Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Goldsausage 09-24-2009 10:33 PM

Heh that's weird - it was only yesterday that I decided to check out some Southside Johnny!

Checked their UK dates straight after I listened to like 2 songs, they grabbed my attention fast :p

Unfortunatly, I don't think I can go to any this year :( Hopefully they'll come back soon.

Oh and Joe - this just adds to the long, long, long list of reasons to hate you :p

milomom 09-24-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 944136)
you should come to uk to see them then!

I think I can manage a trip to NJ/NYC a little more economically, but seeing them in the UK would be a blast! I've seen Southside Johnny with LaBamba's Big Band for the Grapefruit Moon show, and I saw most of the Jukes with JBJ at the fan club show. But I'm dying to see the real deal -- Southside with the Jukes! The bootlegs are great, but I want to BE THERE. I'm hoping for January at BB King's in NYC.

Kathleen 09-24-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 944143)
I'm hoping for January at BB King's in NYC.

I'm hoping that you can make it for that show too Terri. We already have 3 people going to the show. One more would make it - um - 4 :p

Do you have a dog show at that time or would you drive up (or fly up) just for the show?

Kev 09-25-2009 07:13 AM

Nickelback at Liverpool Echo Arena :D

C'monFeet 09-25-2009 11:06 PM

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star, Live & Complete & Hammersmith Odeon.

Could not be more excited.

If you don't know it, and you like music to surprise, and challenge, and rock, listen to this record!!!!

"Sometimes," Todd Rundgren sang, "I don't know what to feel." But sometimes you do know what to feel. And right now I feel like saying what I've contended for many years, which is that Rundgren's A Wizard, A True Star is simply The Greatest Album Ever Made.

You heard me right, pardner. Better than Pet Sounds. Better than OK Computer. Certainly better than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Farts Dub Band. An album of vaulting ambition - of wizardry and true stardom - released into an unsuspecting world by a contrary, super-precocious wonderboy who should have been the biggest thing to happen in the '70s but who was just too complex and polymorphous for lasting pop success.

A Wizard, A True Star came out 35 years ago but still sounds more bravely futuristic than any ostensibly cutting-edge electro-pop being made in the 21st Century. A dizzying, intoxicating rollercoaster ride of emotions and genre mutations, the album was substantially the work of Rundgren himself, pieced together in late 1972 at his own Secret Sound studio on NYC's West 24th Street.

(An except from a an article written by Barney Hoskyns for Mojo magazine March 2003)

It actually IS better than Pet Sounds!

C'monFeet 09-25-2009 11:13 PM

Brendan Benson.

Got my credit card out tonight.

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 09-26-2009 07:40 PM

jeff Beck/Clapton at the o2 feb 13th, thaats my 18th birthday sorted then:D

Panda 10-02-2009 08:12 PM

Def leopard with cheap trick @ the Calgary saddledome
:D

milomom 10-07-2009 09:51 PM

Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam - 12/3 at The Loft in Atlanta.

No travel required for this show. It is literally 3 blocks from my office! :D

spunkywho 10-10-2009 09:13 AM

Pearl Jam = Kick off show #2 in Seattle, Key Arena.

why do guys bring their stupid lame ass girlfriends who only know one song and pout if the do not play Alive for the bicillionth time?

Nobody does it like Ed!!!!