Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Kathleen 01-13-2012 11:22 PM

Got tickets - whoohoo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1078439)
Gonna be buying (in 2 days when they go onsale) tickets for the Guster acoustic project. They were so good in November when I saw them that I will be happy to see them again. They are a band that just keeps getting better and better.

I didn't think much of them when I first saw them (in 2003 I think) but they are almost a different band now and they sound terrific. Especially if you like good acoustic harmony. Ryan's (the lead singer) voice has also improved over the years.

Jim Bon Jovi 01-13-2012 11:47 PM

Just realised that my Explosions in the Sky tickets were only £22 not £35 which is a nice drunken purchase win. :)

RSROCKS 01-27-2012 08:07 PM

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Boom!

Kathleen 01-27-2012 09:03 PM

Spent all day trying to get Bruce tickets - I won some and lost some. Stub Hub here I come :(

Sambo-Chris 01-27-2012 09:48 PM

Bamboozle.

Just got Tickets for Bruce in Florida.

milomom 01-30-2012 06:32 AM

Not only did I NOT get tix for Bruce on Friday (insert bad words here), tonight I learned that my Southside Johnny show on Valentine's Day in North Carolina isn't happening after all. Nevermind that I already bought a ticket. :(

life_of_agony 01-31-2012 10:28 AM

OK....so my mega cool wife has just bought me tickets to see Motley Crue in Vegas on the 17th. She has organised flights and a 4 night stop over. You know your wife is cool when she lets you fly from Australia to Vegas solo to see a band you love. This time in 2 weeks I will be on the plane. Excited doesn't even come close...
Even if I caught my missus cheating on me now, she would just need to say "I let you see The Crue in Vegas" and I would have to forgive her and let her carry on...

bonjovi821 02-01-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1079057)
OK....so my mega cool wife has just bought me tickets to see Motley Crue in Vegas on the 17th. She has organised flights and a 4 night stop over. You know your wife is cool when she lets you fly from Australia to Vegas solo to see a band you love. This time in 2 weeks I will be on the plane. Excited doesn't even come close...
Even if I caught my missus cheating on me now, she would just need to say "I let you see The Crue in Vegas" and I would have to forgive her and let her carry on...

Lucky! Really savor this performance, there's been talk from all the members of Crue of going their separate ways very soon. I saw Vince Neil do a solo show about 2 months ago and he was really great, he sounded a lot better than he did when I saw Crue together 6 months prior.

Budge 02-01-2012 01:57 PM

Bamboozle :D

The Stone Roses, Manchester 1st July.

Rewind The 80's. :Fade-col: Henley-on-Thames. 18-19 Aug
Featured artists:- The Bangles, Kool & the Gang, Rick Astley, Soul 2 Soul, 5-Star, Heather Small, Starship, Jimmy Somerville, Sinitta, Right Said Fred, Dr. and the Medics, OMD, Lightning Seeds, Roland Gift, Tony Hadley, The Straits, Wang-Chung, Marc Almond, John Parr, Midge Ure, The Christians, T'pau, Grandmaster Flash. + a special guest still to be announced.

Ha.. Can't wait.

life_of_agony 02-02-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1079067)
Lucky! Really savor this performance, there's been talk from all the members of Crue of going their separate ways very soon. I saw Vince Neil do a solo show about 2 months ago and he was really great, he sounded a lot better than he did when I saw Crue together 6 months prior.

Yeah, definitely going to savour this one. I still can't believe my wife is letting me fly to Vegas for this. I saw The Crue a few months ago in Australia, but this is gonna be huge. Loved 'em since I was 7, they were the second band I got into after Jovi. Bring it on!