Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do u think Jon ever cheated on his wife...? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30475)

Dawn 06-06-2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
So what if he did cheat on his wife... I'm not saying he did.. but IF he did, is it any of our business? :roll:

:? if its none of our business whether he cheats on his wife or not then WHY has Jon told the press and public over and over again that he has cheated on his wife?

I wish he would shut up about his cheating . It makes him look like an ass by putting his wife down admitting to cheating , ITS A PRIVATE THING BETWEEN HIM AND DOT SO WHY THE HELL DOESNT HE KEEP IT PRIVATE :?

Dawn

Amelie 06-06-2005 02:30 AM

where and when did he admit cheating on his wife?

Becky 06-06-2005 04:22 AM

Actually, Dawn, he's never said, "I've cheated on my wife." He's been asked in British newspapers about it and the stock response is "I'm not a saint," or "I've made mistakes." He's also never lead anyone to believe that he consistely cheats on her or that he has cheated on her in the last decade. In fact, has denied cheating on her on radio/TV interviews with Howard Stern consistently since 1993. I think he probably did cheat on her when they were first married, but has been faithful for years. Personally, I believe what I see/hear him say in his own words moreso than what I read. Just because the British press prints the same quote every year and half doesn't mean he says it every time he sits down with an interviewer in England. The written press is a funny thing. They edit the way they want and they do use old quotes if it suits them or they make things up if it suits them. To illustrate, I have an interview Jon did with Kerrang in both print and the video tape of the interview. He never used major swear words in the video, but the print version had him dropping f-bombs every few sentences. Why? It's tailored to the audience and the audience of a rock magazine expects the rockers to curse a lot. Anyone who believes everything they read, good or bad, is very naive and putting way too much faith in the press. If I don't hear it with my own two ears out of Jon's mouth, I take it with a shaker of salt.

Now, just to clarify... I'm not saying I don't think Jon curses. I know he does because I've heard that in plenty of interviews too. I'm saying that in one specific interview he didn't but the printed interview was misleading and if the press will be misleading over something as silly as curse words, then why believe they wouldn't be misleading over substantial subjects? I'm not saying I think he's been 100% faithful to his wife for 16 years. I do believe he's been faithful to her for most of those years though because what he really says that you can see and hear from HIS mouth has been consistent. Why in all the inteviews he does all over the world would he maintains one story for the printed press and another for video/radio? And, yes, I do have pretty much every video interview the man has done at least through the Crush tour, so I have a pretty good basis for what I say when I talk about interviews. But, hey, maybe that one where he says he cheats on her is the one that I haven't got in my collection.

The truth is, none of us know and we choose which sources we believe. Until I see him say it, I'm skeptical based on the things I have seen him say. But, I honestly don't care. It's his life and his marriage, so it's between her and him. If he said tomorrow that he cheats on her and has 16 illegitimate children, I'll still buy his music. Hell... I still buy it even though he's a Democrat. :lol:

Becky

Dawn 06-06-2005 01:18 PM

I agree Becky , he does say these words I'm not a saint," or "I've made mistakes."most of the time in answer to the question do you cheat on your wife/how do you stay faithful etc, the answer of Im no saint and Ive made mistakes is a polite way of saying yes Ive cheated.

The worst interview I have ever seen him do re cheating was the Chris Evans one , many years ago. Dot was there in the crowd and Chris was talking about Jons marriage to Dot and their long term relationship and how does he manage to stay married/faithful. Jons reply was something along the lines of "I didnt know if I left the USA that I was still considered married "!!!!!!!!! and then followed it up with Ive made mistakes /saint line. Chris looked at Dot and said something like is he always like this, She just nodded !!!!!!!! Chris said how do you put up with him.

I just cant believe how disrespectful some of Jons comments have been towards their relationship. He has got better now thankfully , stating Dot is his muse etc , its about time he publicily started showing her some respect , especially now the kids are getting older.

Dawn

Becky 06-06-2005 04:37 PM

Dawn, I have that interview. It was a freaking joke! Contrary to popular belief, Jon does have a sense of humor and obviously Dorothea does too.

Becky

Keeper 06-06-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
Dawn, I have that interview. It was a freaking joke! Contrary to popular belief, Jon does have a sense of humor and obviously Dorothea does too.

Becky

Even written sounds like one. Somhow I don't see him discussing how his marriage works on TV :roll:

Plus, if it's okay for Dorothea, why should we consider Jon's attitude "disrespectful towards their relationship"? Okay, so it's not the way regular marriages work but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for them and she's not okay with it or she hasn't cheated while he was. It's only them that should consider it respectful or disrespectful. And Dorothea seems quite okay with how things stand. Whatever floats your boat :)

RichieW2001 06-06-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeper
Quote:

Becky

Even written sounds like one. Somhow I don't see him discussing how his marriage works on TV :roll:

Plus, if it's okay for Dorothea, why should we consider Jon's attitude "disrespectful towards their relationship"? Okay, so it's not the way regular marriages work but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for them and she's not okay with it or she hasn't cheated while he was. It's only them that should consider it respectful or disrespectful. And Dorothea seems quite okay with how things stand. Whatever floats your boat :)

yes keeper, but to sin against your neighbour is to sin against god, remember?

Keeper 06-06-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:

Quote:

Becky

yes keeper, but to sin against your neighbour is to sin against god, remember?

*smacks forehead*

Must be a sin too to forget about sins :lol:

spunkywho 06-06-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Plus, if it's okay for Dorothea, why should we consider Jon's attitude "disrespectful towards their relationship"? Okay, so it's not the way regular marriages work but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for them and she's not okay with it or she hasn't cheated while he was.

just becaus it works for them, doesn't mean it isn't completely disrespectful towards his wife.

Plenty of marriages work, that doesn't mean one or both are treated with any sort of decency.

Dawn 06-06-2005 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:

Plus, if it's okay for Dorothea, why should we consider Jon's attitude "disrespectful towards their relationship"? Okay, so it's not the way regular marriages work but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for them and she's not okay with it or she hasn't cheated while he was.

just becaus it works for them, doesn't mean it isn't completely disrespectful towards his wife.

Plenty of marriages work, that doesn't mean one or both are treated with any sort of decency.

Of course Jon made these comments in an apparent joking manner, oh am I married when I leave the states ?, oh Im no saint I make mistakes.. yeah really funny !!!!!!!!! :roll:

Still disrespectful .

Dawn