Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   It's Boss Time (Bruce Rumors) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41692)

bjcrazycpa 07-14-2007 08:26 PM

I really want to try and get to a show on Bruce and the ESB's upcoming tour.

deb

SamboraQueen21 07-14-2007 08:59 PM

Bruce is on my "artists i want to see live before i die" list. I really need to move to NJ....

Crushgen24/88 07-15-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 763556)
I just stole and quoted it Maria - I didn't edit it or write it.

You have to understand that I've been a Springsteen fan since 1978 - a really long time. They were my first live show addiction - and back then shows were cheap and you could see your favorite band live quite frequently. Notice I said that was "just my opinion". I just posted this for Russ in a different thread:

I see Bruce live any chance I can get. Of the 10 nights he played at Giants Stadium in 2003 - I was there for 9 of them. The other night was a Bon Jovi concert in Philadelphia so I went to it instead LOL.

If you see Bruce live - or Southside Johnny for that matter - you would recognise where Jon got a lot of his stage presence. I'm not saying he copied them - but he relates to the audience in the same way.

For example - I was at a Rush conert last Sunday night and I was amazed at how many people just sat in their seats and didn't sing along. I am so used to Bruce and Bon Jovi shows where the audience is VERY involved.

As for as how he compares to Bon Jovi - I have to say that NOBODY puts on a better live show than Bruce. Keep in mind that music is what Bruce does - no acting - no football teams - he lives and breathes music. He does solo tours when he is not touring with the E Street Band. His music is darker than Bon Jovi music - no question - and sometimes that is appealing. If you want to see something of his show - go buy the Live in New York City DVD - you can get it used cheap. What a show LOL.

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Springst...4257429&sr=1-2

Kathleen

Walrus hit it.
I was reffereing to the "lkast tour" stuff.
Sorry bout the confusion.

spunkywho 07-15-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 763556)
I just stole and quoted it Maria - I didn't edit it or write it.

I know that Kathleen. I am also 'ok' with Seattle not being considered a 'major city'. I still have to point it out though!!! :p

Jim Bon Jovi 07-15-2007 06:17 PM

oooh hopefully they'll roll round europe in between my school placements at the end of the year.

a bunch of the guys i went to see roger waters with want to see bruce playing in amsterdam. i think it's an excellent idea :-)

Kathleen 07-15-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 763805)
oooh hopefully they'll roll round europe in between my school placements at the end of the year.

a bunch of the guys i went to see roger waters with want to see bruce playing in amsterdam. i think it's an excellent idea :-)

I would love to see Bruce in Europe somewhere. I understand that the crowd is very different - though I have a million videos that say Bruce is the same LOL. I might just be forced to find out this time since it really is the last tour :(

Kathleen

Jim Bon Jovi 07-15-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 763817)
I would love to see Bruce in Europe somewhere. I understand that the crowd is very different - though I have a million videos that say Bruce is the same LOL. I might just be forced to find out this time since it really is the last tour :(

Kathleen

ymmv depending on the band but my bro once interviewed a band touring from dallas over here and they said they liked the UK and europe because the crowds didn't give a **** and would always let their hair down whereas yanks were a bit more reserved and more self conscious at gigs.

i'd love to go to the dam to see bruce but if roger waters was anything to go by it'd be a train wreck. these guys are hardcore tokers and id have no chance of keeping up.

eriK 07-16-2007 08:57 PM

I will try to get tickets this time around. :cool:

asok80 07-17-2007 10:32 PM

Bruce and Jovi will make a huge dent in my bank account next year!! Hopefully Bruce will do a few indoor shows here in Europe (Sweden included) in December or so.
Kathleen: Italy or Sweden would be the best bets to see a "different" Bruce and E Street. Gothenburg 2003 is still considered one of the best shows on that tour.

Kathleen 07-17-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 764174)
Bruce and Jovi will make a huge dent in my bank account next year!! Hopefully Bruce will do a few indoor shows here in Europe (Sweden included) in December or so.
Kathleen: Italy or Sweden would be the best bets to see a "different" Bruce and E Street. Gothenburg 2003 is still considered one of the best shows on that tour.

Yeah - I have that Gothenburg show and it's excellent. I also have family in Italy and I could visit them AND see a Bruce show. It will depend on how badly my bank account has already been hit once I find out the dates. Just the Bon Jovi Newark shows have taken a big bite and the tour won't have even started yet.