Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official April 14, 2018, Public Auditorium, Cleveland, OH, U.S.A. thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70295)

Supersonic 04-11-2018 08:49 PM

The Official April 14, 2018, Public Auditorium, Cleveland, OH, U.S.A. thread

Aloha !

Bon Jovi have never played the Public Auditorium before. Last time the band played in Ohio was 2017 when they gave the audience a tour premiere with Captain Crash. None of all that matters though, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Blablabla more irrelevant facts. Here's my prediction:

1. It's My Life
2. Livin' On A Prayer
3. Wanted Dead Or Alive

Jon's voice will be dire, Richie will **** up a guitar solo and none of it will look anything like the Bon Jovi we hope will show up. The only thing to make things worse will be if the band does a medley.

Anyone else willing to take a guess as to what will happen?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

DavetheGodofKeys 04-11-2018 09:11 PM

Richie will look unimpressed. :D

TwinFan 04-11-2018 09:25 PM

three song set

1. who says
2. you can't
3. go home

DavetheGodofKeys 04-11-2018 09:40 PM

1. Prayer/Runaway
2. IML
3. Wanted/Faith

WhamATC 04-11-2018 10:01 PM

I think only 3 of the hits are gonna be played.

If I could choose the 3 songs.
WDOA
KTF
Runaway

Panda 04-11-2018 10:13 PM

Can you imagine if they played This House Is Not For Sale :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DavetheGodofKeys 04-11-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1238477)
Can you imagine if they played This House Is Not For Sale :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just imagine what will happen in this forum if they play, This House Is Not For Sale, Who Says and When We Were Us. :D

Xavi 04-11-2018 11:41 PM

1-Lost highway
2-Whole Lot Of Leavin
3-Who says you cant go home?

bonjovi90 04-12-2018 12:00 AM

Jon will start out with an intimate rendition of Amen, then the current band joins in with I Love This Town and they'll end with a rousing rendition of Who Says You Can't Go Home.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

angelsambo 04-12-2018 12:43 AM

1. Blood on Blood
2. Keep the Faith
3. Livin' On A Prayer

superkid 04-12-2018 04:03 AM

1. Runaway
2. Wanted
3. Livin' on a Prayer

Wanted and Prayer are both locks. For the other slot I think Runaway has the best shot, but It's My Life, Keep the Faith, and Blood on Blood are also possibilities. They also may jam at the end with the other artists that got in, if memory serves me correctly.

Walleris 04-12-2018 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1238477)

It would be almost obligatory to follow such choice with explanatory version of 'Because We Can'

YOVANAfromPeru 04-12-2018 07:43 AM

My prediction:
1. Livin' On A Prayer
2. Wanted Dead Or Alive

WILDJOVIMAN 04-12-2018 08:07 AM

they will suprise us
Setlist

FEAR
SECRED DREAMS
OPEN ALL NIGHT
PRAYER

Walleris 04-12-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1238455)
Jon's voice will be dire, Richie will **** up a guitar solo and none of it will look anything like the Bon Jovi we hope will show up. The only thing to make things worse will be if the band does a medley.

Didn't you criticize them for NOT doing a proper medley (and doing 3 separate songs instead) during the MTV EMAs in 2010 when they received that icon award? :D

Jeeper 04-12-2018 10:24 AM

My take on it:

Jon will rock up wearing a cravat and smoking jacket, his voice thinner than Graphene, his hair looking like it was brushed with a toffee apple, teeth whiter and larger than pieces of A4 paper.

Richie will forget the chords to Who Says and instead break into Dolly Parton’s version of LYHOM before launching into an impromptu stand-up routine, culminating with a chronological run through of all the songs he has ever written.

Alec will then emerge from the shadows, no bass in sight but instead announcing himself as the head of a Mexican Cartel, much to Richie’s delight. Hearing this, Hugh makes a beeline for the nearest exit door, almost tripping over the manikin, expressionless figure of John Shanks.

Amidst all the on stage confusion, Phil X seizes the moment and let’s loose with a spellbinding metal version of Love For Sale before sneaking in a Drills number which oddly gets the biggest round of applause of the night.

By this time Dave and Tico have already vacated the building leaving the broken figure of Jon Bon Jovi willing his failing voice into one final hurrah of I Love This Town.

