Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

faith1985 08-30-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1258624)
That's the definition of "relieve" not "relive". "Relive" means to live through something again or to replicate it.

Just one small point of fact in a sea of opinions... :)

ok. I am probably wrong here then and it is about Jon's parents. You are right. relive is not relieve :-). An important fact I think. But I do wish people would be less offensive when people have an opinion and do everything to turn it into: you are so stupid, etc'

faith1985 08-30-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1258623)
Some people are really arguing that Jon's life is in ruins, has been in ruins for a long time (going back as far as Damned at least), and he has been trying to tell us all in song lyrics. In fact, the lyrics and interviews (from someone notoriously closed in interviews) are the proof that this is the case because none of us have access to his private life. :?

I am not saying Jon's life is in ruins. But people believing Jon has a farytale marriage is laughable to me.

Captain_jovi 08-30-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1258622)
Honestly this is getting out of hand it's taken over and ruining 2 threads and it's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. And that's saying a lot. Can we maybe move this over to the Anything Thread!?

Hundred percent. Anything past this post will be moved or deleted.

Supersonic 08-30-2019 04:56 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258634)
yep, maybeI wanted to make it fit my biases and I am wrong. But not once was my gut feeling about a person totally off so I do trust my gut.

Could you please delete your post? You're not supposed to talk about this anymore.

Matt, if you make me a mod (just a temporary one) I'll do it for you and make sure these topics stay clear of this nonsense.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 08-30-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258635)
Aloha !

Could you please delete your post? You're not supposed to talk about this anymore.

Matt, if you make me a mod (just a temporary one) I'll do it for you and make sure these topics stay clear of this nonsense.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I deleted it already. Seb, we all know what you're doing. It's tired, it's old. Please.

semigoodlooking 08-30-2019 05:02 PM

So, I am out of the loop on Richie. Is he drunk/drugged or looking better than he has in years this week?

Would still look more forward to a Richie album than a Bon Jovi one, so let's hope it's the latter. Although, I am guessing Richie was hammered for a good part of 1984-1996 when he put out his best guitar playing and songwriting. So who knows, just make some music so this thread can actually be on topic for once.

Supersonic 08-30-2019 05:07 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1258638)
So, I am out of the loop on Richie. Is he drunk/drugged or looking better than he has in years this week?

I think more importantly, let us talk as to whether he is actually an alcoholic or not. We've not spoken about that yet. Jackieblue, maybe you can chip in?

Quote:

Would still look more forward to a Richie album than a Bon Jovi one, so let's hope it's the latter. Although, I am guessing Richie was hammered for a good part of 1984-1996 when he put out his best guitar playing and songwriting. So who knows, just make some music so this thread can actually be on topic for once.

I too look forward to new Richie material. Despite the catastrophic RSO project it was still more interesting to follow than the THINFS project simply because it was different. Terrible, but different nonetheless. Fingers crossed he got it all out of his system and will resort to a no-nonsense approach this time around. I think a large part of why his career fails is because he hasn't made peace with what he is.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thinny 08-30-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

The few times we've seen him recently he's looking and sounding well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258639)
Fingers crossed he got it all out of his system and will resort to a no-nonsense approach this time around. I think a large part of why his career fails is because he hasn't made peace with what he is.

We always talk about Richie's stuff being a failure, and compared to Jovi I suppose it is. But to me his peers are Joe Perry, Phil Collen, Vivian Campbell, etc...guitarists from big old school rock bands that go solo tend to not have a huge amount of success. No one cares about all the side projects Phil Collen does, no one brought Vivian Campbell's album, Joe Perry can't even tour clubs without Aerosmith. No one would be interested in a solo album from The Edge either and he is one of the bigger guitar player names out there. All just speculation on my part of course, but Sambora does no worse than these guys, in fact I'd say he probably does better business. Definitely in the UK. But I guess the difference is that he doesn't have the main band to go back to anymore...

semigoodlooking 08-30-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1258641)
The few times we've seen him recently he's looking and sounding well.

We always talk about Richie's stuff being a failure, and compared to Jovi I suppose it is. But to me his peers are Joe Perry, Phil Collen, Vivian Campbell, etc...guitarists from big old school rock bands that go solo tend to not have a huge amount of success. No one cares about all the side projects Phil Collen does, no one brought Vivian Campbell's album, Joe Perry can't even tour clubs without Aerosmith. No one would be interested in a solo album from The Edge either and he is one of the bigger guitar player names out there. All just speculation on my part of course, but Sambora does no worse than these guys, in fact I'd say he probably does better business. Definitely in the UK. But I guess the difference is that he doesn't have the main band to go back to anymore...

You're completely right. Seb is also correct in that Richie has never properly come to terms with what he is as an artist. He touched it with Stranger though. I will turn up to Richie doing soulful/blues songs everytime, but won't turn up to him playing Sonny and Cher or chasing hits or modern sounds. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Richie turn up as a guitarist and with a different singer either, would be interesting.

Thinny 08-30-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1258642)
You're completely right. Seb is also correct in that Richie has never properly come to terms with what he is as an artist. He touched it with Stranger though. I will turn up to Richie doing soulful/blues songs everytime, but won't turn up to him playing Sonny and Cher or chasing hits or modern sounds. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Richie turn up as a guitarist and with a different singer either, would be interesting.

I think the reason for that its maybe because he has left it so long between each solo album. I think if he followed up stranger in 1992 instead of Keep The Faith it would have been a progression in that style.