Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Interviewing Doc McGhee (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70741)

eddie73 09-02-2020 05:35 PM

Looking forward to hearing this ! I wonder how much he will actually spill the beans though , I wouldn't be surprised if Jon has made him sign a contract and cant talk about certain things .

TheOriginalJez 09-02-2020 07:29 PM

Sticking with the Jersey theme: He was running a management company with some big names in the late 80s, so how directly involved was he with the individual bands, how much was left to his 'underlings' - and does he think he'd have avoided the post Jersey train crash if he had been more directly involved.

Also, if you can get away with it - it's been 30 years noone's going to prosecute... the truth behind the Moscow Peace Festival. I mean, it was a momentous achievement and a notch in his belt ANYWAY, so WAS he beating a drug rap by doing it? And how bad was the drug use behind the stage, cos the accounts all suggest this anti-drug show was pretty wired.

bonjovi90 09-02-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1266600)
I mean, it was a momentous achievement and a notch in his belt ANYWAY, so WAS he beating a drug rap by doing it?

I'm not a 100% sure what drug rap exactly means, but if you're asking if he had to this ordered by the court, then pretty much yes.
He was originally sentenced to 5 years in prison, but was sent on probation.
He had to pay 250,000$ and part of his fine was that he had to support the Make A Difference Foundation. Hard to tell what the demands exactly were, but both the album Stairyway To Heaven - Highway To Hell and the Moscow Music Festival were essentially also projects he had offered in court to avoid going into prison.

steel_horse75 09-04-2020 08:55 AM

Who was his favourite band to manage and why.
He’s managed crue, Jovi, skid row, kiss, GNR and scorpions so the biggest rock bands in world at one point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddie73 09-10-2020 02:39 PM

Has this been done yet ?

JoviForever 09-10-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1266582)
Howdy all!
I'm going to be interviewing Doc McGhee next week for my radio show. I'm pretty excited and am going to focus on Jovi a lot!
Let me know if there is anything you want asked and I'll see what I can do. If you are on facebook, go and give "Rock Hard with Phil and Tish" a like as the interview will be posted up there once completed and after we have played it on our show.
Cheers legends

Has this happened yet and where can we here it?

life_of_agony 09-11-2020 09:27 AM

It was postponed unfortunately, should be happening Wednesday next week now. I’ll post it on our Facebook “Rock Hard with Phil and Tish” once it’s done 🤘

eddie73 07-19-2021 02:07 PM

Any update on this interview ?

life_of_agony 08-22-2022 09:59 AM

Talk about a delay…

There was alot of back and forth trying to work out dates and then it never happened.

Until today!

I was way too much of a fanboy on the chat and had a million more questions to ask but not enough time.
Talked to Doc about Alec, some stuff about the Moscow Peace Festival (some interesting news about that and a few other things. He was super accomodating. Going to have the link up on our Facebook page “Rock Hard with Phil and Tish” in the next day or two 🤘

liljovi93 08-22-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1282427)
Talk about a delay…

There was alot of back and forth trying to work out dates and then it never happened.

Until today!

I was way too much of a fanboy on the chat and had a million more questions to ask but not enough time.

Talked to Doc about Alec, some stuff about the Moscow Peace Festival (some interesting news about that and a few other things. He was super accomodating. Going to have the link up on our Facebook page “Rock Hard with Phil and Tish” in the next day or two [emoji869]

Looking forward to it!!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk