Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54573)

Thunderstrucker 11-22-2012 10:28 PM

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day

Hey all,

I really am not sure how much 'polishing' it got in the studio but the entire show is solid as a rock. I got the DVD and ripped the audio and I really play it a lot! The audio is mixed perfectly and what I personally really like is that the bass is quite strong in the mix.
With the encore being 'Rock and Roll' I could not think of many other songs that can end a show like this.

It will be officially released soon and I cannot wait for my 2CD+Bluray-set.
Anyone else looking forward to this?

I salute you,
TS

Panda 11-22-2012 11:11 PM

Isn't it already officially released? I swear I saw it a few days ago at HMV.

Thunderstrucker 11-22-2012 11:15 PM

It was released the 19th but WOWHD has it on backorder for me so I'll have to do with the downloaded DVD. I thought the release-date was November 26th. My bad.
Either way, I really like it and am curious of what others think of it.

I salute you,
TS

Kathleen 11-23-2012 09:21 PM

I finally have it in my hot little hands but I have had NO time to actually watch it - or even listen to the tracks. I have had bootlegs of this forever so I hope they at least did a better job than the fans did LOL.

Thierry 11-24-2012 04:21 PM

Just downloaded this, poor audio mix and not impressed with the show overall.

Thunderstrucker 11-24-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1096132)
Just downloaded this, poor audio mix and not impressed with the show overall.

What is wrong with the audio-mix? Maybe you got 'spoiled' with what Obie gave you? :D
And I am not impressed with the show either but they play all the songs I would want them to play live and they do it good.

I salute you,
TS

Thierry 11-24-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1096133)
What is wrong with the audio-mix? Maybe you got 'spoiled' with what Obie gave you? :D
And I am not impressed with the show either but they play all the songs I would want them to play live and they do it good.

I salute you,
TS

Might be some bad rip I downloaded but especially the guitar sounds very compressed.

Thunderstrucker 11-24-2012 04:41 PM

I ripped the audio from the DVD. LPCM-Stereo. The guitar does sound compressed but that doesn't make it poor to me. I wasn't at the show so I cannot tell how it was there.

I salute you,
TS

steel_horse75 11-24-2012 08:51 PM

They are have meant to cut a lot out but strangely kept jimmy pages error in the stairway to heaven solo!

ticos_stick 11-24-2012 11:24 PM

Why do they cut to crappy amateur video footage every so often? It looks awful.

The sound isn't that bad, but some of the guitar work sounds strange.