Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Rdkopper 08-04-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1243736)
Of course he says that. And maybe it's true. Or perhaps it isn't. But either way, would you respond any differently if you were in his shoes?

I doubt that Richie's waiting on a phone call that isn't coming any time soon. Not because I necessarily believe that Jon's going to call, but because I'm pretty sure that Richie knows the situation better than we do. And he knows Jon better than we do. And if chances are slim that he's gonna get call, then Richie probably accepted that fact a long time ago.

What do you mean "keeps on calling it an imitation"? The only time I remember Richie saying anything remotely similar to that was when he said fans wanted the real thing. And that was once, in 2013. Maybe I missed it, but as far as I know, in the past few years, he hasn't even commented on the current band beyond what he said in Rock Candy.

He made similar references a bunch of times

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 08-04-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243740)
He made similar references a bunch of times

I think you're mistaken; but I'm willing to be proven wrong. ;)

Rdkopper 08-04-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1243741)
I think you're mistaken; but I'm willing to be proven wrong. ;)

I've heard it mentioned at least three times... Knocking down Phil as well

JackieBlue 08-05-2018 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1243743)
I've heard it mentioned at least three times... Knocking down Phil as well

You may be right. I was wrong in thinking the Coke comment was was in 2013 and that it was only time he said something like that. It was actually in Feb 2014; but there was a similar comment in May of 2013 when he said Jon wanted to see if he could sell out stadiums by himself, but people had paid to see Bon Jovi and they weren't getting "the whole deal."

I also remember there was one interview where the guy asked him what he thought about Phil-X as his replacement and he said something like Phil's a good guitarist; but he's not the original, or he didn't write those songs, or something like that. Some people took that as a put-down; but I think it was just an awkward question. I'm not sure how else he could have answered it. And I know when he was interviewed about the RRHOF, he said "both Shanks and Phil-X are great guitarists, in their own right."

Unless you've heard him say something more recently, I'm still at a loss to see how 2 or 3 comments translates to he "keeps on" talking about the band being an imitation. But it's not that big a deal. That phrase just struck me as odd and I was curious.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-05-2018 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1243733)
So when it was demanded we have a thread strictly about Richie now that RSO is done is this why? So we can go around in circles. One side's "Richie is in shambles and the call ain't coming" and the other's "read between the lines". I thought this was going to be for new information, not the usual pile-on?

What about if we now demand this thread must be a sticky?

I mean... who cares talent shows or twitter??? -_-

YOVANAfromPeru 08-05-2018 05:34 AM

how appropriate! lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmDjbFVATJn/

DavetheGodofKeys 08-05-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1243752)

Hehe it was probably Richie's idea. :) take the hint Jon! :D

YOVANAfromPeru 08-05-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1243753)
Hehe it was probably Richie's idea. :) take the hint Jon! :D

Why?
For God or for the pic together? or both? >_< jajaj

Rdkopper 08-05-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1243747)
You may be right. I was wrong in thinking the Coke comment was was in 2013 and that it was only time he said something like that. It was actually in Feb 2014; but there was a similar comment in May of 2013 when he said Jon wanted to see if he could sell out stadiums by himself, but people had paid to see Bon Jovi and they weren't getting "the whole deal."

I also remember there was one interview where the guy asked him what he thought about Phil-X as his replacement and he said something like Phil's a good guitarist; but he's not the original, or he didn't write those songs, or something like that. Some people took that as a put-down; but I think it was just an awkward question. I'm not sure how else he could have answered it. And I know when he was interviewed about the RRHOF, he said "both Shanks and Phil-X are great guitarists, in their own right."

Unless you've heard him say something more recently, I'm still at a loss to see how 2 or 3 comments translates to he "keeps on" talking about the band being an imitation. But it's not that big a deal. That phrase just struck me as odd and I was curious.

Something is very off with all of this...

I could see saying 'it's not the real thing' if he was fired... but to leave on your own and then bash it is very odd to me...

It's almost like he wants the band to fail or break up...

† ÀžžÀ † 08-05-2018 12:57 PM

He didn’t leave the band willingly. He was too messed up to make Calgary, Jon flipped and hasn’t allowed him back.

I’m pretty sure he’d jump at the chance of a reunion but knows that call’s never coming.