Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Borderline Single Cover (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45661)

The Northern Cowboy 06-24-2008 03:35 AM

Borderline Single Cover

Hey JT! I recently ordered the Borderline single off Ebay and just received it today. However, my copy doesn't have a back cover. I was wondering if this was the case with all of them, or if the previous owner had taken it out before shipping it.

Thanks!

milomom 06-24-2008 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 848765)
Hey JT! I recently ordered the Borderline single off Ebay and just received it today. However, my copy doesn't have a back cover. I was wondering if this was the case with all of them, or if the previous owner had taken it out before shipping it.

Thanks!

Mine doesn't have a back cover either. (Most of my CD singles don't.) The catalog number on my Borderline is PHCR-8027.

The Northern Cowboy 06-24-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 848782)
Mine doesn't have a back cover either. (Most of my CD singles don't.) The catalog number on my Borderline is PHCR-8027.

I guess it doesn't have a back cover, then. It just appeared a bit odd because it came in a regular jewel case with nothing in the slot for the back cover.

FWIW, the catalog number on mine is PPDM-1002.

milomom 06-24-2008 08:00 AM

This is a great site to use for checking your Jovi "stuff" -

http://193.77.70.27/~bjdavidls/BJAIDB/

Shows photos of the item and the packaging!

Chica Guacamole 06-24-2008 12:28 PM

Mine doesn't have a back cover either.
Off-topic, but hey ho I'm really stupidly excited - I found a copy of 7800 on vinyl this morning! Plays perfectly, well chuffed:cool:

milomom 06-24-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 848830)
Mine doesn't have a back cover either.
Off-topic, but hey ho I'm really stupidly excited - I found a copy of 7800 on vinyl this morning! Plays perfectly, well chuffed:cool:

Vinyl . . . I remember vinyl! ;) Unfortunately, I don't have anything to play it on anymore. :(

Chica Guacamole 06-24-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 848857)
Vinyl . . . I remember vinyl! ;) Unfortunately, I don't have anything to play it on anymore. :(

That sucks! I wouldn't let my parents get rid of the turntable, so I've got something to play my collection on:)

milomom 06-24-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chica Guacamole (Post 848859)
That sucks! I wouldn't let my parents get rid of the turntable, so I've got something to play my collection on:)

Good for you. I'm going to have to haunt the re-sell-it shops until I find a decent one, because I keep seeing vinyl I'd like to get on eBay. I've even went ahead and bought a couple of old radio shows that were on vinyl, and all I can do right now is LOOK at them! LOL Not all that satisfying . . .

Kathleen 06-24-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 848857)

A favorite high end audio shop of mine closed 2 years ago. When they moved out they found stacks of vinyl they had forgotten they had - some of the original Led Zeppelin records. :)

We did an audio test with queing up the vinyl vs. queing up the cd and played them side by side (I have a very high end system in my living room). No way would I go back to vinyl - or even want any to play. There was no comparison in the sound.

If you're even considering Bon Jovi or 7800 (those first two particularly) - get the remasters from 98/99? They sound far better than the original vinyl that was just dumped onto CD.

milomom 06-24-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 848868)
A favorite high end audio shop of mine closed 2 years ago. When they moved out they found stacks of vinyl they had forgotten they had - some of the original Led Zeppelin records. :)

We did an audio test with queing up the vinyl vs. queing up the cd and played them side by side (I have a very high end system in my living room). No way would I go back to vinyl - or even want any to play. There was no comparison in the sound.

If you're even considering Bon Jovi or 7800 (those first two particularly) - get the remasters from 98/99? They sound far better than the original vinyl that was just dumped onto CD.

Since I bought all my stuff recently, I have the remasters of all the early albums. (Thursday marks the anniversary of my first Bon Jovi purchase. Busy year! LOL) Some of the novelty stuff that was released on vinyl early on is sort of tempting when I see it on eBay. Of course, I find LOTS of stuff on eBay tempting! I'm so weak . . .