Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bryan Adams new track :s (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=26937)

Living_on_my_Hair 08-23-2004 01:31 PM

Bryan Adams new track :s

Im very disappointed with it :? :cry: apart from sounding as if the guitar part is ripped of from Run to you, its just such a bland song. The ''heard it all b4, cliche lyrics'' argument comes up. Cumon Bryan, release something Like Cant Stop This Thing insted of this lame radio pop!

ktf
andi

Neurotica80 08-23-2004 02:00 PM

Ok the lyrics arnt mindblowing but I think its a decent comeback song.

Supersonic 08-23-2004 05:06 PM

Aloha !

It's crap indeed. He;s been away for 6 years now and the first new thing he's releasing from his new album is this. :?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Neurotica80 08-24-2004 10:08 AM

Im sorry but I don't know what people were excepting. BA has done cliched lyrics/radio friendly pop rock for years. This is miles better than a day like today and here I am. Ok its not summer of 69 but its not bad either

Kev 08-24-2004 07:46 PM

On Sept. 18th, from 8 - 9 pm, on CKFM (99.9 FM), Toronto (Canada) , BRYAN ADAMS' new album ROOM SERVICE is going to be broadcast. You can listen live off the site [Source: Maddy, Can]
http://www.mix999.com/

For the ballad "I Was Only Dreaming" (Room Service) Bryan worked with composer Michael Kamen (Robin Hood Soundtrack, BA Unplugged) who died earlier this year.

Jim Bon Jovi 08-24-2004 07:55 PM

Let's be reasonable here. Bryan has been pappign out cheesy lyrics since the beggining. it's like part of his style, nothign wrong with it.

Kev 08-27-2004 08:53 AM

The tracklisting for the Live Aid DVD will include the bonus footage from Australia featuring INXS and Holland featuring BB King. Although the event was held simultaneously in London and Philadelphia, there were crosses via satellite to various countries including Sydney, Australia where INXS performed 'Don't Change' and 'What You Need' for the global audience. The four-disc set will also contain 2 songs performed by Bryan Adams, 'Kids Wanna Rock' and 'Summer of 69'. The 4-disc set will retail at around the $70 mark and is currently set to hit shops on November 8.

Supersonic 08-27-2004 09:06 AM

Aloha !

2 songs only ? I thought he performed a whole set ?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Iceman 08-27-2004 09:36 AM

Re: Bryan Adams new track :s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair
The ''heard it all b4, cliche lyrics'' argument comes up.

That's the argument that comes up every time you lhear Bryan Adams song. It's his thing. He's never made anything "new" or "inventive". The first time I heard 18 Till I Die i could sing with the verses. And I hadn't heard them before.

He's always been predictable.

Ice

Living_on_my_Hair 08-27-2004 03:16 PM

yeah Ice :?

But i thought On a dayLike 2day was a step in the right direction. Lyrically there were a few songs on there that could have been the start of something.. then of course theres cloud no. 9 etc :roll:

KTF
ANDI

faris 08-27-2004 06:40 PM

Bryan always makes singles for public. The rest maby won't be so bad...
I like Open Road very much. Though it's a pop crap. It was like meeting good old friend after years... :D

Dave 1986 09-03-2004 02:58 PM

I got tickets for Bryan for Cardif Internatioal Arena on November 1st! :D Can't wait!

Oh and for UK fans, Bryan Adams live from Abbey Road studios is on BBC Radio 2 Saturday 4th September 9:30 - 10:30

I'll be recording it the old fashioned way on cassette as i can't record radio to mp3. Ah well. 8)

odicarat 09-05-2004 04:45 PM

I can´t wait for hear the new recordĦĦ

Sara 09-07-2004 09:55 PM

just heard the song for the first time today - I think I could get used to it. It's nothing special really, but not a bad song either. The lyrics are quite boring, but the tune is ok and that's pretty much what I expect from Bryan :).

Supersonic 09-08-2004 12:06 AM

Aloha !

The title track is the best song from the album. For the rest it's a pretty bad album in my opinion. There's even a song on it that could be sung by Westlife. And I'm not exaggerating right now. It's called Flying. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 09-08-2004 08:07 PM

I thought Flying was a good song and out of the 6 I've heard from the album live, that was probably the best. Open Road is OK, but the title track Room Service and the others were fairly bland. But who knows, I might change my mind about them when and if I buy the album.

I wish Bryan would go back to the production style of Reckless or Waking Up The Neighbours cause I they had a much more rockier feel to them.

Kev 09-08-2004 08:41 PM

How have you guys heard some tracks from the album? :(

Living_on_my_Hair 09-09-2004 12:27 AM

There was a radio2 2 special live gig on at the weekend there, and i guess he played some new stuff on it

ktf
andi

*-- Vallie --* 09-09-2004 01:52 PM

Album's coming out the day before I'll see him in concert ... No time to get to know the songs I'm afraid ... Ow well, I'll get the preview live then :)

Mongoose 09-09-2004 02:50 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

Listen again - Bryan Adams Live & Exclusive : Radio 2 : Classic Rock/Pop : Saturday : 21:30 : 1 Hr

Bryan Adams performs an exclusive concert from London's Abbey Road Studios

Supersonic 09-09-2004 07:34 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

Listen again - Bryan Adams Live & Exclusive : Radio 2 : Classic Rock/Pop : Saturday : 21:30 : 1 Hr

Bryan Adams performs an exclusive concert from London's Abbey Road Studios

Yep that's where I heard them.