Either that, or they’ll play

It’s My Life
Wanted
WSYCGH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 04-12-2018 12:42 PM

Genuinely had a dream I seen a 3 song setlist for this show consisting of
Prayer
Who Says
Wanted

So that's my prediction.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

symbeline 04-12-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1238513)
Alec will then emerge from the shadows, no bass in sight but instead announcing himself as the head of a Mexican Cartel, much to Richie’s delight. Hearing this, Hugh makes a beeline for the nearest exit door, almost tripping over the manikin, expressionless figure of John Shanks.

You got this part completely wrong. Hugh will silently stab everybody in the back while they are distracted and calmly walk to the mic and duet with a Nina Simone hologram. Which will go down in history as the best RNRHOF moment ever.

People tend to forget that Hugh was a hired assassin before joining Bon Jovi

DavetheGodofKeys 04-12-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1238517)
You got this part completely wrong. Hugh will silently stab everybody in the back while they are distracted and calmly walk to the mic and duet with a Nina Simone hologram. Which will go down in history as the best RNRHOF moment ever.

People tend to forget that Hugh was a hired assassin before joining Bon Jovi

No, Hugh is not even human. He is a robot who is made to play bass perfectly and to look completely bored on stage. When he makes even a slight mistake he is kicked into a cage and beaten by Jon.

symbeline 04-12-2018 01:13 PM

My predictions

1. It will be predictable
2. Someone will break into the HOF quarters post ceremony to steal the original recording so they can upload to YT and blame poor video quality and shitty audio for terrible Jon's vocals. Interestingly enough, nobody from the BJ camp will be interested in retrieving the original recording so the thieves will never be caught.
3. Somebody will kidnap all the professional techs so they can put random non tech people in charge of the guitars and blame them for Richie's mistakes. Strangely enough, Richie won't notice the swap or his mistakes.

bjcrazycpa 04-12-2018 01:16 PM

I'm just glad I'll be there!!

Walleris 04-12-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1238519)
My predictions

1. It will be predictable
2. Someone will break into the HOF quarters post ceremony to steal the original recording so they can upload to YT and blame poor video quality and shitty audio for terrible Jon's vocals. Interestingly enough, nobody from the BJ camp will be interested in retrieving the original recording so the thieves will never be caught.
3. Somebody will kidnap all the professional techs so they can put random non tech people in charge of the guitars and blame them for Richie's mistakes. Strangely enough, Richie won't notice the swap or his mistakes.

4. Alec will only play on one song (with Hugh on the other two), but on that song his bass won't be plugged in and Hugh will still be playing behind the curtain. Alec will not notice this and will think he sounds great, because he's a 'rockstar'.

TheOriginalJez 04-12-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1238513)
My take on it:

Jon will rock up wearing a cravat and smoking jacket, his voice thinner than Graphene, his hair looking like it was brushed with a toffee apple, teeth whiter and larger than pieces of A4 paper.

Richie will forget the chords to Who Says and instead break into Dolly Parton’s version of LYHOM before launching into an impromptu stand-up routine, culminating with a chronological run through of all the songs he has ever written.

Amidst all the on stage confusion, Phil X seizes the moment and let’s loose with a spellbinding metal version of Love For Sale before sneaking in a Drills number which oddly gets the biggest round of applause of the night.

By this time Dave and Tico have already vacated the building leaving the broken figure of Jon Bon Jovi willing his failing voice into one final hurrah of I Love This Town.

Either that, or they’ll play

It’s My Life
Wanted
WSYCGH.

A doff of the cap in your general direction, sir. I'm personally psyched up for finally getting a live extended version of King of the Mountain, followed by fifty choruses of Who Says.

If there's any justice in the world they'll do Wanted, Prayer and Faith - allowing Phil and Richie to duel on the outro of Faith but lets face it, it won't happen and if it did Richie'd probably drunkenly stumble all over it.

symbeline 04-12-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1238521)
4. Alec will only play on one song (with Hugh on the other two), but on that song his bass won't be plugged in and Hugh will still be playing behind the curtain. Alec will not notice this and will think he sounds great, because he's a 'rockstar'.

