Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

JackieBlue 10-28-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246178)
It's funny how at the Hall of Fame press conference when they were asked in Richie would be back in for the next album, Jon implied that the decision was up to Richie, when he clearly has no intention of asking him back. The man is constantly passing the buck...

Jon states that Richie never came to see them in 5 years...that works both ways...did Jon ever call to see how Richie was when he was clearly having a hard time (around 2014/15). No of course he didn't. If it was my friend of 30 years, I would have been on the phone immediately, regardless of when went on....that's what friends and families do...

Maybe Jon's phone "gave him the finger" too. Or he drowned it while he was trying to sing in the shower... :roll:

Eveline 10-28-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246179)
Maybe Jon's phone "gave him the finger" too. Or he drowned it while he was trying to sing in the shower... :roll:

Guess his ego is bigger than any sentiments. Look how he changed the person he'd foxhole with, too :3

Xavi 10-28-2018 12:19 PM

If you have a band with your friends and you play the smallest places around your town,the worst thing a member of the band can do to their partners is to no show up to the rehearses giving no explanations.
Then if you have a show and a few hours prior to play,the guitarist phones you saying his not going to show up at the show,what would you do?
Then,imagine you dont play in a band with your friends,imagine you play in one of the biggest bands in the world,so it is not a hobby anymore,its your work,and you dont go tho rehearse,and finally dont show up for a show with thousands of tickets sold,with many contracts signed..
How come you are going to phone that man to ask him how he is,if he didnt have the balls to call you to explain why he diddnt show up?

Thinny 10-28-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1246181)
If you have a band with your friends and you play the smallest places around your town,the worst thing a member of the band can do to their partners is to no show up to the rehearses giving no explanations.
Then if you have a show and a few hours prior to play,the guitarist phones you saying his not going to show up at the show,what would you do?
Then,imagine you dont play in a band with your friends,imagine you play in one of the biggest bands in the world,so it is not a hobby anymore,its your work,and you dont go tho rehearse,and finally dont show up for a show with thousands of tickets sold,with many contracts signed..
How come you are going to phone that man to ask him how he is,if he didnt have the balls to call you to explain why he diddnt show up?

You're missing the part when that person has been your friend/brother for 30 years and has been going through some shit recently. He doesn't show up for work and suddenly you don't care about them on a personal level? You don't want to make sure that they are ok?

I'm glad you're no friend of mine...

Eveline 10-28-2018 12:32 PM

I'm pretty convinced there had been many heated discussions between Jon and Richie before the latter 'simply didn't turn up.' They are grown-up men and they had already experienced the lack of communication that almost broke the band. I can't believe they'd have risked it again, not after what almost killed them. Just can't picture that, sorry. Guess this time it was who's more important in the band, hence who had the last word. I'm also convinced the whole *rushed* album and *rushed* tour to promote it wasn't necessarily a mutual decision. For us it's a big deal because it involves a sh*tload of money, big contracts and millions of fans. For them it was definitely more personal. They are those huge rock stars but they're human, first of all. And they have the same kind of probs in life, just multiplied but at the end of the day, it all comes down to me, myself, and I. So yes, I have to agree with Jon on one thing - if your heart's not in it anymore, then you just stop doing it. The band's dynamics definitely changed in the last few years. Hell, now when I think about it, whether Rich left before or after the tour, he'd still be the one to blame. There's no way out once you're considered the fans' property. Read on some other bands and stinky things happen in all of them. Some of them survived, some not, but the smell lingers long afterwards.

Xavi 10-28-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246182)
You're missing the part when that person has been your friend/brother for 30 years and has been going through some shit recently. He doesn't show up for work and suddenly you don't care about them on a personal level? You don't want to make sure that they are ok?

I'm glad you're no friend of mine...

Your missing the part when that friend has been by your side for 30 plus years,has been by your side when you had had problems recently as in 2007,2011 or even in 2013,and then he betrayed you this way..
Ive been by your side for 30 years and then you pay me back this way?
Yeah,your right,the word "friendship" is not the same for you than for me.
For me its a mutual thing,your there for me when i need you and im there for you when you need me.
For you its clear that friendship it is only receive,not to give.

Thinny 10-28-2018 01:25 PM

Obviously you guys have never had to deal with a close friend that has been suffering loss, depression (the real kind, not the fake social media kind), or substance abuse. You are lucky...but feel free to carry on living in your perfect little worlds, but for a lot of people real life just isn't like that...

Oh and if you think Tico and David really get any say in what happnes in camp Bon Jovi, think again...

Also, we know that Huey is still friends with Richie...why isn't he still pissed off at Richie? I think that speaks volumes about the type of guy Huey is...

Walleris 10-28-2018 02:05 PM

Great, now let's just start judging friendships of people we don't know personally while simultaneously making a thousand of assumptions and implications what a 'true brother' would do in a situation we know nothing about. Value added indeed.

Thinny 10-28-2018 02:07 PM

The majority of things here his speculation. It's a forum. That's how it works! if it didn't there would be virtually no conversations here...

No one is judging. It's a discussion. I guess some people can't handle that...

JackieBlue 10-28-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1246186)
Obviously you guys have never had to deal with a close friend that has been suffering loss, depression (the real kind, not the fake social media kind), or substance abuse. You are lucky...but feel free to carry on living in your perfect little worlds, but for a lot of people real life just isn't like that...

Oh and if you think Tico and David really get any say in what happnes in camp Bon Jovi, think again...

Also, we know that Huey is still friends with Richie...why isn't he still pissed off at Richie? I think that speaks volumes about the type of guy Huey is...

For the record, unless I missed it, Tico has managed to avoid saying anything negative about Richie, too. Not that it matters, because you're wasting your time, anyway. These guys are going to believe everything Jon says and nothing he doesn't. It's all crystal clear to them because Jon's word is gospel, no matter how many times he contradicts himself or rewrites history. It's all there in black and white. There's only one side to the story, and Jon has told us everything we need to know. Jon has never lied, never been disloyal, never let anybody down. He's never aired the band's dirty laundry. We know this, even if he's never said it in so many words, because Jon has said, over and over, that he has "integrity".

There's no need to consider anything beyond what Jon has spoon-fed us because... well, because he's Jon. And everybody knows that Jon always tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The Disciples of St. Jon the Immaculate have spoken.

"It's the written law... End of discussion!"