Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Keep the faith (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13804)

UKjovi 07-08-2003 06:27 PM

Keep the faith

I have just brought Keep the faith, it's great.I brought it when it first came out but i lost it in a car accident doh.I can't believe i have waited this long to replace it.I'm going to listern again.

Yvonne 07-08-2003 06:41 PM

Good for you!

Freddie 07-08-2003 09:06 PM

Re: Keep the faith

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi
I have just brought Keep the faith, it's great.I brought it when it first came out but i lost it in a car accident doh.I can't believe i have waited this long to replace it.I'm going to listern again.

It`s good that you share this news with us. :roll:

Bex Jovi 07-10-2003 11:59 AM

Good for you..... now turn to track 7 please..... :wink:

Rob 07-10-2003 01:36 PM

There really isn't a bad track on Keep The Faith. The whole album is top quality.

Supersonic 07-10-2003 04:18 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
There really isn't a bad track on Keep The Faith. The whole album is top quality.

Yes there is. If I Was Your Mother is a bad track. I Want You is a close second.

By the way, I absolutely did not say this to make this topic a bit more interesting since now there might be a debate instead of a list of 30 users saying :

Yes it's great
Yes I love it
Yes it's one of Jovi's finest.
Yes blabla
Yes and so on.

;)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sargon 07-10-2003 05:40 PM

Yes it's great
:lol: 8)

Late 07-10-2003 05:40 PM

Fear and Little Bit of Soul are bad tracks too.

Sargon 07-10-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late
Fear and Little Bit of Soul are bad tracks too.

Fear maybe,but Little bit of soul... :!: :shock: :!:
We all need just a ... :wink:

Mr Bluesman 07-10-2003 06:18 PM

If I Was Your Mother, Fear, Little Bit Of Soul???
These are all great tracks. :shock:

SpainSambora 07-10-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bex Jovi
Good for you..... now turn to track 7 please..... :wink:

:twisted: YOU ROCK! :D

SpainSambora 07-10-2003 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
. If I Was Your Mother is a bad track.

Emmm :? You should be in a prison arrested by the MikeMcRock´s police.

Mongoose 07-10-2003 07:05 PM

Shut Up Fool

If I was your mother is a great rock track

SpainSambora 07-10-2003 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
Shut Up Fool

You look like Hulk :evil: , goose :wink:

Mr Bluesman 07-10-2003 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpainSambora
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose
Shut Up Fool

You look like Hulk :evil: , goose :wink:

:lol: And what's wrong with the Hulk? :lol:

Mongoose 07-10-2003 07:51 PM

the incredible hulk!

SpainSambora 07-10-2003 08:46 PM

:lol:

Rob 07-10-2003 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob

Yes there is. If I Was Your Mother is a bad track. I Want You is a close second.

By the way, I absolutely did not say this to make this topic a bit more interesting since now there might be a debate instead of a list of 30 users saying :

Yes it's great
Yes I love it
Yes it's one of Jovi's finest.
Yes blabla
Yes and so on.

;)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I think I Want You is one of the best tracks on the record and If I Was Your Mother is good too. I suppose it's all down to opinion at the end of the day. I know all the tracks can't be amazing but there is definately not a bad track on that album!

RichieW2001 07-10-2003 10:07 PM

IWY isn't bad at all. the only thing that annoys me about it is the keyboards, they don't fit the song whatsoever.

tawtami 07-10-2003 11:53 PM

i think i have to agree with goose... my top tracks in order off that album are 1. dry county
2. little bit of soul
3. blame it on the love of rock n roll
4. if i was your mother
5. keep the faith / ISWID depending on mood

Supersonic 07-11-2003 07:29 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by tawtami
i think i have to agree with goose... my top tracks in order off that album are 1. dry county
2. little bit of soul
3. blame it on the love of rock n roll
4. if i was your mother
5. keep the faith / ISWID depending on mood

Hrmpf. ;)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

UKjovi 07-11-2003 12:07 PM

i think this CD is still better than crush, i think that was their worst album

Stay Human 07-11-2003 12:21 PM

:)

That has brightened my day, I've been listening to faith over the last few days...