5.Jon will have a meltdown on stage and get stuck on a loop in the It's Alrights. After hearing the 289,563 one, everybody will leave the stage, the public will also leave, all personnel, etc. leaving Jon to out-It's Alright himself to get one last audience reaction. Finally, after approximately 11 years and having tried every trick in the book (even resorting to stripping to get that one last housewife "he's so hot" FB comment, without knowing that FB and housewives don't exist anymore), the rest of the band, with Richie back on-board as the lead singer, will decide that enough is enough and will commit Jon to a mental institution. He'll go down kicking and screaming "It's Alright" and will never be seen or heard again, thus ending his career with a bang and a anecdote that will further his myth.

bonjovi90 04-12-2018 02:43 PM

*Waiting for rosa to finally join in and tell us that we're no fans because we're trashing the band instead of being happy that they're still around*

Walleris 04-12-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1238524)
*Waiting for rosa to finally join in and tell us that we're no fans because we're trashing the band instead of being happy that they're still around*

You are an asshole and a hater.

DavetheGodofKeys 04-12-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1238525)

Rosa, is that you? :)

bwehehehe 04-12-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1238525)

And you will call Jon's effort 120% unsustainable, while some of us are placing his voice under an electron microscope.

"Jon hit that note better than in Las Vegas!"

united17 04-12-2018 06:24 PM

my prediction:
We Dont Run x2 like we got in bangkok 2015
Knockout

Kev 04-12-2018 06:34 PM

Original band members:
1. Prayer
2. Wanted

New band members:
3. This House Is Not For Sale

jesyjames 04-12-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 1238533)
Original band members:
1. Prayer
2. Wanted

New band members:
3. This House Is Not For Sale

It terrifies me to say this, but I think there's a real chance Lost Highway gets played. For reasons I don't quiet understand, Jon loves that song. I seem to remember him saying it's his favorite song he's ever written.

I am certain we will see Wanted/IML. The 3rd song is kind of up in the air. Could be something more recent to "prove" they are still relevant, could be Prayer, could be WSYCGH.

Falco 04-12-2018 09:44 PM

I think one song with the original members, one song with the current line up and I think closing the set with a 10 minute long version of Keep The Faith would be amazing. Have everyone come together and jam out.

steel_horse75 04-12-2018 09:47 PM

Only JBJ thinks who says is a good song. It’s not. It’s utter 5hit.

My prediction

Prayer
Runaway
Wanted

Nothing of last 5 albums is good enough, known enough or is interesting enough except IML.

DavetheGodofKeys 04-12-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1238539)

My prediction

Prayer
Runaway
Wanted

Nothing of last 5 albums is good enough, known enough or is interesting enough except IML.

I actually kinda like Who Says, don't know why.

Captain_jovi 04-12-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1238539)

My prediction

Prayer
Runaway
Wanted

Nope, you're being stubborn. Who Says was the last hit they've had in America. I get not liking it but man you're re-writing history to fit your viewpoint.

WhamATC 04-12-2018 11:18 PM

I like Who Says but I really dislike the "S'alright" parts.

TheseDaysEra 04-13-2018 12:22 AM

1 - Whole lotta leaving
2 - Lost Highway
3 - I Love This Town

because Lost High is an absolute masterpiece.

No seriously, it'll be something like prayer/wanted/IML.
The only good thing that could come out of this silly ceremony would be Richie re-joining the band. I know it's not happening but it's all I'd hope for, ideally.

Rdkopper 04-13-2018 03:12 AM

In no order...

1. I think It's My Life is a Guarantee for obvious reasons...

2. Prayer or Bad Name? First number 1 or biggest hit ever? I say biggest hit ever, Prayer!

So IML and Prayer guarantee number one and two...

Now the 3rd choice is tough.. Do you go back to the beginning with Runaway? Do you go to the now and play This House or When We Were Us? Do you hit the 90s with Always or BOR? I say with a huge band up there and Jon's voice, that'll eliminate the 90s ballads... Who Says was the first number 1 country hit by a rock band...

Unfortunately you have to play with what the HOF represents...

Prayer
It's My Life
Who Says

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 04-13-2018 03:16 AM

With Hugh there I would imagine one post 2000 song. I'm sticking with IML, Prayer and Wanted. IML had a bigger impact than Who Says. If it's 2 80's songs Prayer has to be one and I can see Wanted over Bad name.

Rdkopper 04-13-2018 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1238553)
With Hugh there I would imagine one post 2000 song. I'm sticking with IML, Prayer and Wanted. IML had a bigger impact than Who Says. If it's 2 80's songs Prayer has to be one and I can see Wanted over Bad name.

No way 2 songs from the 80's from the same album. It's about history and growth...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk