Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon at Songwriters Hall of Fame Ceremony (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70027)

Kathleen 06-16-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesyjames (Post 1225317)
Small clip of "It's My Life:" https://youtu.be/puU-ZU-_rJU

He struggles so, and it sounds so forced. Makes you want to say - relax Jon, it will sound better.

rocknation 06-16-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1225298)
...very strange choice to have Jon induct when they only worked together on a couple of songs. Granted, one of them (IML) became one of their most important hits in their career, but there are still other artists for whom I'd say Max has definitely have more of an impact, e.g. Britney Spears, Backstreet boys, Taylor Swift or Katy Perry.

Perry just released an album; she would have been the smartest choice -- unless picking Jon was Martin's way of trying to move away from the pre-teenybopper video pop tart genre and toward more "serious" musicians. And in return, maybe it's Jon's way of moving Bon Jovi more toward pop because they're less about guitar rock now.

P.S. Speaking of Taylor Swift, she is now on Spotify whether she likes it or not -- they cut a deal with her record label. And speaking of Spotify, they have also settled a class action lawsuit which will give outside songwriters and composers like Martin a couple of extra royalty checks.

Thomas S 06-16-2017 10:53 PM

I thought Jon sounded fine. Not good by any means, but passable

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Becky 06-17-2017 02:22 AM

Jon. Is a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame. That sets him apart from Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and the like. I'm not saying those artists won't someday be members too, particularly Taylor Swift, but Jon is already there. There is a level of prestige that goes with being inducted/introduced by a standing member of the organization.

steel_horse75 06-17-2017 10:52 AM

Jon looks ill

Rdkopper 06-17-2017 02:02 PM

Jon is really starting to lose that cool factor... The Suit, the Hair, the Voice, The Violin... It all just don't fit his image anymore (I'm not saying its all bad but it's just not him)... The guy used to come out with high energy and charisma and just kill it... He would actually put me in a good mood...I would get excited coming home to a recorded something... Watching Jon would be a pick me up and give me a boost...but now it's all just so boring and depressing... He looks stressed and run down all the time...

I know Tom Cruise is an actor but he's been promoting The Mummy recently... He's the same age as Jon and has still managed to keep that cool factor going... He's happy and energetic... He's doing it right... The Tom we have now is the Jon I predicted to be 20 years ago...

Eveline 06-17-2017 02:39 PM

So when Jon says he's excited about anything, let say a tour, a new album, a gig, a book, you name it, shall we believe his words or actions/behaviour/look?

I can't call it a bad hair day or overwork anymore. The guy looks like a shadow of his former self - the grey hair colour, grey in the face like he didn't care anymore. Or maybe he just wants to look and act his age but hell, my father is in his mid fifties and doing okay!

I dread to say he's past it because he's still recording, touring and being part of the whole machine. I don't want to compare him to his rocker peers or to his own perfomances a few years back.

Oh man, it saddens me incredibly.

The music is timeless, though. I'm always proud to have my friends listen to it whenever they come over and the clubs and bars still play BJ hits.

liljovi93 06-17-2017 11:15 PM

He looks and sounds ill. I've said for a while that something just isn't sitting right and I don't know what.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Javier 06-17-2017 11:19 PM

Jon seems to be a bit under the weather. His voice sounded like he was gonna cough up a phlegm at any point during the chorus. Let's all calm down and breath....

rocknation 06-18-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1225329)
The suit, the hair, the voice, the violin... It...just don't fit... The guy used to come out with high energy and charisma and just kill it...Watching Jon would...give me a boost... (N)ow it's all just so boring and depressing... He looks stressed and run down all the time...

It did feel more like watching a telethon...for him...