Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stranger In This Town (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=74)

KTF-Leen 05-13-2004 06:24 PM

:oops: :cry: Don't have any of Richies albmus :cry: :oops:

allmike 05-13-2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTF

:shock: and i thought i have problem with getting CDs.

Don't u get there?.

DevilsSon 05-13-2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTF

Go buy them!!!

Mr Bluesman 05-13-2004 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTF

Go buy them!!!

It's good advice.

I rate Stranger higher than US but they are both excellent.

walter 05-15-2004 08:19 AM

"Stranger" is my favorite from 90s, I did a review on this site a long time ago. it's 1000 times better than "Undiscovered Soul". "SITT" was more a therapy than something else, Richie was bored in BJ and needed his own space to create the stuff he needed to hear. he only recorded "Rosie" from NJ sessions because he liked so much the song he wanted it to feature on Jersey but it didn't pass the reharsals sessions. it's a strong melodic friend you can listen to when you're in the blue.
"US" was more a fun break with some friends in the studio, Richie get married with kids, BJ was great time... it's only a fun album. you can recognize the style, but the mood is really different. "Stranger" is a serious" album, "Undiscovered Soul" is not really. maybe did it went great live, but honestly, I haven't listen to it for years. I don't like it

davefan 05-15-2004 10:38 PM

Stranger is a great album I really love it. Me too I was suprised of Rest in peace, sill don't get what`s the sense of that.

It's a great album! I´m glad Rosie wasn`t on NJ cause I don't really like Jons version, but Richie sings it really good!

Lea 05-16-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casbren
only thing that disappoints me is when Richie says he "was thrown down from a place artistically" after it did not hit very big here in the USA.

Not to be picky..but what Richie actually said was that he was

'throwing down from a truly soulful and artistic place."

I always took that to mean that he was recording what was in his heart and soul, and didn't take into consideration whether the music was commercially viable or not.

In the music business, Richie is all music, no business! ;)

Lea

Santa_Fe 05-17-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lea

Lea

Yeah, sure. That's why he's stuck with Bon Jovi. He could have left the band long time ago you know. But no, Richie likes money and fame too much.

Lea 05-18-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lea

Lea

Yeah, sure. That's why he's stuck with Bon Jovi. He could have left the band long time ago you know. But no, Richie likes money and fame too much.

To slightly misquote a song title , that TRULY is a Bitter Whine!

Lea

Calyx 05-20-2004 06:04 PM

Great album for sure! Im not too crazy about River of love though. That's the only track I don't really like on it.

Also, I think it's kinda cool how Dave and Tico also play on the album. Makes it feel a bit like a BJ album as well as a solo album, with the focus obviously a lot more on Richie of course. I guess thats why Dave and Tico
don't appear in the music videos so people wouldn't get confused that way.

Amazing album though. I get the feeling Richie was planning on making this album for years and was waiting for the opportunity. That's probably why it turned out so strong.

Stranger is one of the many reasons I am a BJ fan!