Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Guns N' Roses (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=21692)

AXL 01-15-2004 01:52 PM

Guns N' Roses

Anyone here like GN'R? Anyone excited about Chinese Democrasy comming soon?

peace out 8)

Stut 01-15-2004 02:04 PM

WOAH! Brand new topic, but since you´re a newbie, here´s little advise: you might wanna use search-button and check if there already is a topic about same thing.

AXL 01-15-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut-The-Finn
WOAH! Brand new topic, but since you´re a newbie, here´s little advise: you might wanna use search-button and check if there already is a topic about same thing.

i'll take that.. just a little to quick to spread the gospel thats all! rock on

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 04:08 PM

GNR rock!! Don't worry about creating another topic about them. There can never be too many. :wink:

*-- Vallie --* 01-15-2004 04:24 PM

and because you are new you are forgiven :)

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by °~~ Vallie ~~°
and because you are new you are forgiven :)

And he has a great username too!!! :o

Santa_Fe 01-15-2004 04:30 PM

It's been coming soon for 10 years now.

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe

This statement is sad, but true.

Supersonic 01-15-2004 04:43 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

:o No it's not true, it's "only" 8 years. :P

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

Quote:

:o No it's not true, it's "only" 8 years. :P

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Heheheh..well it feels like 10. :cry:

Santa_Fe 01-15-2004 04:46 PM

I personally lost hope. It's been far too long.

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 04:51 PM

They are playingn at Rock in Rio though. :D

Neurotica80 01-15-2004 04:57 PM

So you like Bon Jovi too then???

Santa_Fe 01-15-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

It's not GnR :(

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's not GnR :(

Not the originals, but after seeing them live, I will say that it is a lot better than the majority of what is out there. So, I will take it.

*-- Vallie --* 01-15-2004 05:09 PM

They played at a festival here 2 years ago in summer but I missed it cause I was on holiday in Spain :mad:

JOEYKID 01-15-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80

not going by his sig :lol: so what if he doesnt? at least with NG its not predictable, see the line up changes every 17.5 hours, the shows can get canceld 20 minutes before the band are due to go on stage, the album can have 250000 official release dats and still never come out where as bon jovi is boring and predictable :x :lol:

Mousebounce 01-15-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
Quote:

not going by his sig :lol: so what if he doesnt? at least with NG its not predictable, see the line up changes every 17.5 hours, the shows can get canceld 20 minutes before the band are due to go on stage, the album can have 250000 official release dats and still never come out where as bon jovi is boring and predictable :x :lol:

I was in Philly last year watching the opening act when it was cancelled. Riots broke out. It was interesting to say the least.

Youth Gone Jersey 01-16-2004 05:45 AM

Expect an announcement concerning Chinese Democracy late feb - March

Neurotica80 01-16-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well if he's nto its pretty sad just to come here to talk about Guns and Roses. That would be like me going to a Metallica board to say how great Bon Jovi are.

AXL 01-16-2004 10:50 AM

i think bj is cool, i'm not here to be an asshole or anything! altho i must say i like gn'r more, but you can like more than one band right? :wink:

as for the topic, chinese democrasy has been in the making for some years now, but since they are going to play in lisbon this spring (which i am attending) there is a better chance than ever that we'll see the album before that or right after. the rock am ring management has also said that they are negotiating with gn'r and they have confirmed that a european tour is in the making so this all points to brighter days for gn'r and their fans. another reason CD is taking so long is that they say they have three albums in the making so that when they tour for several years they don't have to thing about going into the studio to record all the time,, three albums sounds too good to be true, but i or we can only hope.

when it comes to the new line-up i must say that i disagree with whoever who said it is not guns n' roses. well it's not what it used to be, but still it's guns n' roses. the new members i.e. buckedhead is a kick ass guitar player and would play the hat of both slash and richie(just to drag bj into the thread) and thecnically all the musicians in the band are better than any old line-up of gn'r. that said i do think it is sad that they( slash, duff, izzy, steven) are not in the band anymore, if they were tho they would'nt have envolved musically and would have been stuck with playing music like appetite forever.

plus now i get a new band too and thats velvet revolver so i can have the cake and it it too if you know what i'm saying! :D

anyone going to lisbon in may?

peace out so long

erik (my real name)

btw lol, the chick who said she bumped into jbj at his kids football game and richie in the doorway or whatever... i think shes full of sh... :? don't tell her i said that...

Supersonic 01-16-2004 11:11 AM

Aloha !

Technically you can be a better band but that doesn't mean the band has got the same feeling as the old GnR. I'm going to Lisbon I think if they don't come any closer to my home...There are rumors they'll be playing at Rock Am Ring and Pinkpop.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JOEYKID 01-16-2004 12:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well if he's nto its pretty sad just to come here to talk about Guns and Roses. That would be like me going to a Metallica board to say how great Bon Jovi are.

NOT SAD AT ALL!

he is in the 'other bands' section! he's not doing it in the main section so QUIET YOU! this is what this section is about!

:roll:

Neurotica80 01-16-2004 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXL
i think bj is cool, i'm not here to be an ******* or anything! altho i must say i like gn'r more, but you can like more than one band right? :wink:

Cool 8)

And

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NOT SAD AT ALL!

he is in the 'other bands' section! he's not doing it in the main section so QUIET YOU! this is what this section is about!

:roll:

Shut it Spamykid, dont start arguments with me to post more spam :o :twisted:

JOEYKID 01-16-2004 12:48 PM

carli, am not trying to be rude but your being a bit of a b i t ch :roll: im not starting arguments im sticking up for the guy! its the other bands section! it has NOTHING to do with bon jovi, if he doesnt like bon jovi great, if he does, great..whats it to you?

as for me posting spam? yeah again not trying to be rude but im not alone in posting s h i t in this place

Neurotica80 01-16-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

carli, am not trying to be rude but your being a bit of a b i t ch :roll: im not starting arguments im sticking up for the guy! its the other bands section! it has NOTHING to do with bon jovi, if he doesnt like bon jovi great, if he does, great..whats it to you?

as for me posting spam? yeah again not trying to be rude but im not alone in posting s h i t in this place

Ermmm well he's said he does. My point was if he doesnt then why join a Bon Jovi msg board??? As I said thats like me joining another bands board to talk about Bon Jovi.

JOEYKID 01-16-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ermmm well he's said he does. My point was if he doesnt then why join a Bon Jovi msg board??? As I said thats like me joining another bands board to talk about Bon Jovi.

but he is posting in the other bands section! thats the bit you dont get by the looks of things :? he is posting about another band, in the other bands bit, sound right yet? :roll:

maybe he has searched around and seems to like the 'other bands' section here!

i think we have about 20% of users registerd here who couldnt actually care less about bon jovi!

Neurotica80 01-16-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

i think we have about 20% of users registerd here who couldnt actually care less about bon jovi!

I think you're wrong there. Theres fans here who maybe dont like many things what Bon Jovi do, but if they are here posting then yeh they could care less and thats a fact.

JOEYKID 01-16-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think you're wrong there. Theres fans here who maybe dont like many things what Bon Jovi do, but if they are here posting then yeh they could care less and thats a fact.

nope, i rekon alot join for other reasons, like to have a laugh! talk about other bands, sure they like BJ but it doesnt effect their life like many on here!

Dave 1986 05-05-2018 01:05 AM

Appetite for Destruction: Locked N' Loaded

Appetite for Destruction: Locked N' Loaded is being released June 29th, 2018.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_UY218_.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ox-set-629000/

I would get the 4CD/Blu Ray box set but not at that price. But I won't really want to settle for the 2CD version.

rolo_tomachi 05-09-2018 08:33 PM

Pretty Cool, I always liked Shadow Of Your Love, I should have been on the album.

yomamasofat 05-11-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1240773)
Appetite for Destruction: Locked N' Loaded is being released June 29th, 2018.

https://mm.aiircdn.com/5/5aec222d9b551.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ox-set-w519800

I would get the 4CD/Blu Ray box set but not at that price. But I won't really want to settle for the 2CD version.

I want the 4CDs so badly but it's so expensive...

groover22 05-11-2018 02:58 PM

This. I just want the 4cds and the Blu-ray. Don't need all the other fluff (Although the book would be nice, admittedly).

The 2cd just doesn't cut it but £170 for the box set is too much for me.

As for the £850 wooden crate edition....!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 1241227)
I want the 4CDs so badly but it's so expensive...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Dave 1986 05-12-2018 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groover22 (Post 1241244)
The 2cd just doesn't cut it but £170 for the box set is too much for me.

That's exactly how I feel. I don't understand the huge leap in price for 3 extra discs. I would say wait a while for it to come down in price but something like that will most likely go out of print and therefor increase in price.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2018 07:39 PM

groover22 06-23-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1242011)

Hoping they release just the CDs and Blu-ray somewhere down the line. Way too expensive for all that extra tat (except the book)

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

DavetheGodofKeys 06-28-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1241057)
Pretty Cool, I always liked Shadow Of Your Love, I should have been on the album.

Guns N' Roses - Shadow Of Your Love (Lyric Video) - YouTube

True. It's kinda like the situation with Edge Of A Broken Heart and Borderline. Both should've been on Slippery but didn't make the cut.

rolo_tomachi 08-07-2021 12:46 AM

Guns N Roses - Abusrd (new song 2021)

Dave 1986 08-07-2021 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1274986)
Guns N Roses - Absurd (new song 2021)
ABSUЯD - YouTube

Heard "ABSUЯD" earlier today. It's a reworking of a song from the Chinese Democracy sessions called "Silkworms". Not sure what to make of it at the moment. It literally sounds like a Chinese Democracy track but with Slash and Duff playing. I remember reading back in 2008 (I think it was an interview with Sebastian Bach) that there about 3 albums worth of songs from those sessions which where pretty much served up and ready to go, so maybe this is the start of that?

rolo_tomachi 08-07-2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1274987)
Heard "ABSUЯD" earlier today. It's a reworking of a song from the Chinese Democracy sessions called "Silkworms". Not sure what to make of it at the moment. It literally sounds like a Chinese Democracy track but with Slash and Duff playing. I remember reading back in 2008 (I think it was an interview with Sebastian Bach) that there about 3 albums worth of songs from those sessions which where pretty much served up and ready to go, so maybe this is the start of that?

I like this rework better, though it's not that I'm going crazy either ... it has an Oh My God-like vibe, so that's okay. In terms of sound and production, it sounds ****ing cool for me.

I think they're testing the waters, and maybe soon they'll release a first single from a new album!?..