Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If there's another BJ album... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70057)

BD135 07-17-2017 08:46 PM

If there's another BJ album...

..what kind of changes would you like to see? I'd like to see the result of Jon working with completely different writers. He might be the most comfortable working with Shanks and Falcon but I'd like to see some things shaken up. Maybe even collaborate with Phil X for a couple songs.

It's my faith 07-17-2017 09:10 PM

I would like them to experiment with their sound, even try a new style. I'm talking about something like Lost Highway, TLFR or an unplugged album, a piano driven album, an acoustic/nylon guitar album!

DavetheGodofKeys 07-17-2017 09:56 PM

I would love to see him collaborate with Desmond Child if he's still alive and I would also really like if he gets Dave more into the songwriting process

Rdkopper 07-17-2017 10:12 PM

I'd like a balls out studio album, even if he can't perform any of it live... I'd also like to see another producer step in and collaborate with Shanks mainly on the sound... I'd like a vocal coach to be in the studio so Jon can say 'get me to this level'... Even if he has to do one word at a time... In a studio, why can't Jon do another If I Was Your Mother or I Believe?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Becky 07-17-2017 10:27 PM

I want it to have nothing to do with politics so I can listen to it. I hate politics and the overtones of politics ruins The Circle for me. (I hate the Democrats and Republicans equally so the slant has no influence on my annoyance with political songs.)

I would also like to see Jon write alone or with some new blood like Phil X. Also, if John Shanks is going to fill the position of musician, they need to bring in a fresh producer. Maybe they should do that anyway.

I also like the idea of having a vocal coach involved. Maybe a psychiatrist is even more necessary than a coach. I think when Jon freely admits that Richie's leaving literally left him unable to sing, he needs counseling to get over the "divorce" and get his confidence back. The voice is probably there, buried under the baggage.

DavetheGodofKeys 07-17-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226252)
I'd like a balls out studio album, even if he can't perform any of it live... I'd also like to see another producer step in and collaborate with Shanks mainly on the sound... I'd like a vocal coach to be in the studio so Jon can say 'get me to this level'... Even if he has to do one word at a time... In a studio, why can't Jon do another If I Was Your Mother or I Believe?

If they release a balls out album and if it gets good reviews from fans they will eventually have to perform it live and here I see a problem. Nowadays Jon can't carry a simple tune like Bad Name or Who says and I don't see him singing any soNg as difficult as for example Hey god or These Days

Rdkopper 07-17-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1226254)
If they release a balls out album and if it gets good reviews from fans they will eventually have to perform it live and here I see a problem. Nowadays Jon can't carry a simple tune like Bad Name or Who says and I don't see him singing any soNg as difficult as for example Hey god or These Days

Not necessarily... He could do whatever he wants... Plus I never got that... There are a handful of songs on every album that doesn't get to see the light of day live...

rosa3 07-17-2017 10:50 PM

If Bon Jovi were to make another album again, the last thing I would do is come here to this board, after the craziness and negativity from the last album, the back and forth, whether Jon lost his voice, passion,or whatever, I don't need the headache again! I have been coming here lately because it has calmed down significantlly, but when new album comes out, forget it! all hell will break loose!

Captain_jovi 07-17-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa3 (Post 1226256)
If Bon Jovi were to make another album again, the last thing I would do is come here to this board, after the craziness and negativity from the last album, the back and forth, whether Jon lost his voice, passion,or whatever, I don't need the headache again! I have been coming here lately because it has calmed down significantlly, but when new album comes out, forget it! all hell will break loose!

No one is forcing you to come here and criticize anyone who has a different opinion than you. There's lots of positive message boards that do nothing but compliment the band and that's great too, so if you know how this place is why are you constantly looking down on everyone?

Becky 07-17-2017 11:23 PM

This House was pretty well received, other than a few people. People have always been very negative about live shows. Always.