Diana 07-11-2003 01:35 PM

i love the whole album

Dave 1986 07-09-2020 06:04 PM

Jon has done another Mini-Review (and I mean “Mini”) this time on Keep the Faith;

https://youtu.be/N8p2_JRRJGE

Interesting what he said about “Dry County” how it inspired him to right songs like “Right Side of Wrong” and “Joey”, for which I don’t quite see the connection. Also saying that “If I Was Your Mother” and “Fear” were more personal songs to him.

Nice that he’s doing these little videos and I hope to see more.

Bounce7800 07-09-2020 06:19 PM

At the very least he seems to be reminding himself of the back catalogue. Whether that would translate into any creeping back into the live shows, who knows. But nice to see him recognise the past for a change.

Javier 07-09-2020 06:20 PM

It would be super interesting to hear what he thinks of bounce. He's basically ignored that album as a whole, he acknowledges Joey and RSOW but that's all he's said of the album in years!!

JackieBlue 07-09-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1265257)
Jon has done another Mini-Review (and I mean “Mini”) this time on Keep the Faith;

https://youtu.be/N8p2_JRRJGE

Interesting what he said about “Dry County” how it inspired him to right songs like “Right Side of Wrong” and “Joey”, for which I don’t quite see the connection. Also saying that “If I Was Your Mother” and “Fear” were more personal songs to him.

Nice that he’s doing these little videos and I hope to see more.

Could the connection be that they're story songs? I mean, Livin on a Prayer tells a story, kinda; but these seem to be more like straight narratives, without a real universal application, like Prayer has.

Dave 1986 07-09-2020 06:33 PM

Keep the faith

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1265263)
Could the connection be that they're story songs? I mean, Livin on a Prayer tells a story, kinda; but these seem to be more like straight narratives, without a real universal application, like Prayer has.

Most likely, yes. It’s just I personally would never put those those two songs in the same category as “Dry County”, but then I was thinking musically and in terms of quality which is not the same thing. That plus those two songs from Bounce seem to the considered quite low on people’s lists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1265261)
It would be super interesting to hear what he thinks of bounce. He's basically ignored that album as a whole, he acknowledges Joey and RSOW but that's all he's said of the album in years!!

I’d love to hear what he currently thinks about Bounce as well, as you say (much like These Days) it’s largely ignored. It was the Bounce era that I first immersed myself into in terms of really following the bands career so back in 2002/3 I saw lots of interviews talking about the album when it was fresh but it’ll be nice to see what he has to say about it now.

Still immensely grateful he’s doing these little videos and he says they’re going to be weekly so it’ll be interesting to see what’s next.

Also, Jon describes Keep the Faith as a fan favourite (which it is) but it’s certainly more than that. It’s up there with Slippery When Wet and New Jersey.

rolo_tomachi 07-09-2020 09:10 PM

Keep The Faith
Dry County
If I Was Your Mother
I Believe
Fear
Little Bit Of Soul

And I like Save a Prayer too.

Captain_jovi 07-09-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1265261)

Yeah agreed, he pretty much called out the two songs he pulls out from time to time at fan club events.

KeepTheFaith2211 07-10-2020 08:41 AM

It’s labelled as a review but in truth he’s just telling us what songs are on the album.

rolo_tomachi 07-10-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1265325)
It’s labelled as a review but in truth he’s just telling us what songs are on the album.

Yep. Jon could have told some anecdote about the recording or something, however he does this thing with the vinyl cover. It feels like has not even heard it yet and he only getting a little bit of attention from the fans.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-10-2020 09:41 AM

My favorites: Keep The Faith, In These Arms, I Believe, If I Was Your Mother, Dry County...
I never liked Bed Of Roses too much.
General reviews but nice that we'll have a "quick review" "weekly".

Captain_jovi 07-10-2020 02:51 PM

It's a shame he's so hesitant about social media, I'd love to see him hire someone to run that side of things and make longer form online retrospective videos. I think hardcore fans would go nuts to see him listening to older songs and commenting on the recording/writing process etc.

Savvi 07-12-2020 01:53 PM

Man oh man, KTF. I. Love. This. Album. I've always said I prefer it to NJ and TD. Keep the Faith, I Believe, Bed of Roses, Fear, Dry County, If I Was Your Mother, Blame it on the Love, and the best of them all - In These Arms. Even the middle-of-the-road songs like I Want You and Woman In Love I enjoy. Little Bit of Soul is the only one I don't listen to all that much, and I think Sleep is severely over rated. But apart from that, it's so so good.

