Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destination Anywhere.. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48446)

kenobi_on_a_prayer 06-23-2009 05:14 PM

I don't think I'd have a problem with the odd solo song been thrown into a band set any more than I would with the E Street Band doing Bruce songs that weren't recorded with them. Besides, we don't look like getting a solo tour anytime soon.

That said, such songs might not go down that well with most of the live stadium audience. :rolleyes:

Becky 06-23-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 927389)
That said, such songs might not go down that well with most of the live stadium audience. :rolleyes:

I've seen the band do Stranger a few times and it always amounted to a giant exodus to the bathrooms or beer stand. I think that's why Richie sings a band song now instead of a solo song. They tried with the solo stuff and it didn't work.

crashed 06-23-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele (Post 927383)
Unfortunately I don't think there was ever any chance of Stranger In This Town being on Cross Road, unless they'd have released a double album. There wasn't room, you could only fit 15 songs and as Stranger was never a hit it would have been the first to drop out of the track listing. But they should have put Sleep When I'm Dead instead of In These Arms as there are too many love songs, with BOR, ITA and IBTFY coming almost consecutively.

I don't see the problem with that as they're all different sounding tracks. Sleep When I'm Dead on Cross Road? Nah. Not when it's missing songs like Livin' In Sin or Dry County.

steel_horse75 06-23-2009 05:56 PM

keep solo stuff for a solo tour. I always get annoyed when the band play Blaze of Glory - and why was that on Crossroads? i think it was Jons ego rearing its head again.

RockThunder 06-23-2009 05:59 PM

I haven't heard the album for about 2 yrs now and I just discovered it again a few weeks ago. It has some certain songs that are good but it has way to much drum loops for me. It led the way to what came up a few years later with the band in some kind. I just would like know what the intension was to move into the pop rock direction so hard from one to the other moment?

KeepTheFaith2211 06-23-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 927405)
keep solo stuff for a solo tour. I always get annoyed when the band play Blaze of Glory - and why was that on Crossroads? i think it was Jons ego rearing its head again.

Because it's a brilliant song, which was a huge hit, and it's been pretty much adopted as a band song now anyway.

Crushgen24/88 06-24-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 927389)
I don't think I'd have a problem with the odd solo song been thrown into a band set any more than I would with the E Street Band doing Bruce songs that weren't recorded with them.:

The difference is that every Bruce record has been released under the name Bruce Springsteen.

steel_horse75 06-24-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 927409)
Because it's a brilliant song, which was a huge hit, and it's been pretty much adopted as a band song now anyway.

im not buying that.
Yes its a great song - but its not Bon Jovi - if thats the case wheres a richie or dave song on Cross roads?

Crushgen24/88 06-24-2009 09:42 AM

I think Jon's ego did play apart in getting Blaze on CR, however the song was a massive number one hit that many in the casual world didn't know wasn't a band song, was played by the band at the high profile Academy Awards, and let's not forget that the band played it like 60 times on the KTF tour.

Captain Walrus 06-24-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 927506)
im not buying that.
Yes its a great song - but its not Bon Jovi - if thats the case wheres a richie or dave song on Cross roads?

But Cross Road was a Greatest Hits, and Blaze was among the top 5 or so hits that the band or any of its members solo had had by that point. Richie's singles had done nowhere near as well, so would have been a bit odd put on a GH. And as people have already said, Jon has said that he did want Stranger to be on it.

I don't think Dave had released anything by that point