Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rediscovering 7800 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32005)

Booser 09-22-2005 09:44 PM

Rediscovering 7800

Just uncovered my CD while looking for other stuff. Popped it in and King of the Mountain is playing. Its like a whole different band. I remember "loosing" this CD not long after I first bought it and hating it so much.

Time to give it another chance then I think. What are your favourites from it? Oh....Tokyo Road is on now. Jesus what a ****ing weird intro.

Captain Walrus 09-22-2005 09:51 PM

Always maintained that its a great album ... at least as good as, if not better than Bryan Adam's Reckless I'd say. One of the few albums where the synthesisers sound really good to my ears. Favourites? Price Of Love, Only Lonely, Hardest Part and To The Fire (everyone seems to hate that one for some reason, I love it!)

Booser 09-22-2005 09:56 PM

I'd forgotten 90% of this stuff. Price of Love is on now. Some great work by Richie. Makes me sad in a way.

Rob 09-22-2005 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booser
JTime to give it another chance then I think. What are your favourites from it? Oh....Tokyo Road is on now. Jesus what a ****ing weird intro.

Yeah the intro to Tokyo Road is a Japanese lullaby I think. Somebody had it translated a while back. It's a good song, perhaps the best on 7800. I've always thought it was a pretty crap album compared to the debut album and the stuff that came after.

Krycek 09-22-2005 10:52 PM

I actually pulled this one out last week for the first time in about 2 years and I hated it as much I remembered.

Man, it's dreadful IMO. It's so weak, musically and lyrically. Jon's vocals are pretty horrid and there's just a distinct lack of real creativeness, all the songs sound very similar. I just really don't like it. Not one song I'd rate over 5/10.

Phil

Stratocaster 09-22-2005 11:05 PM

never did like 7800 a great deal. I quite liked 'I don't wanna fall [to the fire]'. I have'nt listened to the album in ages, theres always something else I'd rather listen to...

eriK 09-22-2005 11:15 PM

back then bon jovi rocked! And they knew it. there was a whole other attitude in their music during the 80s, even on SWW (which is a bad album).

my fav. is The hardest part is the night, brilliant song, a bit commercial but still GREAT!

DevilsSon 09-22-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krycek
I actually pulled this one out last week for the first time in about 2 years and I hated it as much I remembered.

Man, it's dreadful IMO. It's so weak, musically and lyrically. Jon's vocals are pretty horrid and there's just a distinct lack of real creativeness, all the songs sound very similar. I just really don't like it. Not one song I'd rate over 5/10.

Phil

but then you say Have A Nice Day is 'back and better than ever' so I guess you must have serious ear-problems.

IMO this album is way better than the debut and I still consider it the most under-rated hard rock album of the 80s. Man, this record is energy pure, still it has such a dark feel. And the title, best title BJ had for any record.
7800 is a gret guitar-drum-vocals combination. Ok, the lyrics are not the best but the songs have enaugh power to make this unimportant.

eriK 09-22-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
but then you say Have A Nice Day is 'back and better than ever' so I guess you must have serious ear-problems.

IMO this album is way better than the debut and I still consider it the most under-rated hard rock album of the 80s. Man, this record is energy pure, still it has such a dark feel. And the title, best title BJ had for any record.
7800 is a gret guitar-drum-vocals combination. Ok, the lyrics are not the best but the songs have enaugh power to make this unimportant.

I'm with you all the way! a true metal album!

Alphavictim 09-23-2005 12:18 AM

My favourite track on the CD is Hardest Part Is The Night, but apart from Silent Night and King Of The Mountain, I like all the songs. It's understandable why "In And Out Of Love" was the track chosen for Crossroad, though, because it's the most "partylike" track, something like "Hardest part" would have felt REALLY out of place on Crossroad.