Quote:

I thought Flying was a good song and out of the 6 I've heard from the album live, that was probably the best. Open Road is OK, but the title track Room Service and the others were fairly bland. But who knows, I might change my mind about them when and if I buy the album.
You want him to change his style back to a more rock sound and you think Flying is a good song ? :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain Walrus 09-09-2004 09:07 PM

Just heard Open Road on the radio, it seems OK, better than you guys would have me believe. The DJ introduced it as "the best thing he's done in years", which I'm not sure I would agree with

Keep On Rockin'

Iceman 09-09-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
The DJ introduced it as "the best thing he's done in years", which I'm not sure I would agree with

How about "the only thing he's done in years"?

Ice

Kev 09-10-2004 07:18 AM

Well its safe to say the title track 'room service' is fantastic! I really like it!

'Open Road' is brilliant, I liked this one from the first time I heard it. Sounds good live too!

'Not Romeo , No Juliet' is ok, but rather bland in my opinion

'why do you have to be so hard to love' is quite a nice ballad. Im quite impressed, this one will definately grow on me and will probably be one of my faves on the album.

'Blessing In Discuise' is short but sweet lol

I can see where Seb got his 'Westlife' comment from after hearing 'flying'. I dont like the weird sound affects that this track appears to have. It just doesnt fit, but the rest of the song, I like. The chorus is what I like the most, other than that the lyrics are quite plain.

Captain Walrus 09-11-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
The DJ introduced it as "the best thing he's done in years", which I'm not sure I would agree with

How about "the only thing he's done in years"?

Ice

I'm quite partial to the Spirit:Stallion Of The Cimarron soundtrack myself (er, I say partial, I mean I've heard it once or twice and quite liked it :oops: )

Keep On Rockin'

Neurotica80 09-11-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

'why do you have to be so hard to love' is quite a nice ballad. Im quite impressed, this one will definately grow on me and will probably be one of my faves on the album..

I hope the song is catchier than the dreadful title :o

Kev 09-11-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80

I hope the song is catchier than the dreadful title :o

LYRICS
was it some man that didn't treat you right / left you reaching out for him in the middle of the night / is there some heartache that you can't out run / that makes you so afraid to get close to anyone / you're so - easy to look at / you're so easy to hold / it's so easy to touch you - honey so hard to let go / it's so easy to want you - that i can't get enough / tell me why do ya have to be / why do ya have to be so hard to love / is it some hurt from long ago / that makes it so hard to let your feelings show / is it the ghost of who you used to be / that makes you so afraid to bear your soul to me

Ton Bon Jovi 09-16-2004 01:02 PM

I've heard a bit of 'She's A Little to Good For Me' and that's one hell of a song! I've downloaded it from some BA site, but the one minute I heard of it rocks. Think that's gonna be the best song on the album.

Kev 09-16-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ton Bon Jovi
I've heard a bit of 'She's A Little to Good For Me' and that's one hell of a song! I've downloaded it from some BA site, but the one minute I heard of it rocks. Think that's gonna be the best song on the album.

would you please be able to post or PM me the address of the BA site you got it from? Cheers 8)

Supersonic 09-16-2004 05:51 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ton Bon Jovi

would you please be able to post or PM me the address of the BA site you got it from? Cheers 8)

Did you even check the site ? It's available for everyone.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kev 09-16-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Did you even check the site ? It's available for everyone.

I cant say I did. Cheers Seb!

JOEYKID 09-17-2004 10:53 PM

poor, poor album...

Dave 1986 09-18-2004 01:42 PM

I bought the single yesterday, It also has "Blessing In Disguise" which I'm sure I've heard before by another artist, plus "Friday Night In London" which isn't on the album but I liked quite a lot. 8)

Kev 09-18-2004 02:42 PM

Just got the album. I love it! Some really really good tracks on here! Cant wait for the uk tour now.... :D

Rakel 09-18-2004 04:06 PM

I only listened to the single yet and it sounds like the good old bryan adams 8)

JOEYKID 09-18-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Just got the album. I love it! Some really really good tracks on here! Cant wait for the uk tour now.... :D

technically poor
lyrically poor
rythmically pop

Supersonic 09-19-2004 11:16 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

technically poor
lyrically poor
rythmically pop

The lengths is poor as well. People want a rock album from Bryan, he promises a rock album, and you get a silly 33 minute long album filled with mid-tempo songs and silly ballads. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kev 09-19-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
The lengths is poor as well. People want a rock album from Bryan, he promises a rock album, and you get a silly 33 minute long album filled with mid-tempo songs and silly ballads. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Have to agree with ya on this one Seb. The length is extrmely poor. I had it on repeat all day yesterday though and the songs have really grown on me. The ballads are quite good though. The titlle track Room Service is by far the rockiest song on the album and probably the best.

After 6 years in the making, you would have expected the lyircs to be somewhat better. No BA album will ever tim 18 Till I Die in my opinion.

Ton Bon Jovi 09-20-2004 04:35 PM

I've just bought the album. Few great songs: I Was Only Dreamin', East Side Story, She's A Little Too Good For Me, East Side Story.. the rest is OK.. Looking forward to see him Wednesday in Holland!

Kev 09-20-2004 04:39 PM

The only track im not too keen on is This side of paradise bu the rest of the album is fantastic! :)