Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Was Always already written in 1991? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70473)

Zakatar 12-21-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249642)

Looking back, we got:

-Good Guys from The Cowboy Way
-Always from Romeo Is Bleeding
-Gotta Have A Reason from The Three Musketeers
-The Tom Cruise Movie (Maybe The Firm or Interview With A Vampire)
-and maybe a few others?

-Blaze of Glory and Billy Get Your Guns from Young Guns ii [technically JBJ solo, but the former track has appeared on both the band's Greatest Hits albums]
-Real Life from EDtv
-The One That Got Away from Message in a Bottle [Jon decided to not give the song to the film after seeing it, much like Always and Romeo is Bleeding]
-Old Habits Die Hard and Not Running Anymore from New Year's Eve [Technically JBJ solo, but one of the songs appeared as a bonus track on WAN]
-That Peter Pan Film everyone loves to speculate about [some think Life is Beautiful from BB may be the song in question]

I actually love the Box Set demo of Always, much more so than the Cross Road version.

Jovi98 12-21-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1249717)
-Blaze of Glory and Billy Get Your Guns from Young Guns ii [technically JBJ solo, but the former track has appeared on both the band's Greatest Hits albums]
-Real Life from EDtv
-The One That Got Away from Message in a Bottle [Jon decided to not give the song to the film after seeing it, much like Always and Romeo is Bleeding]
-Old Habits Die Hard and Not Running Anymore from New Year's Eve [Technically JBJ solo, but one of the songs appeared as a bonus track on WAN]
-That Peter Pan Film everyone loves to speculate about [some think Life is Beautiful from BB may be the song in question]

I actually love the Box Set demo of Always, much more so than the Cross Road version.

Jon wrote a Peter Pan song if i'm not wrong but in 2001 or 2003 , so....i don't think that the song in question is Life Is Beautiful ... :)

Captain_jovi 12-22-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1249717)
-Real Life from EDtv

Old Habits Die Hard and Not Running Anymore are from Stand Up guys not New Year's Eve

Gotta Have a Reason was written for Robin Hood

Rdkopper 12-23-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1249721)

Gotta Have a Reason was written for Robin Hood

Three Musketeers (close enough)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 12-23-2018 03:30 PM

Ah! Shoot, thanks!

Butters 12-23-2018 11:50 PM

Mr. Big Time for Armageddon. Cool little song.

Thinny 12-24-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1249757)
Mr. Big Time for Armageddon. Cool little song.

Oh, I'd forgotten about that song! Not listened to it for year, but used to love it! Will have to dig it out!

Becky 12-24-2018 01:24 PM

Always was demoed in a hotel room. There’s a Japanese interview (video) of the band laughing about it because it was so high pitched that (paraphrased) the hotel staff thought they were in there killing Richie.

Jon thought Romeo Is Bleeding had a great script, but the final product was awful. And the lyrics do match the movie because there was something about photography. It was pretty much s stalker song and the movie DID suck so I remember very little about it.

Save the World was written for Armageddon. Jon gave them Mr. Big Time instead out of respect for Steven Tyler b/c Aerosmith recorded I Don’t Wsnt to Miss a Thing & Steven’s daughter was in the movie. I think Save the World was used to promote U-571 in Japan thought. I’m a little fuzzy on that one, but I think that’s correct.

Rdkopper 12-24-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1249765)
Always was demoed in a hotel room. .

Do you know the year?

bonjovi90 12-24-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1249767)
Do you know the year?

I think that this was in 1993 as they were touring the UK then. So either May or September 1993.