Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who will win the Champions League this season? ('14-'15) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68714)

mo_rizwan 10-28-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1181838)
Anyhow - this time I won't write a detailed analysis because I am pretty much certain Bayern will take it home!

I think sometimes you should stay away from making biased predictions. Only a few months ago, you were confident that they would be the first team to retain it lol

Remember, it's Champions League.....a competition with many surprises.

If anyone deserves to be the first team to retain it, it should be Real imo (due to their History in the competition). But I don't see it happenin' this year. Desperately wanted Atletico to win that Final last year.

Anyways, for now, I'm already gonna rule out Barcelona. Just don't think the team is the same anymore since Guardiola left.

Surprise Factor this year will go to Chelsea. Wouldn't rule them out on nicking this. It's what Mourinho's desperate for (winning it with 3 different teams). And they're currently flying in the Premier League.

As for my beloved Arsenal.......well, I'm gonna choose not to say anything for now lol

KSantaFe 10-28-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1182940)
As for my beloved Arsenal.......well, I'm gonna choose not to say anything for now lol

Ahhh ... another fellow Gooner. Hard work isn't it? ;)

mo_rizwan 10-28-2014 10:42 AM

TBH, I just want Wenger gone, but a lot of Gooners disagree with me 'cause they think the sun shines out of his backside lol

KSantaFe 10-28-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1182945)
TBH, I just want Wenger gone, but a lot of Gooners disagree with me 'cause they think the sun shines out of his backside lol

Sorry man, long-time Wenger supporter here. I can understand the frustration, but I honestly see the post-Emirates stadium transitional period over, and a better financial position on the horizon. I mean, I wasn't huge on the signings of Alexis, Chambers and Welbeck, but they've worked out splendidly thus far.

If we don't win anything this season, and there isn't a defensive player signed in January then I think it'd be time for Wenger to make the decision to move on.

Despite the rocky start, I honestly do think this is the best Arsenal side in 5 or so years. They just need a CDM, CB and I wouldn't mind another CF ;)

KS

DevilsSon 11-02-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1182940)
I think sometimes you should stay away from making biased predictions. Only a few months ago, you were confident that they would be the first team to retain it lol

While it's biased indeed as much as it's my favourite team for 19 years now, I think Bayern is top favourite in everyone's book. If anything, it's the most realistic prediction at the moment. It's still a cup competition, I agree, so in theory, anyone could snatch it, but by no means is it any far-fetched assumption to bet on them (which I won't because they always lose when I bet!)

Also, last year I was pretty close, no? And if you look at the history of this thread, I never said they'd win it in the mid 2000s...when I knew we were underdogs at best.

Right now, we are the most complete side in Europe. Period. No bias there. Just pure objective assessment.

DevilsSon 12-16-2014 09:46 PM

Bayern - Donetsk
Real - Schalke
Chelsea - PSG
Barcelona- City
Arsenal - Monaco
Leverkusen - Atletico
Dortmund- Juventus
Porto - Basel

Winners in bold! I will bet £10 on these all to happen :D

DevilsSon 03-12-2015 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1183974)
Bayern - Donetsk
Real - Schalke
Chelsea - PSG
Barcelona- City
Arsenal - Monaco
Leverkusen - Atletico
Dortmund- Juventus
Porto - Basel

Winners in bold! I will bet £10 on these all to happen :D

Damn it PSG. Really happy for you but this would have made me $$$ Anyhow, Arsenal will go out too so I wouldn't have had a chance anyhow...

What games though. What god damn games. Schalke yesterday and PSG today. Kudos to these two teams!

KSantaFe 03-12-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1186067)
Damn it PSG. Really happy for you but this would have made me $$$ Anyhow, Arsenal will go out too so I wouldn't have had a chance anyhow...

What games though. What god damn games. Schalke yesterday and PSG today. Kudos to these two teams!

I think that if Schalke proved anything, it's that anything's possible - Arsenal ain't out yet. Or maybe it's wishful thinking - although downing Man Utd in the FA Cup is great for the confidence.

Chelsea had it coming - what horrible sportsmanship and behaviour. The ref was terrible! Blanc's tactics were superb.

mo_rizwan 03-15-2015 03:19 AM

A bit off-topic, but what did everyone make of the Chelsea-Racism fiasco? Is it a football issue or a society issue?

Where I work (as a Steward at a few Football Matches in and around London) most people believe that Chelsea have had a history of Racism.....

liljovi93 03-15-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 1186113)
A bit off-topic, but what did everyone make of the Chelsea-Racism fiasco? Is it a football issue or a society issue?

Where I work (as a Steward at a few Football Matches in and around London) most people believe that Chelsea have had a history of Racism issues.....

Both. It's happening more and more at football matches and it's happening more and more as a society.

I hate racism. I hate it with a passion and I think anyone who even thinks it's remotely funny to call people racist remarks deserves everything they get (as a punishment.)

Whether it be someone white, black, chinese, asian etc.. It is happening everywhere lately and it's quite frightening.