Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Darkness Gay Rock? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=17304)

Dawn 10-03-2003 10:23 PM

Darkness Gay Rock?

I know JBJ said he had the Darkness new album and he didnt want to grow his hair long again etc.

I dont think the Darkness represent what Jovi was or is, no where near it.

The Darkness lead singer sounds like a choir boy half the time and whats with the pink flower tattoo on his arm, throw in the pink pants and wiggling his butt on stage , he looks and sounds gay to me.

I dont know what to call that kind of music, gay indie punk rock ?

Dawn

Kev Bee 10-03-2003 10:38 PM

Okay, The Darkness music is classed as ahem...."C**k Rock"

The biggest ahem...."C**k Rock" band of all time??? Queen, and thats not an insult, that a compliment cos Queen are joint best band in the world with the Jovi ( couldn't bring myself to say Jovi were 2nd! Sorry )

Infact, Justin Hawkins, the singer, sounds so much like Freddie when he starts his falsetto notes.

The spandex suits are just for image i suppose, they say in interviews that they just enjoy having fun!

Justin is not gay, he is married with a child, he actually said in an interview that the world was shocked when freddie came out, the world will be shocked when i tell them i'm straight.

They are gonna be one of the biggest rock bands of all time!

In a world where we have bands like coldplay, radiohead, the manics, rock bands which can be very doom and gloom ( don't get me wrong, i love those bands ), it a breath of fresh air to have someone come along and just enjoy making fun music.

Mike 10-03-2003 10:58 PM

I watched Darkness on TOTP & was impressed - they were very good - with loads of guitar!! A complete contrast & a breath of fresh air to the other crap on there.

Sweet_Emotion84 10-03-2003 11:37 PM

exsqueeze me here...*ahem* who are The Darkness? i've seen them mentioned several times on here...this is one that i'm in the dark about...(no pun intended, i swear!!)

tawtami 10-03-2003 11:52 PM

thewyure at number 2 in the american chart at the moment.......

and theyre british....

Sweet_Emotion84 10-03-2003 11:57 PM

hmmm....where've i been then?? lol

tawtami 10-04-2003 12:04 AM

lol... i dunno..... :S

they are cool...

the spandex is just a gimmick by the way... they said they wanna do somethign else soon....

spunkywho 10-04-2003 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Emotion84
exsqueeze me here...*ahem* who are The Darkness? i've seen them mentioned several times on here...this is one that i'm in the dark about...(no pun intended, i swear!!)

scroll down to "Darkness Pictures" to get a visual :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Emotion84
hmmm....where've i been then?? lol

ha, ha, happens to me all the time too. I thought it was my age, but you prove that might not be it :) wehw, feel better now. ;)

Mousebounce 10-04-2003 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tawtami
thewyure at number 2 in the american chart at the moment.......

and theyre british....

They are??? :shock: I have never even heard of them. :?

Sweet_Emotion84 10-04-2003 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
They are??? :shock: I have never even heard of them. :?

Oh good, I'm not the only one!! Yay!!