here it is in stream... The new single Rise Today!

Ryan

Thanks for the post Ryan, I am a fan of alter bridge but this new song doesn't do anything for me. Hopefully the new album will be better.

Paul UK 07-20-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 764313)
Looking forward to this one greatly. I'm not a big fan of Miles Kennedy as a singer, but Tremonti's writing usually saves the band. Can't say I'm a big fan of the lead off single too. Reminds me of Find The Real, and that song irritated me to no end.

I am looking forward to this "epic" they say they've put together.

Adrian

I think Myles' voice is unbelieveable. MK has done a lot of writing on this album.

I wasnt too sure if I liked the song when I first heard it. Its really grown on me now.

From what i've heard Brand New Start and Buried Alive are great songs from the new CD, although i've only heard live 'demo' versions. I think if they get the marketing right, this could be a big album.

ElenaSpain 07-26-2007 11:51 PM

http://www.myspace.com/alterbridge

RyanBounce04 07-27-2007 05:55 PM

I was just about to post the above...

http://www.myspace.com/alterbridge

New song up... Ties That Blind and Rise Today. Ties That Blind just kicked my ass. Can't wait!

Ryan

Paul UK 01-15-2008 12:11 AM

Well, this Sunday I'm off to see them again. If they are only half as good as last time then it'll be another amazing show!

liljovi93 11-15-2008 12:49 PM

I prefer "One Day remains" to this album, but this is still a good album.
I really like Alter Bridge, Myles Kennedy's voice is amazing and Mark Tremonti is unreal on the guitar.

Paul UK 09-06-2010 11:27 PM

New song from the forthcoming AB III album. Isolation.

liljovi93 09-07-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul UK (Post 1013280)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S9D5RRwQ8g

Excellent song.

The riffs are so good. October will be a good month.

UKjovi 09-07-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul UK (Post 1013280)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S9D5RRwQ8g

Thanks Paul, I do like this song very much.

liljovi93 10-05-2010 11:00 PM

New album has leaked.

It's also on YT. Very impressed with it.

Panda 10-06-2010 03:53 AM

So recently I saw Slash with Myles Kennedy on lead vocals. I was extremely impressed... Any recomendations on what I should check out from Alter Bridge? I dont think Ive heard a single song from them as they arent popular at all..

milomom 10-06-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 1017769)
So recently I saw Slash with Myles Kennedy on lead vocals. I was extremely impressed... Any recomendations on what I should check out from Alter Bridge? I dont think Ive heard a single song from them as they arent popular at all..

The album that's just leaked is only their third, so it isn't like there's tons of material out there. I found Blackbird at a used CD store.

UKjovi 10-06-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1017725)
New album has leaked.

It's also on YT. Very impressed with it.

Where? I just looked but couldn't find it.

liljovi93 10-06-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 1017785)
Where? I just looked but couldn't find it.

I downloaded from isohunt.com

The songs are all on YouTube, just type in the tracks and they come up.

buchi 10-06-2010 10:28 PM

you can listen here:
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?bl...iii&more=1&c=1

UKjovi 10-07-2010 08:25 AM

Thank you I'll listen later on.

liljovi93 10-08-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 1017769)

Just check most of their songs on YouTube.

80% of it is fantastic, IMO. His voice is incredible on some songs.

Paul UK 10-08-2010 08:25 PM

It's a superb album, although very dark.

Standout tracks are Slip to the void, fallout, ghosts of days gone by, I know it hurts and life must go on.

It's been getting some superb reviews. Can't wait to see the songs being performed live next week!

liljovi93 10-08-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul UK (Post 1018445)

Standout tracks are Slip to the void, fallout, ghosts of days gone by, I know it hurts and life must go on.

It's been getting some superb reviews. Can't wait to see the songs being performed live next week!

They're exactly the same tracks that stand out to me!
And 'Still remains.'

There is one I really dislike, though. 'Works darker than their wings' ... I think it's called that anyway....

liljovi93 10-08-2010 10:45 PM

Just listened to it again ... It actually is a pretty decent song hahahaha!

UKjovi 10-09-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul UK (Post 1018445)

Tell us how it goes Paul.

Avantasian 10-09-2010 12:16 PM

Got the album yesterday and hear through it for the third time right now.
And it gets even better with every time ;)

I really like the lyrics and it's amazing how Myles sings his heart out on most of the songs.
His voice is really unique and outstanding.

Edit - Standout Tracks so far: Slip To The Void, Isolation, All Hope Is Gone, Wonderful Life

Paul UK 10-09-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 1018599)
Tell us how it goes Paul.

Well the little brother is coming with me so I'm sure he'll update you too, won't you liljovi!?

liljovi93 10-09-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul UK (Post 1018649)
Well the little brother is coming with me so I'm sure he'll update you too, won't you liljovi!?

I will indeed :)

UKjovi 10-10-2010 10:54 AM

^ Good to hear :)

Thierry 10-12-2010 07:37 PM

Stunning album, I have it in my car.

liljovi93 10-22-2010 07:58 PM

Words can't describe how good this concert was. This review is basically going to be a song by song review with a few missed out and I may repeat myself a few times as I really can't describe some of it.

It was such a cold night that I actually just wanted to stay on the train because it wasn't as bad on their. Got off the train and got to the venue around 7.30 which was when the support act were on. Was in the queue for a good five mins I think and then we were in.

Straight to the merchandise stand we went and both bought a t-shirt. I wanted a hoody but the fact it was £45, there was no chance. Once they were bought, we went to get a decent view. We was on Marks side about ... 10 rows back. Brilliant view. Just as good as the view we got at Slash's gig, if not better.

The support act finished and Alter Bridge were ready to come on at 9.10. The music stopped and the band came on. The lights were very dark and I just seen Myles walking on very very slow. Me and Paul both realised that it was 'Slip to the void.' Earlier on that day, we both said we wanted that to open, so it was great to actually see it open. It was a song I badly wanted to hear just for the riff in it.

The next few songs were decent, but as we both said, Myles wasn't going for the high notes which isn't like him. I noticed this on a few clips I seen before the concert from one a few days before. He was still hitting a few but was backing out of a couple.

A song I desperately wanted to hear was White Knuckles. From the Amsterdam DVD, the lighting and then the guitars looked and sounded so good. This was a song where Myles looked a bit more comfortable.

Metalingus was played after 'All hope is gone' and this was one of my favourites of the night. The drums are quality at the start of it. Again, MK sounded a lot better than the first few songs.

Next was one of the best on the new album IMO, 'Ghost of days gone by.'
Amazing. He sang it perfectly! This was again, one of the best of the night. I was so happy to hear it.

Next song .. 'Ties that bind' .. Brilliant. Again, this was another I had said before the gig I'm dying to hear live.

'I know it hurts' is another off the new album which is one I fell in love with straight away. The intro is so good. The chorus is so catchy and the vocals were spot on once again.

A song I said to our Paul I wasn't bothered about was 'Blackbird.' I know it's a really really good song but at times it can just bore me and I would prefer to hear 'In Loving Memory' or a new song more than this. I was shocked. It came across so much better than I thought. The guitar solo just blows me away!

The next best song of the night was 'Open your eyes.' This was one of the first songs I heard from Alter Bridge and beforehand, Paul said it was really good live. He wasn't lying. They got the audience really involved in this song, letting the crowd sing the 'Ooohhhh' parts right before one of the best solos by Mark IMO. If I see Alter Bridge again, this is a song I definitely want to hear again, without a doubt.

That was the last song of the set and I couldn't believe how quick it had gone, but this time, it was about 22:10 I think, and it just didn't feel like they had been on for an hour, at all. They walked off the stage and then the crowd were just chanting the bands name. We seen one of the backstage people bring on a chair and we both had a feeling that it would be 'Watch Over You.' This is my favourite song by Alter Bridge and live it is a song I didn't think I would get to hear live, but I did.

Myles walked on with his acoustic guitar on his own and started playing it. I was a bit unsure on how good it would sound live, though. As I said earlier, I watched a few clips from the earlier gigs of the tour and Myles seemed to let the audience sing most of this live, but he didn't this time. He hit every note. His voice was just incredible. This was definitely the best song of the night. Definitely. I was so shocked at how good he sang it. I think it was the only song I didn't sing all night because I just wanted to hear his voice.

After he had played that, Mark had brought his acoustic guitar out and they both done a version of 'Wonderful life.' Another brilliant song off the new album and for the first time they played it in front of a crowd as big as the one on Tuesday, they done a really good job.

'Isolation' was the next song to be played. The first song I heard off the new album. Really really good. The guitar once again was fantastic. Tremonti is just unreal.

Last song of the whole set was 'Rise Today', a song I had listened to a lot lately, and it fit perfectly at the end of the show. Vocals, drums and guitar were spot on. Can't complain at all.

I really didn't want this gig to end. I was actually suprised at good they sounded live. I've watched the Amsterdam DVD live and that is an excellent gig, but I didn't think we would get a show anywhere near that. I would 100% love to see Alter Bridge again. No question about it.

Favourite songs of the night: 'Watch over you' .. 'Ghost of days gone by' .. 'Metalingus' and 'Open your eyes.'

Oh, and I also ended up buying a hoodie outside for £20 which actually fit this time. The past 2 concerts I had been too (Bon Jovi & Slash) I had bought XL tshirts which were huge on me as I am only a medium, so it was good to actually buy something outside that fits me :)

Would definitely recommend people to see these live.

UKjovi 10-23-2010 10:57 AM

I love your review! I so want to see them live and the fact you got Wonderful life in acoustic style makes me jealous. Glad you had such a great time.

liljovi93 10-23-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 1020758)
I love your review! I so want to see them live and the fact you got Wonderful life in acoustic style makes me jealous. Glad you had such a great time.

Thanks, mate.

I'd recommend you see them. Myles' voice doesn't seem as strong but I'm not suprised with all the touring he's doing.

Paul UK 11-09-2010 05:16 PM

Two bonus tracks

Zero

Home