Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   These Days (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52374)

ticos_stick 12-24-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi 94 (Post 1033564)
full on agree!!.............. i would simply pick these days over it if i had to spend the rest of my days on a desert with one music album

Why have you got the guy out of the BT advert as your avatar?

Stoney 12-26-2010 06:16 AM

To Makedde

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makedde (Post 1033238)
These Days is a brilliant album. The song is a little overrated, but still, it's pretty darned good. The lyrics in this entire album are fan-****ing-tastic. There is such raw emotion in those songs. It sounds like he actually sat down and really thought about these songs, and wrote these beautiful, perfect lyrics, and come up with this amazing album which most everyone here can agree is a ****ing masterpiece.

I think These Days is a masterpiece not because of the songs, but because of the lyrics. You'd be hard pressed to find an album like this one with lyrics to rival it. It's just that good.

Fast forward 15 or so years and we have nothing but garbage. The song lyrics they've come up with today sound like they took about two minutes to write, and were written by JBJ's little kids, not him and Richie.

I won't include Captain Crash in this, as this song is clearly meant to be fun, so the silly lyrics are expected. It's when they try a serious song and have the most ridiculous lyrics, you wonder what the hell they were thinking.

No Apologies is a good one for me. I hate that song. I hate the first three lines: "Just another white trash, train track kid, fighting for survival, trying not to do like his daddy did".

How retarded do you need to be to write such shit like that, I dunno. Everytime I hear that song I piss myself laughing. I can't imagine Jon keeping a straight face singing that one. The rest of the song is okay, it's just the first few lines **** it up.

The Circle has some great lyrics in many of the songs, but nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever come close to rivaling the brilliance that is These Days.

Thoughts?

Hey folks, just a reply to Makedde's original post....you may excuse me I'm only getting used to this site and computers in general.
I agree that 'These Days' is a master class in song writing just as 'Destination Anywhere' was and I'm afraid I must agree that the lyrical value of the songs in the last fifteen years are very sub-standard compared to what the potential and the promised potential and genius that these guys have and have already shown.
Ofcourse there has been a few shining moments on the last few albums, you can choose yourself ha ha ha but I would love to hear an introspective, lyrical album next instead of the large, broad-stroke generic sound that has unfortunately become the custom.
Anyway guys that's just me...hope everybody is keeping well in this freezing weather here in Ireland ha ha ha :)))

jovi 94 12-26-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1033566)
Why have you got the guy out of the BT advert as your avatar?

because it is the only recent photo i have of myself, especially one that i could easily put up here! how did you know that, do you live in Northern Ireland?

ticos_stick 12-26-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi 94 (Post 1033629)
because it is the only recent photo i have of myself, especially one that i could easily put up here! how did you know that, do you live in Northern Ireland?

Yep, I'm living in Norn Iron at the moment :eggface:

So you're that guy?

jovi 94 12-26-2010 06:46 PM

Cool where abouts and where are you actually from? I am from and live in Bangor, approx. 10 miles from Belfast. Yes that is me and my wee family in the little BT advert I am afraid to say. It personally means very little to me, got a good bit of £ for it though, which was quite useful!

ticos_stick 12-26-2010 08:52 PM

I'm from England originally but have family here. I'm living in Belfast, on The Lisburn Road.

I saw the ad the other day and remembered seeing the face on here. Tis a small world :)

Gabriel Shoes 12-26-2010 09:13 PM

If U2 released These Days they'd called geniuses by everybody (not only by the media).

jovi 94 12-26-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1033642)
I'm from England originally but have family here. I'm living in Belfast, on The Lisburn Road.

I saw the ad the other day and remembered seeing the face on here. Tis a small world :)

i know mate.......in serious jovi mode at the minute. i had to hang on till xmas for the greatest hits (34 track one) and the videos, but am really pleased to finally have them. going to watch video one tonight and from a quick flash through it there seems to be some stuff i have never seen, not from access all areas etc

have you got it?

SexxAtraxxion 12-27-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1033384)
New Jersey shats on anything that the band have ever done since then.

;)

Best regards,
the Sexx

Matrix15 12-27-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1033384)
New Jersey shats on anything that the band have ever done since then.

Depends whether you want singalong anthems (NJ) or lyrical meaning (TD).

You can't really compare NJ and TD, they're such different albums.