Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Faceman 01-24-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261031)
My biggest grip here is Jon's change it attitude within the interviews. We - the fans - have known that it's been about Jon more and more Jon-driven since at least 2000 (and starting from KTF onwards). I'd even say that this might've been one of the contributing factors to Richie's growing frustration and ulitmately his departure.
But that aside - until around 2013, he at least talked about it being a band in public interviews. Whereas his "corporate head" had grown to frightening sizes from 2009 to 2013 when his main force seemed to be getting the NFL team, he appeared much more grounded in the phase leading up to THINFS (and I actually believed that).
How long did he keep touting out the New Year's Day story on stage about finding THE band in one room again and about how great that refound spirit was? How much did he emphasize this "new sense of pride" with these guys during HoF introduction? Ever since he signed on with Iriving Azoff, he has drifted more and more back to being the self-centered CEO (at least showing it, maybe he's been there all the time) again. It seems like a kick in the face of a band who has to save his ass on a nightly basis (and who has to listen to his unfiltered vocals on their IEMs night after night).
I wouldn't be too suprised if - at some point in the near future - he'd be in there trying to purchase a team again.

A lot of truth in here.
And to quote myself from the Richie thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1260438)
It's just Jon's inferiority complex talking.
And that's his problem throughout his whole career. He always wanted to be the biggest act and the greatest frontman on the planet. But there's the Rolling Stones on the number 1 spot nobody can take away. On number 2 are U2. To me they are one of the most overrated bands of all time but somehow the critics and the public love every piece of shit that's coming from Bono and his mates.
Number 3 depends on who is currently touring or having a hit album...in one year it's ACDC, the other year it's...I don't know let's say Queen + whatever singer they are touring with and another year later it might be Bon Jovi. But Bon Jovi never were the band to be constantly considered being one of the great 3...it was always just temporary.
Well, than Jon at least wants to be the biggest act in the US or at least in his homestate. But damn it, there's the Boss who is just as loved as U2. So even in his homestate the best Jon can do is being the no. 2.
To me that leads him to his massiv talk about being the CEO of a multi-million-dollar corporation, being the leading man (pun intended) in the band and dismissing Richie's importance. It's his fight for recognition in which he makes no prisoners.

Jovi98 01-24-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261030)
If you just put "I think the single will come out in..." in your signature, you save yourself a lot of posts :p:mrgreen:

ahahaha :D

Captain_jovi 01-24-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1261025)
Ok, I lied.

Well, yeah, according to Bob Rock, it seems like it was at least headed in that direction as far back as KTF.

You may be right and the atttendance might be similar if he promoted it as JBJ; but I doubt it. If that's the case, there are a couple of points you make that I still don't understand. In your previous post you said if it isn't promoted as "playing songs from his new solo album"... If it's all the same to most fans, why that would that be an issue? Wouldn't they likely be just as excited about a tour supporting a new solo album by Jon Bon Jovi as they would about a new album from the band?

Also, I'm not sure why you think calling it Jon Bon Jovi would be more of an option now than it was when Richie was still in the band. If it's been about Jon since 2000, why would that make a difference?

That's a fair point, if people aren't going to see the new album it won't matter if it's promoted as a JBJ album or a band album.

I think when Richie was in the band he did so much of the work and was so important to the sound and the co-writes, the guitar, the backing vocals. It felt like almost just as much his band. You can't really say the same for Tico and Dave (at least up until a certain point) Post 2000 they all got watered down so much that you can't really tell who is them and what is John Shanks on synth.

With no Richie and less co-writes from the proper band it's way more feasible and I don't think America would care. That being said, that's America, I'm not sure in other countries how it would fly. Of the three fanbases (the ones who know the hits, the casuals and the diehards) we're such a slim percentage of what's following a band that is just kind of there doing 40 shows a year.

Captain_jovi 01-24-2020 03:13 PM

Pollstar's info went right out the window when the lead single changed. They're filming the music video today for it but I think we can stop expecting it to be out this month because the article said it would.

Jovi98 01-24-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261035)
Pollstar's info went right out the window when the lead single changed. They're filming the music video today for it but I think we can stop expecting it to be out this month because the article said it would.

Yeah,if they're filming the video today it's almost impossible that the lead single come out this month.

Jack27 01-24-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261035)

How do you know this?

Jovi98 01-24-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1261037)
How do you know this?

Shhh, he knows everything....:D

Captain_jovi 01-24-2020 03:38 PM

I saw it on Twitter, I thought that info came from here but I guess not! Some casting call a few days ago for the shoot today. Didn't say the song though.

candidomtz 01-24-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1261037)
How do you know this?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...76d20cae34.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jovi98 01-24-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261039)
I saw it on Twitter, I thought that info came from here but I guess not! Some casting call a few days ago for the shoot today. Didn't say the song though.

We have trust in you! :D