Had Outlaws of Love and Good Guys been on the album it would've been perfection. Kind of like if Borderline and Edge of a Broken Heart had been on Slippery.

Anyway, great album. I love Jon's reviews, even if they are super short and dont go into much detail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265351)
It's a shame he's so hesitant about social media, I'd love to see him hire someone to run that side of things and make longer form online retrospective videos. I think hardcore fans would go nuts to see him listening to older songs and commenting on the recording/writing process etc.

I would froth over something like that.

steel_horse75 07-12-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265351)

Agree with this.
The reviews aren’t reviews as such, just lists of songs, but why not do a 10 minute review for each album for the YouTube channel.
Can talk about the tours that accompanied the album, songs that didn’t make it etc.
Be really good to see something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 11-03-2023 09:04 AM

31 years old today....really suprised they didnt do something for the 30th last year...not!

Just seen a review from Kerrang mag for this and it got 3/5 and id go with that, maybe 3.5/5, I think first 7 songs are killer then it dips a bit and comes back strong.
Never got into Blame it on love, i want you or woman in love. Fear is underrated and Save a prayer is a cracking song -one of my favs.

Was a great tour and I saw them at Wembley in 93 and also MK Bowl in 93 - where we got the legendry Dry County performance.

So.....Views?

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Nige 11-03-2023 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1286184)
31 years old today....really suprised they didnt do something for the 30th last year...not!

Just seen a review from Kerrang mag for this and it got 3/5 and id go with that, maybe 3.5/5, I think first 7 songs are killer then it dips a bit and comes back strong.
Never got into Blame it on love, i want you or woman in love. Fear is underrated and Save a prayer is a cracking song -one of my favs.

Was a great tour and I saw them at Wembley in 93 and also MK Bowl in 93 - where we got the legendry Dry County performance.

So.....Views?

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

3 out of 5 is criminal IMO - should be at least a 4. Some of all the band members peak performances all round coupled with amazing song writing.

Agree about the second half dipping in quality slightly but they are still strong songs, and could have been singles for any other band, especially I Want You.

How The Radio Saved My Life Tongiht didn't make it I'll never know.

Supersonic 11-03-2023 01:47 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1286186)
3 out of 5 is criminal IMO - should be at least a 4. Some of all the band members peak performances all round coupled with amazing song writing.

Agree about the second half dipping in quality slightly but they are still strong songs, and could have been singles for any other band, especially I Want You.

How The Radio Saved My Life Tongiht didn't make it I'll never know.

Meh, it's mostly 3-4 star songs with the exception of Keep the Faith, In These Arms and Bed of Roses. Everything else is just fan favourites or pretty good songs. You only wind up with 4/5 star reviews if every song on the album either offers something new, doesn't stand out as a sore thumb or is as strong as the singles. Keep the Faith has several of the latter.

Bed Of Roses is a great powerballad. I Want You is pretty much the opposite. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is a good party song while Little Bit of Soul and Blame it on the Love aren't as strong. The album has 12 tracks. 4 great songs, a few fan favourites and then a lot of stuff everyone seems to think is great yet is rarely mentioned in any top 10 of anyone. Saying I Want You could've been a single for another band is odd considering most other bands stray away off the schmaltz Jon and a lot of fans favour.

I Believe 4/5
Keep the Faith 5/5
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead 4/5
In These Arms 5/5
Bed of Roses 5/5
If I Was Your Mother 2/5
Dry County 4/5
Woman In Love 3/5
Fear 3/5
I Want You 2/5
Blame It On The Love of Rock & Roll 3/5
Little Bit of Soul 3/5

This averages on 3,6 and this is me still being biased as a fan. Although I'd love it to be different there's no way the average opinion on Keep the Faith would be that it's the sheer perfection I think it is. Deduct half a point for me being biased and you get an album that's 3/5 stars. This isn't bad by any means but it just isn't the masterpiece a lot of fans think it is. Most of the album cuts are interesting to see what else Bon Jovi could write but also directly prove why they should've stuck to what they were good at.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan