Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Keep the faith (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13804)

Faceman 11-06-2023 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuddy (Post 1286239)
The outtakes from this album - Starting All Over Again, Radio Saved My Life Tonight, The Fire Inside, Fields of Fire, Cadillac Man, We All Sleep Alone, House of Fire* (NJ Demo?) - could have easily replaced the weak songs like Women In Love, Little Bit Of soul, Sleep When I’m Dead, Blame It On The Love.

4 out of that 7 songs you mention were not written during the KTF-era:
The Fire Inside is from 1994
Cadillac Man was written during the NJ tour.
We All Sleep Alone was written for New Jersey as was House Of Fire.

Besides that, it's purely a matter of personal taste. In my opinion, the only song worth being on the album is Radio. The other songs aren't bad at all but not good enough to be on the album either.

Sami 11-07-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1286192)
Miss Fourth Of July 100% should’ve been on the album. One of the best if not THE best outtake this band has. Although given the fact that Jon has expressed that the song was very painful for him at the time I also understand why it was left off the album in the end.

Still a real shame though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. The greatest song on the box set. A great epic powerful Bon Jovi song. Should have made the KTF album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sami 11-07-2023 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1286243)
4 out of that 7 songs you mention were not written during the KTF-era:
The Fire Inside is from 1994
Cadillac Man was written during the NJ tour.
We All Sleep Alone was written for New Jersey as was House Of Fire.

Besides that, it's purely a matter of personal taste. In my opinion, the only song worth being on the album is Radio. The other songs aren't bad at all but not good enough to be on the album either.

Not that it’s such a big deal at all but according to my understanding, We All Sleep Alone was written before the NJ era. It can be found on Cher’s self titled album, released in 1987. So I would say it was supposedly written for SWW.

Correct me if I’m wrong, though.

According to the liner notes, Bon Jovi the band is actually playing and singing the background vocals on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 11-07-2023 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1286254)
Not that it’s such a big deal at all but according to my understanding, We All Sleep Alone was written before the NJ era. It can be found on Cher’s self titled album, released in 1987. So I would say it was supposedly written for SWW.

Correct me if I’m wrong, though.

According to the liner notes, Bon Jovi the band is actually playing and singing the background vocals on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I remember that she approached Bon Jovi shortly after their SWW album rocketed them to fame. So late '86/ early '87 would fit the timeline pretty well.

Grantos1 11-10-2023 05:47 PM

Ideally we should have been discussing the 30th anniversary 4CD / blu ray / DVD / vinyl etc boxset they released last year... ;)

tobi is an animal 03-26-2024 06:31 PM

I would say this is probably Jon's absolute best vocal performance on an album. I love the tone and the vitality, it's just amazing.

It's absolutely stunning the dichotomy in the vocals with regards to Keep The Faith vs 2020, in terms of both tone and power.
Jon never had the same tone/power combo after These Days, due to smoking I would guess; and then sadly age and health issues were the final nail in the coffin.

tobi is an animal 03-26-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1286188)
I Believe 4/5
Keep the Faith 5/5
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead 5/5
In These Arms 4/5
Bed of Roses 4/5
If I Was Your Mother 3/5
Dry County 5/5
Woman In Love 2/5
Fear 3/5
I Want You 2/5
Blame It On The Love of Rock & Roll 2/5
Little Bit of Soul 3/5
Would be my assesment. I think the album could have been much stronger if the bonus tracks were part of the proper album instead of some of side b.

I Believe
Keep the Faith
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
In These Arms
Bed of Roses
If I Was Your Mother
Dry County
Starting All Over Again 5/5
Fear
Miss Fourth Of July 5/5
The Radio Saved My Life Tonight 4/5
Little Bit of Soul
Save A Prayer 5/5

That would be a killer album to me!

Choosing I Want You over Miss Fourth of July is the one that really baffles me...

my ideal tracklisting would be

I Believe
Keep the Faith
Starting All Over Again
In These Arms
Miss Fourth Of July
If I Was Your Mother
Dry County
Woman In Love
Fear
I Want You
Blame It On The Love of Rock & Roll
Little Bit of Soul

Thinny 03-26-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobi is an animal (Post 1289408)
I would say this is probably Jon's absolute best vocal performance on an album. I love the tone and the vitality, it's just amazing.

Personally I though that his vocals were the best on Blaze Of Glory, he's sounds phenomenal throughout that record. Faith close second.