Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Distance & Love me back to Life. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=2577)

Bongiovi 10-10-2002 02:00 AM

The Distance & Love me back to Life.

I was wondering what people thought of the similarities between these 2 songs. To me they sound a lot alike. If you doubt me just listen to the chorus from one and then listen to the chorus from the other and then decide.

Jovi-obsession 10-10-2002 02:08 AM

I just noticed today that the choruses are very similar. I was going to post it, but you beat me to the punch! :lol: It's not enought o upset me at all, but enough that I noticed.

KTF!

RyanBounce04 10-10-2002 02:37 AM

yea

The orchestra parts are almost exactley the same.....
I noticed that, but overall they are pretty similar.

BOUNCE,
Ryan

ShaSha 10-10-2002 02:40 AM

You're right, they do sound similar. But I love them both so it doesn't bother me! :wink:

Becky 10-10-2002 02:47 AM

How odd. I don't notice the similarity. In fact, The Distance is my favorite of the new songs and Love Me Back to Life is my least favorite. :?

Becky

Thunderwing 10-10-2002 03:37 AM

Those are my two favorite songs so far, and I think they are very similar, but the more I listen to them the more they start to sound different. Anyway, I think they're both wonderful songs that could be huge hits if they were released as singles.

Chris

DeanieCola 10-10-2002 04:28 AM

I thought that there were simularities. mostly, those two seemed to me, that they are great because of the awsome background music behind the choruses. I think both wouldn't be that great but they are so rocking at those parts (the strings, guitars, drums) that I totally love them.

jovi29579 10-10-2002 05:18 AM

As I said on here a few weeks ago, I thought they sounded alike but I knew I wouldnt think that once I got to know each song well. I dont think of them as alike at all now, it hasnt crossed my mind in a few weeks till I read this post

Mike 10-10-2002 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi29579
As I said on here a few weeks ago, I thought they sounded alike but I knew I wouldnt think that once I got to know each song well. I dont think of them as alike at all now, it hasnt crossed my mind in a few weeks till I read this post

I agree - On first hearing they sound similar, however now I have got to know them, I don't even think about it anymore - they do sound completely different.

Mike

Irishshin 10-10-2002 02:38 PM

At first I also thought they did sound a little alike but now I think they are two completely different songs too.

My favourite song is The Distance, I love that song so much! But I also Love Me Back To Life too!

Jovi-obsession 10-12-2002 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderwing
Those are my two favorite songs so far, and I think they are very similar, but the more I listen to them the more they start to sound different.

I agree. I've been listening to this non-stop since Tuesday and I am starting to notice that they are slowly starting to sound dis-similar. I guess you notice it more in the beginning while you are excited to hear the songs and you try to take them all in at once, but after while you slow down and really start to appreciate each song for their individual characteristics and any similarities tend to blend away.

They're both fantastic songs. The Distance is definitely my favorite from the album. I really think they should release that one as a single.

KTF!

Rune 10-12-2002 06:06 PM

Yeah, they're twins :lol: Especially the intro is simillair...

Billy Kid 10-12-2002 06:21 PM

"The Distance" is much better than "Love Me Back To Life"

"Love Me Back" sound like Jon singing for ugh.... Creed. :(
________
lamborghini wiki

Rune 10-12-2002 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Kid
"The Distance" is much better than "Love Me Back To Life"

"Love Me Back" sound like Jon singing for ugh.... Creed. :(

I like Creed as well as Love Me Back To Life...

Jay 10-13-2002 02:09 AM

But all Creed's songs sound just alike. I'm tired of hearing the same material over and over and over again.

walter 10-13-2002 11:18 AM

it happened in the past, with Bad Name and Love Is War, they were similar, same chords progression, same chorus... but we don't give a damn! if the song is good, that's all that really matters!

Christo 10-13-2002 11:49 AM

Who cares if they sound similar? They're both good songs, so enjoy them both in their own way.

By the way, Creed's songs do NOT all sound the same. Why do people bag Creed so much here. I think they're bloody unreal!

Dan 10-13-2002 12:05 PM

hey,
I don't know about them being too similar, but I like them both, and the distance has really been growing on me lately...its climbing up the favourites list.

Jovi-obsession 10-13-2002 06:44 PM

Don't let my roommate see us talking about Creed... :lol: she loves them like I love Bon Jovi. Funny thing though...she used to love Bon Jovi best but she starting dating a Creed fan and now she switched... She was a die hard NJ Devils fan too and now she's a NY Rangers fan for the same reason... Kind of sad...

I like Creed, but not that much. They're songs can tend to sound alike. Scott Stapp's voice has a certain quality to it, but not much versatility. Jon can sing 3 different ballads and have them sound like 3 very different songs, but with Scott it would sound like the same song with different melodies because his voice always sounds the same.

KTF!