Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi in New Orleans (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47568)

milomom 02-06-2009 06:26 AM

Bon Jovi in New Orleans

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/conte...3b921015721b94

Bon Jovi Added To Jazz Fest Lineup
February 06, 2009 - Touring | Jazz | Rock and Pop

By Mitchell Peters, L.A.

Bon Jovi has been added to the lineup of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this spring. The rock act will make its first appearance at the festival on May 2.

Bon Jovi joins previously announced performers Aretha Franklin, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco, James Taylor, Wynton Marsalis, Kings Of Leon, Tony Bennett, the Neville Brothers and Sugarland. Another significant addition will be announced in the coming week, according to organizers.

This year’s Jazz Fest will be held the weekends of April 24-26 and April 30-May 3 at Fair Grounds Race Course. For ticket information, visit
NOJazzFest.com.

Also confirmed to appear at the event are Bonnie Raitt, Earth, Wind & Fire, Joe Cocker, Ben Harper, Erykah Badu, Etta James, Pete Seeger, Spoon, Common, Emmylou Harris, Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, Buddy Guy, Julian Marley, Los Lobos, Drive-By Truckers with Booker T. Jones and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings.

On the festival's opening day, New Orleans native Marsalis will perform the composition "Congo Square," featuring the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Yacub Addy and Odadaa!.

As previously reported, Bon Jovi has been filming a documentary and mixing a live DVD of its “Lost Highway” concert tour.

"Also, I think we're looking at doing a greatest hits album next year. Jon and I are writing some new songs for it and to just load up for the next Bon Jovi record," Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora told Billboard.com last November.

Sambora said he expects the DVD and best-of effort to be packaged together for a fall 2009 street date. The Nashville-tinged "Lost Highway" was a critical and commercial success, but Sambora says the band won't necessarily return to that style again.

liljovi93 02-06-2009 08:37 AM

Good news. Anything to keep Jons voice in good shape is good :)

KeepTheFaith2211 02-06-2009 12:03 PM

Excellent news. If it's the full band then that's always good.

Captain Walrus 02-06-2009 12:38 PM

Ah, good stuff that they should release a GH/DVD this year and an album next year ... no need to rush it

milomom 02-06-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 904889)
Ah, good stuff that they should release a GH/DVD this year and an album next year ... no need to rush it

Those quotes from Richie are from November. Who knows if that's still the plan or not. We seem to get a different story every time one of the guys is interviewed.

RSROCKS 02-06-2009 03:47 PM

Anybody think a new song might make its' debut?

severo17 02-06-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 904905)
Anybody think a new song might make it's debut?

Don't know :S
I hope so. It would be awesome (if the song was great, of course) :p

Simon 02-06-2009 04:42 PM

It's more likely to get a greatest hits performance. But as long as they keep playing... cool.

On the other hand - if they are including new songs on the GH, something MIGHT make an appearance. Would be thrilling.

KeepTheFaith2211 02-06-2009 07:41 PM

Oh a new song would be great. Seems possible but a GH set is the most likely I guess.

Captain Walrus 02-06-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 904893)
Those quotes from Richie are from November. Who knows if that's still the plan or not. We seem to get a different story every time one of the guys is interviewed.

Bah, dont bring me down! :p

Oooh, I never even considered the possibility they might debut some new stuff! That would be awesome