Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Spidey5150 05-01-2013 07:10 PM

Guns n' Roses just announced a show in Buffalo June 5th! I'm very pumped. Apparently it's their first gig here since 1992. For many members in the band it'll be their first gig here overall. Tickets go on sale on Friday and I'll definitely be acquiring one.

Raz0r 05-05-2013 04:15 AM

Last show I went to was Bon Jovi during the Have a Nice Day tour. My wife got pregnant shortly after that, so I've had little time to catch a show since. Though Def Leppard will be coming close to here in a few months, and they have Slash opening for them. I might not be able to pass on that, even though its a bit of a hike.

BJ puts on a hell of a live show, but I don't think I'll go see them again. It's just way to expensive.

Raz0r 05-21-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxannah (Post 1121504)
Def Leppard & Whitesnake & Europe ~ June 28th at Santiago de Compostela, Spain. they're having 4, 4! dates in Spain and none here :puppydog:

i'm quite excited for this because i've never seen Europe live and this gig is 2 days after Bon Jovi's gig in Lisbon. it will be a good week, à la Manchester 2008. i don't think i've ever had an album night at any concert and it's pretty cool that Hysteria will be my first. i also hope to get Foolin' for the first time.

I wanted so badly to go to that show, Santiago is my home town and I love all 3 bands. Unfortunately I'm living in the States now and won't be able to visit Spain for a while. :(

Def Lep will be heading my way in July though, and Slash will be opening for them, which is cool because I'm also big Slash fan. But I really wanted to see Europe too. I loved their last album, Bag of Bones.

Sambo-Chris 05-21-2013 07:41 PM

The gaslight anthem Würzburg 13.8.13

Roxannah 06-09-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1131367)
I wanted so badly to go to that show, Santiago is my home town and I love all 3 bands. Unfortunately I'm living in the States now and won't be able to visit Spain for a while. :(

Def Lep will be heading my way in July though, and Slash will be opening for them, which is cool because I'm also big Slash fan. But I really wanted to see Europe too. I loved their last album, Bag of Bones.

well, you won't be missing out on the Lepps and will still see Slash as a bonus, not all is lost :) it will be my first time in Santiago too, so that should be good.

do you happen to know if it's possible to switch between the standing area and the seated area at the Multiusos Fontes do Sar? my friend got tickets for the seated area without consulting me and i feel i could kill her. i just can't seem to enjoy a concert in the stands. since the tricket price for both areas is the same, i'm kinda hoping.

Spidey5150 06-14-2013 10:22 PM

Seeing The Shock Therapy Tour with Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper tonight in Buffalo! Alice Cooper has Orianthi slinging axe for him. I'm very excited. Unfortunately I wasn't able to talk any of my friends into going with me. I think Manson scares them. Pussies. Cooper did an interview with a local paper where he said he hopes for and anticipates a return of "that Motley Crue, Bon Jovi era" when talking about how much better rock was in the 80's versus today.

Also, the Guns n' Roses concert I saw last week was phenomenal. Axl's voice, while not 100%, was very strong and though he struggled at certain moments there were songs, notably Nighttrain, that he absolutely nailed perfectly. And I have no idea how he's so fat b/c he's all over that stage. Probably moves more in one song than Jon does in an entire show. He's a great frontman, and his hired guns were all phenomenal. I do love me some DJ Ashba.

ezearis 06-28-2013 07:38 PM

Aerosmith and MUSE just confirmed their dates here, tickets aren't on sale yet but I'm SO GOING to those two.

MrBrownstone 06-28-2013 08:01 PM

Soundgarden in Birmingham.

Spidey5150 07-27-2013 11:40 PM

Any fans of old school R&B / Hop-Hop? Bell Biv DeVoe is playing a free show in Buffalo tonight. I'm going. I only know 2 songs of theirs but I know it'll be a ton of fun and I'm very excited

crashed 08-10-2013 03:06 PM

Emma's Imagination last night in Glasgow.

She won a talent show a few years ago - a sort of anti X-Factor which was shown on Sky and featured only real musicians playing their own songs - and she eventually got signed to Gary Barlow's record label, but the first album was very overproduced for the sort of cool acoustic stuff she does best.

She's now got her own label after Barlow closed his down, and gone back to her roots, and last night's show was pretty spellbinding stuff even though she only played for an hour.

I've never watched a show so mesmerising where I didn't want to hear a pin drop, or even sing-along to the songs I knew because I just wanted to listen to her voice.

Her cover of the Deftones is very cool too.