Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 10-07-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1269024)
Do we know how that's worked out?

????????

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-07-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1269021)
SEA (streaming equivalent album)

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Looking into it a little I've seen "1,500 song streams from an album were treated as equivalent to one purchase of the album." The HARDCORE fan base that couldn't wait a day or two is so low, the fans aren't what botched the sales on this one.

"Billboard continues to publish a pure album sales chart, called Top Album Sales, that maintains the traditional Billboard 200 methodology, based exclusively on Nielsen SoundScan's sales data" I'm not sure which chart these numbers come from but I just don't think piracy from album leaking a day before is worth a guilt trip over.

jon-flp 10-07-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269022)
I'm not sure if that album had that package deal but for only 10 concerts the difference it would have made feels negligible.

The 10 concerts were on Asia, right? It wouldn't affect the sales in US.

And if I'm not wrong, we only knew BB few days before it gets released and it was not by the band oficial channels. Was a site of music from another country that had the snippets...If I remember it correctly, it was supraphonline . cz. I guess it hadn't any ticket bundle. Was pure cd sales.

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2020 03:47 PM

I said it 7 months ago. The best plan was to release it on May 15 as it was originally, and two weeks later to postpone the concerts. The album would have easily been in the top 5, and then I could have relaunched the album again in winter with added songs.

Captain_jovi 10-07-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269028)
I said it 7 months ago. The best plan was to release it on May 15 as it was originally, and two weeks later to postpone the concerts. The album would have easily been in the top 5, and then I could have relaunched the album again in winter with added songs.

And then everyone bitches at Jon for inflating sales for two years. I don't like seeing low sales reported but at least it's honest.

At least this way people got their money back. You postpone the concerts and it makes it harder and a LOT of people would have requested refunds. It was honestly a cool move of the organization to outright cancel the shows.

james_d 10-07-2020 03:50 PM

There are songs that haven't broken 100,000 plays on Spotify yet, that's poor lol

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2020 03:54 PM

I want to know how it will do it in other countries. Lately Jon became so focused on being successful in the US that he forgot the rest of the world. It will be strange to see some number 1s in Europe and other countries of an album that speaks to the US.

Alphavictim 10-07-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269018)
DO streaming numbers effect the album sales chart?

Considering MGK's album seems to be mostly digital only (the retail price in Europe seems to be 20 bucks, seems like distribution is weird), I'd say so, yes.

Litneg 10-07-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1269031)
I want to know how it will do it in other countries. Lately Jon became so focused on being successful in the US that he forgot the rest of the world. It will be ironic to see some number 1s in Europe and other countries of an album that speaks to the US.

There are some countries that didn't even have the physical copies for sale yet

Johny 10-07-2020 04:06 PM

I think the difference between now and Burning Bridges is the streaming. I don't know if YouTube plays are counted as well but I think majority of people just listen to it online or they pick only single songs. That all can't make up for the physical copies.