Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stratovarius : surprise (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=20497)

walterjovi 12-13-2003 06:42 AM

Stratovarius : surprise

singer Timo Kotipelto and drummer Jorg Michael have been fired from the band by guitarist & leader Timo Tolkki

{_Warrior_} 12-13-2003 07:18 AM

Can't believe :shock:

StoneDeaf 12-13-2003 09:21 AM

Tolkki was interviewed by a finnish newspaper few days ago about it, and he said that there's been lots of disagreeing and argument between him and Kotipelto for some time. Also, Johansson said he can't work in a band that has so much tension in it. After reviewing the situation they agreed that Kotipelto & Micheal will leave. There also was actual fight between Tolkki & Kotipelto a while ago, I'm sure that didn't help the situation either.

Really crappy situation for the band, they signed quite good record deal with sanctuary records just a while ago, now all the trouble with the lineup.What I do find weird is that Tolkki already mentioned that he knows who's going to be new singer. Seems like he's been looking for a new vocalist even before Kotipelto left, can't really think that he'd find a new one in a week or so.....

{_Warrior_} 12-13-2003 05:25 PM

He can't find a Kotipelto in every corner.... :evil:
That man has a wonderfull voice......... everytime I hear Forever I almost cry..... :cry:

StoneDeaf 12-13-2003 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_}
That man has a wonderfull voice......... everytime I hear Forever I almost cry..... :cry:

He hinted in that interview that he's been considering finnish drummer & german singer. About singer, only one who comes to my mind that could fit in & be good at it & might be available would be Michael Kiske.

stoney

{_Warrior_} 12-13-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
Quote:

He hinted in that interview that he's been considering finnish drummer & german singer. About singer, only one who comes to my mind that could fit in & be good at it & might be available would be Michael Kiske.

Kiske is a legend, he would fit perfectly......... but he left metal a long time ago...... don't think he would accept......

Stut 01-15-2004 12:23 PM

Now they have announced the replacements for Kotipelto & Jörg.

http://www.stratovarius.com/article/miss_k_1.jpg

The vocal talents of this sultry Finnish lady vary from raunchy rock to classical operatic. Her voice range is over 3 octaves and she is capable of transforming Stratovarius sound to something unique, something that has never been heard in Metal before.

She is 30 years old and has a background in gymnastics, where she has twice become a Finnish Champion, and in acting.

She has until now been singing in some local bands and has done over 200 gigs.

Drummer for the next album will be Anders Johansson, the brother of Jens Johansson.

After selling over 1 500 000 copies of their previous records, Stratovarius is now ready to take the next step in their career.

The band will enter the studio, a secret place, in May to record 11th studio album, which has a working title "PopKiller".

StoneDeaf 01-16-2004 01:52 AM

that must be a f**king joke!!!......I'm afraid it isn't, but woman singing for Stratos???

{_Warrior_} 01-16-2004 04:22 AM

Will they turn into another Nighwish ? :roll:

Stut 01-16-2004 09:23 AM

Quote:

Will they turn into another Nighwish ? :roll:

Like that would be the only way to play power metal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
woman singing for Stratos???

Tolkki has said that Kotipelto was so good singer that it is hard to find a replacement for him. So he took a step forward and chose a female.