Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Album Lyrical Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70776)

Captain_jovi 10-13-2020 05:33 PM

New Album Lyrical Discussion

Because the album is heavy in terms of racial issues, prejudices and political undertones I created this thread so we can talk about it openly without annoying people who would rather not.

Kukoc7 10-13-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269349)
Because the album is heavy in terms of racial issues, prejudices and political undertones I created this thread so we can talk about it openly without annoying people who would rather not.

Nice move, mate. I support this.;)

JackieBlue 10-13-2020 05:50 PM

Good call! :)

Litneg 10-14-2020 12:10 AM

I don't know if this was asked before here, but can someone explain to me the "I'm the star of anarchy today" on Blood In The Water?

Until now I'm interpreting this literally, as Trump being the leader of chaos in our world, but I also found that there's a book called "Anarchy Today" and don't know if it's a reference to this.

GabrielC 10-14-2020 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1269364)
I don't know if this was asked before here, but can someone explain to me the "I'm the star of anarchy today" on Blood In The Water?

Until now I'm interpreting this literally, as Trump being the leader of chaos in our world, but I also found that there's a book called "Anarchy Today" and don't know if it's a reference to this.

I interpret that as a fictional disinformation "news" tabloid, as he says the traditional news got nothing new to say. But I may be far off, idk

bonjovi90 10-14-2020 01:41 AM

Can someone explain to me what "Let It Rain" stands for? Is it meant as a metaphor for all the social judgement/injustice out there etc that's hammering in via the media? Or is it some sort of saying that I haven't heard of?
And is that "hard rain" reference in Brothers In Arms meant to go in the same direction?

Supersonic 10-14-2020 07:06 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1269366)
Can someone explain to me what "Let It Rain" stands for? Is it meant as a metaphor for all the social judgement/injustice out there etc that's hammering in via the media? Or is it some sort of saying that I haven't heard of?
And is that "hard rain" reference in Brothers In Arms meant to go in the same direction?

I think it's referring to Bukake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

eddie73 10-14-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1269369)
Aloha !

I think it's referring to Bukake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Best one yet .....that's tickled me lol

Johny 10-14-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1269364)

I tried to analyse this in Blood In The Water thread. The whole bridge is narrated from a different, ironical viewpoint showing how some things work in today's society.

Johny 10-14-2020 02:46 PM

It kinda bothers me that when I start a thread for a certain song and try to discuss the lyrics, I get only two or three replies and then people rather go on camparing Shanks to Phil.

And now it works here. :D

I'd second Dominik's question about Let It Rain. Basically Jon uses it as methaphor for bad things happening to somene that he doesn't deserve or they aren't his fault.
Here it may refer to something more specific.